Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw expected to start over Ballard

BlueCollarColts

http://fansided.com/2013/06/19/indianapolis-colts-expected-to-start-vick-ballard-behind-ahmad-bradshaw-in-2013/

Apparently Vick Ballard will be taking over the back-up role, I think this is the right move, Bradshaw when healthy is arguably a top 10-12 RB, lets hope he can stay healthy

Edit- link isn't working, the article on the 3rd slide of the NFL page

Edit: Link fixed -- Superman

Edited by Superman
fixing link

Now that I've read the source for this, I can say that this is entirely supposition. The writer (and the source the writer quotes) doesn't provide any team-related basis for this.

Bradshaw is our best back, assuming he's healthy, so it shouldn't surprise any of us if he's the starter. But that hasn't been determined just yet, and it can't be until Bradshaw takes the field. If he earns it over Ballard, awesome.

This should be expected, but isn't set in stone. If Bradshaw isn't healthy by week 1 his chance of starting is low. It'd be messed up to just pull Ballard out of the starting job in let's say week 5 just because Bradshaw is healthy then. But everything will shape up on it's own once TC begins to close out

when it comes to WR, TE, OLB, DL, ILB and RB, I don't think it really matters who's penciled in as the starters because I'm expecting there will be a lot of rotation.  I expect Bradshaw, Ballard and Brown to all get a significant number of carries.

Now that I've read the source for this, I can say that this is entirely supposition. The writer (and the source the writer quotes) doesn't provide any team-related basis for this.

Bradshaw is our best back, assuming he's healthy, so it shouldn't surprise any of us if he's the starter. But that hasn't been determined just yet, and it can't be until Bradshaw takes the field. If he earns it over Ballard, awesome.

Exactly. Nothing is set in stone at that position and there's no factual information stating that the "Colts expect Bradshaw to start over Ballard."

Could that be the case come July? Sure.

But as of now it's pure specualtion and let's be honest, whoever starts should not really matter at RB.

Both guys I think will get pretty their fair share of carries and be vital to the offensive balance.

Please take the posts by Kevin Bowen and Superman to heart.      Really.     Seriously.

There's no there, there.    There are no dots to connect.   

There is nothing from the Colts saying this.     This is all speculation from a writer.     That's it.

Might as well call it an opinion piece.

There is nothing to react to one way or another.......    Enjoy your day.....

brown has done nothing and deserves nothing. i wouldnt be surprised if hes traded before TC

I am NOT a Brown lover nor do I think he is owed anything, I know he has underperformed & been hurt a lot, although playing better the last 2 years, he may get traded we will see, but I love how Williams gets all this love & expectations & hasn't yet stepped onto & NFL field. Don't get it. I guess I am a show me first kind of guy, looking forward to seeing what he's got if anything.

Edited by Superman
formatting

Bradshaw, Ballard, and Brown will all get carries. The Ballard-Brown battle in training camp & preseason will be fierce.

When all 3 are 100% and healthy, Bradshaw is clearly the best we've got. But the days of one guy getting 90% of the work are long gone for every team that doesn't have Adrian Peterson.

brown has done nothing and deserves nothing. i wouldnt be surprised if hes traded before TC

I can never understand why there's such a difference in sentiment for Brown and Ballard. They had practically the exact same efficiency numbers (3.9 ypc, 1 TD every 100 or so carries, approximately). Ballard got twice as many touches, but wasn't any more efficient because our O-line was trash. It was the same deal for receiving yards. The biggest difference between the two production wise was Ballard fumbled 3 times, which can't keep happening. 

It's almost like people want to turn Brown into something worse than he is to keep having something to complain about. I can't take the argument seriously when people rag on Brown for being horrible and then tout Ballard for having the exact same ypc.

I can never understand why there's such a difference in sentiment for Brown and Ballard. They had practically the exact same efficiency numbers (3.9 ypc, 1 TD every 100 or so carries, approximately). Ballard got twice as many touches, but wasn't any more efficient because our O-line was trash. It was the same deal for receiving yards. The biggest difference between the two production wise was Ballard fumbled 3 times, which can't keep happening. 

It's almost like people want to turn Brown into something worse than he is to keep having something to complain about. I can't take the argument seriously when people rag on Brown for being horrible and then tout Ballard for having the exact same ypc.

if you really wanna talk stats here some for you. 4 years in the league and never once rushed for 1000 and dont give me that crap about spliting carries because addai split carries with rhodes and got 1000. also the most tds hes had in a season is 5.

if you really wanna talk stats here some for you. 4 years in the league and never once rushed for 1000 and dont give me that crap about spliting carries because addai split carries with rhodes and got 1000. also the most tds hes had in a season is 5.

Addai and Rhodes had a half way decent line to run behind.

Scheme had a lot to do with DBs lack of huge success as well. He's always been more of a slash and dash running back that works great with a FB. We didn't implement that a whole lot in his early years and finally did it in 2011 when we were forced to do SOMETHING to get a spark on offense.

DB isn't great but he hasn't been horrible either. He doesn't have the fumbling issues Carter has and isn't an unproven rookie like Williams.

Start Bradshaw and have him share some of the load with Ballard and have DB step in if one gets hurt. You want to have the depth at the RB position and DB allows for that to happen at a relatively low cost.

Addai and Rhodes had a half way decent line to run behind.

Scheme had a lot to do with DBs lack of huge success as well. He's always been more of a slash and dash running back that works great with a FB. We didn't implement that a whole lot in his early years and finally did it in 2011 when we were forced to do SOMETHING to get a spark on offense.

DB isn't great but he hasn't been horrible either. He doesn't have the fumbling issues Carter has and isn't an unproven rookie like Williams.

Start Bradshaw and have him share some of the load with Ballard and have DB step in if one gets hurt. You want to have the depth at the RB position and DB allows for that to happen at a relatively low cost.

Ballard was running behind that same line and I bet if he was the starter from the start he would have gotten 1000.

I can't wait for Training Camp to start and that "Delone Carter is CUT" thread pops up here on the forum so the Delone Carter Lovers/Donald Brown haters can be silenced.

*sits back and waits for July 27th*

I'd wager many are waiting for a similar thread, though likely one reading that Donald Brown was cut.

Diversity is such a fun thing lol.

Bradshaw is easily the best back we have, but what we have seen from Bradshaw was with the Giants. Until we see him run as a colt. I personally think Ballard should remain the top dog till proven otherwise 

I love the fact that the article title sounds like a declaration of fact.  When one nobody uses another nobody's opinion as the basis for an article it shows we aren't dealing with journalism.

May the best man play!