Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So apparently our biggest draft needs WERE OLB & OLine

HarassedOffTheSite

...and NOT CB. ;)

Oh boy. You're funny.

Just to be sure, I always agreed that pass rusher and offensive line were our biggest needs. I just thought that Rhodes would be the best player available if he lasted to #24. I defer to Grigson's better judgment, and obviously yours as well. Kind of disappointed because I think Rhodes is gonna be a prime player, but I'm embracing Werner and his potential impact. 

Still not a cornerbackite. ;)

The Werner pick caught me off guard, watched a good amount of tape on him but never considered it for our pick. I love the guy now, the more tape I watch on him and the more I see him I just love the guy. Excellent attitude, family guy, and his ceiling is high, he's only been playing for 5 years.

IMO, this has been an excellent draft  for the most pressing needs of the team.  Delighted with both selections.  :thmup:

If your happy with both selections - then you were going to be regardless then. Its not like we were gonna draft a K & a FB. Of course we were gonna draft needs.

Unlike KC. Now thats a mad fan base. 

Just to be sure, I always agreed that pass rusher and offensive line were our biggest needs. I just thought that Rhodes would be the best player available if he lasted to #24.

I've just never understood how folks could know our needs were Oline & OLB yet want to talk about CBs.

That's some cornerbackite behavior.

Never has and never will make sense. ;)

I've just never understood how folks could know our needs were Oline & OLB yet want to talk about CBs.

That's some cornerbackite behavior.

Never has and never will make sense. ;)

thought they were called "cornerphiles"... I think we need a C or depth at S in the 4th, but there are some quality WRs, RBs available as well...

Maybe. I'd rather have Jones, especially from a versatility standpoint. But landing Mayock's highest rated Center would be a homerun. He's got the physical attributes needed to play man anyway. He'd do just fine.

Maybe he would be fine, But Jones gets caught looking at the action going on around him sometimes after making a block on his man instead of looking for the next defensive player to block but what really makes Barret so good is he understands angles when it comes to blocking, he is not a mauler nor overly strong, Given that we will tie in some Zone Blocking in with our Man Blocking this year I dont think it would have been a big deal if we took him or (for example the guy who was 1st on my list in round 3 before he was taken) Brian Winters. Personally I would have liked Winters over Jones and Thornton....I also see Thornton as being a project......who I would not be surprised is not the starter from day 1 which given that he was a 3rd round pick thats not a problem, I would have traded up in the 3rd for Winters even if that meant losing our 4th (of course maybe Grigson tried to, we really have no way of knowing unless he says that)

Why would it be CB?  Pass rushers are far more valuable.  A great CB can take away one receiver; cool, the QB still has four other options.  When a pass rusher gets to the QB, he takes away all options.  Kill the head and the body will die.  Not to mention CBs have virtually no effect on stopping the run.  Werner may never be the pure pass rusher that Dwight was, but he is a lot better at stopping the run.

Maybe he would be fine, But Jones gets caught looking at the action going on around him sometimes after making a block on his man instead of looking for the next defensive player to block but what really makes Barret so good is he understands angles when it comes to blocking, he is not a mauler nor overly strong, Given that we will tie in some Zone Blocking in with our Man Blocking this year I dont think it would have been a big deal if we took him or (for example the guy who was 1st on my list in round 3 before he was taken) Brian Winters. Personally I would have liked Winters over Jones and Thornton....I also see Thornton as being a project......who I would not be surprised is not the starter from day 1 which given that he was a 3rd round pick thats not a problem, I would have traded up in the 3rd for Winters even if that meant losing our 4th (of course maybe Grigson tried to, we really have no way of knowing unless he says that)

I was talking about Schwenke.

Why would it be CB? Pass rushers are far more valuable. A great CB can take away one receiver; cool, the QB still has four other options. When a pass rusher gets to the QB, he takes away all options. Kill the head and the body will die.

WOOOOO you'll smoke a turd in he¦¦ for saying that to a cornerbackite.

So what your saying is that they had him as BPA?

I don't believe that because he said that they were thinking about trading up but decided not too because it would cost too much(I posted his quote somewhere on here), doubt they would've traded up for Thorton. They had somebody else in mind if they would've traded up

I was talking about Schwenke.

extremely quick off the snap, Not a real strong hand punch nor is he a mauler , gets down the field fast and looks for linebackers and other defensive players to hit, sometimes gets overextended, Rather of traded up for Winters

I don't believe that because he said that they were thinking about trading up but decided not too because it would cost too much(I posted his quote somewhere on here), doubt they would've traded up for Thorton. They had somebody else in mind if they would've traded up

Well I meant he was BPA when they picked according to them. My guess is they wanted Keenan Allen in a trade up though

Tony Jefferson might be a good pickup in the 4th round if he falls to us. I'd like to establish some quality depth at the S position considering Landry's style of play is an injury waiting to happen. Baccari Rambo is interesting as well.

I would have said CB/RG first than LB.

I am pleasantly happy about reading up on both Werner and Thornton.

I would still like to grab a CB for depth. Other than that, I haven't found any other needs. Maybe a RB or WR late.

don't worry. It's almost guaranteed that one of our four remaining picks is corner. 

Well I meant he was BPA when they picked according to them. My guess is they wanted Keenan Allen in a trade up though

They actually were discussing trading into 2nd round:

#Colts never really considered trading up. Didn't want to mortgage the remainder of draft to move into second round.