Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck ranked #23 on NFL Top 100

MTC

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading many of the negative comments about Luck being placed too high, I find it hard to believe that this is actually an Indianapolis Colts forum! If you want to cut our own QB down become a fan of another team ASAP!

Ehh are we only allowed to worship our players and not be a tad realistic? Andrew Luck was a rookie and I am not cutting him down, just acknowleding that there still are a lot of players better than him in this league.

Weighing each position equal?

Brady

Brees

Manning

Ryan

Rodgers

Geno Atkins

Brandon Marshall

Reggie Wayne

Roddy White

Calvin Johnson

JJ Watt

Von Miller

Richard Sherman

Tim Jennings

Charles Tillman

Rob Gronkowski

Adrian Peterson

Marshawn Lynch

CJ Spiller

Doug Martin

Alfred Morris

Patrick Willis

Navarro Bowman

Kyle Williams

Jamaal Charles

Andre Johnson

Dez Bryant

AJ Green

Aldon Smith

Cameron Wke

Clay Matthews

Joe Thomas

Duane Brown

Eric Weddle

Jarius Byrd

ect....

I could keep going.

Your list is a joke, right?

Ehh are we only allowed to worship our players and not be a tad realistic? Andrew Luck was a rookie and I am not cutting him down, just acknowleding that there still are a lot of players better than him in this league.

Ok, but apparently the guys who play against Luck and every other player in the league each week think he is the 23rd best player in the NFL

Depends..... Is he still leading 5 or 6 game winning drives? There is more to who is the better player than who has the prettier stats

The game winners stay at around 3-5 in the same period of time and he posts 55 % comp., 4,3k yds, 23 TDs 18 ints (correct me if Im wrong with these stats). I'd say that those numbers do not justify a 23rd spot.

It's only realistic if you feel that way, but if I feel differently, I'm wrong? I see how this works now. If will defer to your opinion from now on. I beg forgiveness for ever doubting you.

It's only realistic if you feel that way, but if I feel differently, I'm wrong? I see how this works now. If will defer to your opinion from now on. I beg forgiveness for ever doubting you.

You don't have to agree with me, but if we don't discuss our different opinions, then what is the point of this forum? I don't mean to offend you with my arguments, just trying to have a debate...

Taking a team from 2 wins to 11 breaking the all time rookie record with almost 4400 yds, having numerous come from behind wins, all that with a horrible o-line where defensive players were draped all over him constantly but still being able to accomplish all that, I guess that apparently means nothing to you, well it does to me and him being rated 23 sounds just about right!

Overall I'm happy with it. I think he should have been in the top 20, but whatever. He will be this year and it's something for us to hope he shoots for. If we had been offered him to be good enough to be #23 overall when last year started, I think we all would have signed up. At the same time I'm not surprised he's this good.

I still think he desreved to be higher than RG3 but I am extremely bias.

Lots of bickering over a poll very few players participated in and nobody really takes seriously.

Great point.  It is kind of a joke.   Asking a minority of players to come up with their top 20 off the top of their head.  Doesn't account for who they play again.  I think they should revise it, actually have a list of like the assumed top 20 at each position, and have more players vote.

I remember when Donovon McNabb was crowned the better young QB then Peyton Manning.  All a joke.

Look, I don't care much about the "list" but it is compiled by actual NFL players. For Luck to be ranked so high is a testament to his rookie season.

I loved the video. Many players gave Luck a lot of respect. The footage showed what we all saw last season-- Luck standing tall in the pocket, delivering a pass while taking a beating. He always got back up,

http://www.nfl.com/top100/2013#video=0ap2000000210553

Look, I don't care much about the "list" but it is compiled by actual NFL players. For Luck to be ranked so high is a testament to his rookie season.

I loved the video. Many players gave Luck a lot of respect. The footage showed what we all saw last season-- Luck standing tall in the pocket, delivering a pass while taking a beating. He always got back up,

http://www.nfl.com/top100/2013#video=0ap2000000210553

I liked your post, just wanted to add can you imagine what Luck could do with good protection, it boggles my mind!

