Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts host Margus Hunt

Everyone

Would like to get him in the 3rd if there(not a starter from day 1 but I'd love him to start given a year maybe 2 at the most), He is raw but had some good production and has brute strength. I think someone reaches for him but it could pay off earlier then I expect. I might trade down for him and grab him in the 2nd although trading down(while not starting him but making sure he is in the rotation more then most other D Linemen to give him plenty of reps and experience), Brandon Jenkins is in the running for me in the 2nd. Age is a factor to

Would like to get him in the 3rd if there(not a starter from day 1 but I'd love him to start given a year maybe 2 at the most), He is raw but had some good production and has brute strength. I think someone reaches for him but it could pay off earlier then I expect. I might trade down for him and grab him in the 2nd although trading down(while not starting him but making sure he is in the rotation more then most other D Linemen to give him plenty of reps and experience), Brandon Jenkins is in the running for me in the 2nd. Age is a factor to

Won't he be 28 by the time we've given him 2 years?

I wouldn't trade back for him either. I'd probably take him in the third in certain circumstances.

Won't he be 28 by the time we've given him 2 years?

I wouldn't trade back for him either. I'd probably take him in the third in certain circumstances.

Actually I think he might be turning 26 in July according to his wikipedia page so that would put him at 28 by the time his 3rd year rolls around, still tempting in a trade down for me

Actually I think he might be turning 26 in July according to his wikipedia page so that would put him at 28 by the time his 3rd year rolls around, still tempting in a trade down for me

If we traded down for a couple of 2nds then I wouldnt be to disappointed if we took him with the later pick. Similarly, I wouldn't mind if we traded back for 2nd and a 3rd and took him in the 3rd.

I'm not big on him though. There's other DEs that I'd prefer.

If we traded down for a couple of 2nds then I wouldnt be to disappointed if we took him with the later pick. Similarly, I wouldn't mind if we traded back for 2nd and a 3rd and took him in the 3rd.

I'm not big on him though. There's other DEs that I'd prefer.

Me to

Would be great if we can trade back and get him in the 2nd. Could care less if he's 26 Justin Smith has changed the entire 49ers defense and he was 28 when he signed there, 33 now and still playing at a high level. I would rather have 7 to 8 10 + sack years from Hunt then to draft a guard wth the 1st pick.

I believe he will slide quite a bit and possibly be there in late round 2

To me, he is too old........ Not productive enough in college,

He will probably take 2-3 years to get into his prime....... Way too late

Some here would be putting him in the grave if he was a RB or QB.....but he is Margus....the Magnificent....who does not even have a clear NFL position....at SMU he roamed...just as the Romans do.... :spit:

NFL_COMBINE_FOOTBALL_29839619.JPG

Just a duck beard away from greatness!!! :funny:  :funny:

1681740-poster-1280-duck-dynasty-duck-ca

If Grigs sticks by the "I'd rather draft football players than workout warriors" mantra then Margus won't be coming here, especially at 24.

However....... If a shot put contest broke out at halftime we would be set !!!!!

You can NEVER have enough shot putters on an NFL team, I always say............

Some here would be putting him in the grave if he was a RB or QB.....but he is Margus....the Magnificent....who does not even have a clear NFL position....at SMU he roamed...just as the Romans do.... :spit:

NFL_COMBINE_FOOTBALL_29839619.JPG

Just a duck beard away from greatness!!! :funny:  :funny:

1681740-poster-1280-duck-dynasty-duck-ca

I about spit out my coffee

However....... If a shot put contest broke out at halftime we would be set !!!!!

You can NEVER have enough shot putters on an NFL team, I always say............

Looks like a mean javelin fella too.....

I know he will be a tough guy to hold in time...we do not need to wait as you said before....

Just having some forum fun for those wanting him...:)

My mom is 76....,,,,,

She has a mean spin move.......

Deano...Grigs had her rated a little higher than Sidbury in FA.....

There was no was her team was not going to resign her.....WOW!  She is incredible!! haha   I bet she makes a mean  :pie: too!!!!!  :)

old-people-dancing.jpg

My mom was rated 33 in the last draft publication I saw.

She has good hand punch, but they had issues with her 40 time and broad jump....

She did 73 reps on the bench press though, and led the combine.....

I am waiting for Shipp to write a post on her.......

All sillyness aside, if you watch Margus, he looks like king kong one play and Jane the next.

He was a decent college football player.....

There are PLENTY of college football players that were great in college that played at a higher level than him.

Why would you rate him a first round pick?

Because he is tall?

He is NOT NFL ready, he is a risk, that to me doesnt make him our pick

All sillyness aside, if you watch Margus, he looks like king kong one play and Jane the next.

He was a decent college football player.....

There are PLENTY of college football players that were great in college that played at a higher level than him.

Why would you rate him a first round pick?

Because he is tall?

He is NOT NFL ready, he is a risk, that to me doesnt make him our pick

I really should not say this because I have had so much good-natured slamming on him, but I feel if he WAS on the Colts, this group of coaches would find the best place for him....even if he was the disguise....a roamer so to speak in blitz packages.  

He will be good....in the right scheme and right organization.  At the right pick...here....

He doesn't have the loose hips to play a 3-4 OLB but he could play 5 and 3 tech tech DE in a 3-4 (SMU look to be in a 3 down alignment plenty where he was playing the 5 tech and the 3. I wouldn't read to much into coaches working him out though. Not worth our first round pick, For all we know coaches may be putting him through Linebacker drills

I like Hunt. I live in Fresno and against Fresno St. in the bowl game this year he absolutely KILLED the Bulldogs by himself. He was by far the reason we lost the game!! He was absolutely the reason we lost without a doubt. To strong to big and long to quick we couldn't block him with 2 or 3 guys at times he was just awesome!! Carr had no time at all to drop back and set his feet to throw he changed Fresno's game plan by himself because he was unstoppable with his pass rush the whole game. It was quite the show for sure.

I could see him being a jj watt type. Little older at 25, but still has lot if room for growing with his size, speed and strength. At 6'8 277 benching 38 times is pretty damn impressive. And runs a 4.6? You kidding me? Going to be an interesting draft that's for sure!!