Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts tried out tight end Dante Rosario

Marcio James

Yes because 4 of them isnt enough already.

all camp fodder grigs is wasting his time just being honest. 

So you think Grigson is wasting his time?  I am glad you think your judgement is better than Grigson's. So far Grigson has wasted enough time to put together a rag tag team that went 11-5 last season with no head coach on the sidelines. 37 new players on the roster. All new coaching staff. Rookie QB. A less than average defense. Sorry, I think I will trust Grigson's judgement and choices over what players to evaluate over your opinion. 

I find it funny when so many use the terms camp body or camp fodder. They bring these guys in for evaluation and invite them to camp to create competition. While most of the time these guys aren't creating competition for #1 or #2 on the depth chart, there is indeed competition for those 3rd, 4th, or even 5th spots. You bring in as many as you can, whether it be a guy you think just needs some coaching or maybe a new environment and you pick the best of them. Because when it's all said and done, you only get 53 to bring to battle. And you want the best 53 you can get.

I wonder if this is any indication of how prevalent 2 TE sets are going to be in Peps offense. I am thinking we are going to see it a lot.

Yep...probably why they are looking at additional/replacement TEs.

Also, Dwayne Allen may be in line for a lot more HB/FB work, so they need more TEs.

All this TE look and see does NOT make for a high comfort level concerning Jacoby Fleener...the guy is known to be mediocre at blocking...if Pep requires his TEs to be solid blockers for the running game, Fleener could be seeing more time on the sidelines.

Fleener has made a living all his career as a receiving TE only. Dwayne Allen can both block and catch in traffic better than Fleener.

Cunningham is known for his solid blocking and has surprised many by his catching ability as well...he may just be a better combination blocker/receiver than Fleener...time will tell.

As for Saunders, he is block only and catch occasionally.  Dom Jones is a mediocre blocker and mediocre receiver and prefers receiving...he is not staying.

So, when all is said and done, we probably have 2 TEs who can do what is required by Pep's playbook...Allen and Cunningham.

So, Grigson is looking at TEs who can BLOCK consistently and receive consistently.

All this TE look and see does NOT make for a high comfort level concerning Jacoby Fleener...the guy is known to be mediocre at blocking...if Pep requires his TEs to be solid blockers for the running game, Fleener could be seeing more time on the sidelines.

Fleener has made a living all his career as a receiving TE only. Dwayne Allen can both block and catch in traffic better than Fleener.

Cunningham is known for his solid blocking and has surprised many by his catching ability as well...he may just be a better combination blocker/receiver than Fleener...time will tell.

As for Saunders, he is block only and catch occasionally.  Dom Jones is a mediocre blocker and mediocre receiver and prefers receiving...he is not staying.

So, when all is said and done, we probably have 2 TEs who can do what is required by Pep's playbook...Allen and Cunningham.

So, Grigson is looking at TEs who can BLOCK consistently and receive consistently.

Fleener's blocking at the end of the season was pretty darn good. Not as good as Allen's, but pretty good nonetheless.

Careful, if you reach any further you might dislocate something.

What's the matter?  not what you want to hear?  that we may have wasted our high #2 pick last year on an average talent.

Yeah, that's it. The not reality of your post just blew my mind.

We bring in 3 no name/garbage men TEs and you come up with some bogus idea that it's because Fleener is underwhelming. It's laughable, really.

Just because Allen came out of the gates like a mad man and outperformed Fleener as a rookie does not automatically make Fleener a zero.

Not to mention (what people say before they mention something) Fleener thrived in Pep's system in college and blocked pretty well last year.

Is it possible that Fleener doesn't live up to expectations? Absolutely, but I think your premise is absolutely ridiculous.

So you think Grigson is wasting his time?  I am glad you think your judgement is better than Grigson's. So far Grigson has wasted enough time to put together a rag tag team that went 11-5 last season with no head coach on the sidelines. 37 new players on the roster. All new coaching staff. Rookie QB. A less than average defense. Sorry, I think I will trust Grigson's judgement and choices over what players to evaluate over your opinion. 

Yeah, you are right...Grigson is seriously looking for another TE for the team.

Yeah, that's it. The not reality of your post just blew my mind.

We bring in 3 no name/garbage men TEs and you come up with some bogus idea that it's because Fleener is underwhelming. It's laughable, really.

Just because Allen came out of the gates like a mad man and outperformed Fleener as a rookie does not automatically make Fleener a zero.

Not to mention (what people say before they mention something) Fleener thrived in Pep's system in college and blocked pretty well last year.

Is it possible that Fleener doesn't live up to expectations? Absolutely, but I think your premise is absolutely ridiculous.

Everyone is entitled to their OPINION.....and that's all your's is too, an OPINION!

Fleener was a rookie last season. He was also injured some. There are very few rookie players who come in and make a sudden impact playing with the pros. Fleener's blocking got better at the end of the season. Give our coaches some credit as they will coach Fleener up. He is also working on his strength and technique with the TE coach Alfredo Roberts. Not meaning to nit pick but his name is Coby not Jacoby. 

Fleener was a rookie last season. He was also injured some. There are very few rookie players who come in and make a sudden impact playing with the pros. Fleener's blocking got better at the end of the season. Give our coaches some credit as they will coach Fleener up. He is also working on his strength and technique with the TE coach Alfredo Roberts. Not meaning to nit pick but his name is Coby not Jacoby. 

I stand corrected in Coby's first name. He dropped the Ja off of Jacoby and now calls himself Coby.