It really depends what this poll "is", and from what I've read even the people participating in it have no idea.

The fact is that if I were drafting to start a team from scratch from all available players I'd likely take Luck first. But that takes into consideration age, potential, my bias as being a Colts fan, and it also puts a serious priority on the QB position because it's fundamental to having a competitive team.

But right here, right now, based on actual accomplishments? Luck was about #29 in passer rating last year with a completion percentage in the "Mark Sanchez territory" and too many turnovers. You have to argue from on top of a stack of intangibles (and a strong focus on "wins" and "comebacks") just to get him in with the top 15 QBs. And if you are considering all positions without giving special weight to QBs, consider the fact that eighty-four people made the pro-bowl, but not him. Is it really so obvious that he should be the #23 player overall? Give the kid a chance to develop.

Weighing each position equal?

Brady

Brees

Manning

Ryan

Rodgers

Geno Atkins

Brandon Marshall

Reggie Wayne

Roddy White

Calvin Johnson

JJ Watt

Von Miller

Richard Sherman

Tim Jennings

Charles Tillman

Rob Gronkowski

Adrian Peterson

Marshawn Lynch

CJ Spiller

Doug Martin

Alfred Morris

Patrick Willis

Navarro Bowman

Kyle Williams

Jamaal Charles

Andre Johnson

Dez Bryant

AJ Green

Aldon Smith

Cameron Wke

Clay Matthews

Joe Thomas

Duane Brown

Eric Weddle

Jarius Byrd

ect....

I could keep going.

When you become a media giant let us know.  :monkeydance:

The irony dripping through this thread like a pass rush through our offensive line is hilarious.

A list depicting people's opinions is dissected and trashed......by people voicing their opinion.

Oh, and Flacco having a near impeccable run when it really matters being ignored is kinda funny too.

For the record, Luck's position was laughable. He was top 5 materiel.

Apples to oranges.. Reggie has been GREAT for a while now. Luck had a very average first year, but is considered to be "in" with the veteran All-Pros of the league.

Wait?    What?!?    Huh?!?!?

Which Luck are we talking about?     Murray Luck, my rookie accountant?    I'll accept that.

But Andrew Luck?    The quarterback of the Colts?    Is that the Luck you were referring to?

He was average?      On what planet was he average?

You must be new to America and American football?     Your game is soccer, or Rugby,  or Chess?

I'd say 'average' is one of the poorest adjectives one could use to describe Andrew Luck, quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts.

Not sure where that came from,  but that was an eye-popping whopper!!       :omg:

I love Luck, but it's a little soon for that high of a ranking if I was building a list. 

Then again, I'd be making mine for free with no particular interest in getting a ton of people to read it, and this a list designed to generate cash in the offseason when there's a dry spell in news. Which is why they're making one and I'm not lol. 

The irony dripping through this thread like a pass rush through our offensive line is hilarious.

A list depicting people's opinions is dissected and trashed......by people voicing their opinion.

Oh, and Flacco having a near impeccable run when it really matters being ignored is kinda funny too.

For the record, Luck's position was laughable. He was top 5 materiel.

Flacco's not in the top 20? Not surprised. The list considers 2013 too if I'm not mistaken and I don't think he will do as well as he did this year.

Wait? What?!? Huh?!?!?

Which Luck are we talking about? Murray Luck, my rookie accountant? I'll accept that.

But Andrew Luck? The quarterback of the Colts? Is that the Luck you were referring to?

He was average? On what planet was he average?

You must be new to America and American football? Your game is soccer, or Rugby, or Chess?

I'd say 'average' is one of the poorest adjectives one could use to describe Andrew Luck, quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts.

Not sure where that came from, but that was an eye-popping whopper!! :omg:

Oh trust me, I was being VERY generous when I typed that.