Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Colts interrested in Brandon Lloyd

HungarianColtsFan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel like Lloyd is getting mischaracterized a bit in this thread.  I don't know that I'd call him a possession receiver, he's more of a spectacular catch kind of guy.  He's not incredibly reliable like a possession receiver ought to be or the best athlete around but he's deceptively fast for what he is and he has hands like glue in instances where you wouldn't expect most receivers to have a shot to reel the ball in.  He'll definitely make big plays for you if you give him the opportunity.  Bit of a perplexing character, honestly, but very talented on the whole.

Very surprised only this hasn't been mentioned more...

The only issue I have is how many teams he has played for in 10 years. Usually there is a reason for that. Not to say that is always the case, but teams like to hang on to good chemistry players when they have a chance.

6 teams in 10 years:

San Fran 2003-2005

Washington 2006-2007

Chicago 2008

Denver 2009-2011

St Louis 2011

New England 2012

He's also a complete headcase.  Not NEARLY as much now as he was before McDaniels gave him a shot in 2009 but he's still said to be pretty standoffish and somewhat unfocused for a player of his caliber.

He'd be a great pickup if your coaching staff and locker room can handle him.  If not he won't be around very long.  He's not quite TO-level poisonous but he wouldn't be a great influence on the guys around him.

It would probably be best if the Colts just walk away from this one.  Besides, I think they are focused on the draft.  I'm hearing that next years draft is a better draft for WRs.  I wouldn't be too disappointed if they don't pick up a WR in this draft either.  I don't see the panic that everyone else is seeing with the Colts WR corps.  Im thinking that the Defense and Oline are the focus.  The Colts are supposed to have pretty good spending money next off season as well.  Everything can't be fixed at once.

I hope not. He's too old and hasn't been very good wherever he's been. Plus he'll be costly. I would rather them wait til the draft, but if they are set on adding a WR, I would rather it be Laurent Robinson, or Mohamed Massaquoi. Both are a lot younger than Lloyd and will be much cheaper.

Exactly....too old..too expensive..this is unlikely

Stay young......stick with the plan..

Southwest, is that you hiding in that avatar brother.....? haha  :lol:  :spit:  lmao  :lol: And here I though Incognito played for the Dolphins! very-funny.gif

I see you ditched the Colts hat for.......what???  I am going to change mine so you won't know me too SW......

hairy.gif

Sorry, I am not the "Southwest" you seek. 

I agree. To me, it's a little bit frustrating that we showed practically 0 interest in any of the desirable WR candidates at the beginning of FA, but are now pretending like we are looking at every scrap left for the sole purpose of acting like we need a WR and leaving no stone unturned. At this point, if it's not DHB just stop looking. We don't need any of these bottom of the barrel wide outs. Draft a prospect and move on.

Smokescreen for the draft? Could it be possible Grigs has his eyes on another position in the first round and is trying to throw other teams off the scent? Just food for thought. Pair this with Irsay's "whopper" tweet and I'm pretty sure the whole league is assuming we are taking WR first round.

I think the Feisty one Pagano would make him feel at home...or set him straight  :spit: ....Did he have any issues last year with BB and the boys?  I did not hear of any myself....but I try not to follow the arch enemy of Colts Nation!!! :)

I found the post

A team source tells the Boston Globe that Brandon Lloyd's "erratic behavior in the locker room and on the practice field" bothered the Patriots last season.

According to the Globe's Greg A. Bedard, the odds are "against" the Patriots exercising Lloyd's $3 million option bonus. It's not the first time Lloyd's behavior has been called into question, as a Broncos source told the Globe last March that Lloyd "wasn’t a good teammate," and there were times "people in the building thought he may be bipolar." Cutting Lloyd would clear $4.9 million in cap space, but leave behind $2 million in dead money.
Source: Boston Globe

Feb 26 - 4:05 PM

Seems like this would be a stop gap move by the Colts if they make it. They clearly want a proven number two WR and not a young guy.

Here's some other FA WR options, bolded ones are intriguing to me, some less so than others.

Early Doucet – ARI
David Nelson – BUF
Mohamed Massaquoi – CLE
Anthony Armstrong – DAL
Kevin Walter – HOU
Laurent Robinson -JAC
Steve Breaston – KC
Jabar Gaffney – MIA
Devin Aromashodu – MIN
Deion Branch – NE
Julian Edelman – NE
Greg Camarillo – NO
Devery Henderson – NO
Ramses Barden – NYG
Domenik Hixon – NYG
Seyi Ajirotutu – SD
Ben Obomanu – SEA
Steve Smith – STL
Roscoe Parrish – TB
Lee Evans – FA
Mike Sims-Walker – FA
Legedu Naanee – FA

Here's some other FA WR options, bolded ones are intriguing to me, some less so than others.

Early Doucet – ARI

David Nelson – BUF

Mohamed Massaquoi – CLE

Anthony Armstrong – DAL

Kevin Walter – HOU

Laurent Robinson -JAC

Steve Breaston – KC

Jabar Gaffney – MIA

Devin Aromashodu – MIN

Deion Branch – NE

Julian Edelman – NE

Greg Camarillo – NO

Devery Henderson – NO

Ramses Barden – NYG

Domenik Hixon – NYG

Seyi Ajirotutu – SD

Ben Obomanu – SEA

Steve Smith – STL

Roscoe Parrish – TB

Lee Evans – FA

Mike Sims-Walker – FA

Legedu Naanee – FA

Doucet, massaquoi, aromashodu, and gaffney are the only possibles imo

Doucet, massaquoi, aromashodu, and gaffney are the only possibles imo

Like others I am intrigued by Ramses Barden for his size and potential. Hixon fits the Avery role we've been looking to fill perfectly, but injuries have been an issue. I would also say Legedu Naanee, Laurent Robinson, and Seyi Ajirotutu could be worth a look for the right price.

Southwest, is that you hiding in that avatar brother.....? haha  :lol:  :spit:  lmao  :lol: And here I though Incognito played for the Dolphins! very-funny.gif

I see you ditched the Colts hat for.......what???  I am going to change mine so you won't know me too SW......

hairy.gif

Uh Brent...I don't think that's SW lol.

The reason I wear a hat Brent, other than to support my favorite team, is to support my favorite football team is to hide my receding hair line man. My other brother QuizBoy is right. That's not me man. I wish I had a mop like that.  haha I do like FlyLikeTY Marx Brothers wax moustache, shades, & Hi Hoe Kermit the Frog cap though. :thmup:   I'm goofy enough to pull that look off. Cap nip for the ladies man...Cap nip for the ladies.  :lol: I'll have to fight off all the sweet young things with a stick...Just Kidding!!!

The reason I wear a hat Brent, other than to support my favorite team, is to support my favorite football team is to hide my receding hair line man. My other brother QuizBoy is right. That's not me man. I wish I had a mop like that.  haha I do like FlyLikeTY Marx Brothers wax moustache, shades, & Hi Hoe Kermit the Frog cap though. :thmup:   I'm goofy enough to pull that look off. Cap nip for the ladies man...Cap nip for the ladies.  :lol: I'll have to fight off all the sweet young things with a stick...Just Kidding!!!

You guys do look alike though! haha you gotta represent though, I wear my Gator hat almost everytime I take a picture, especially if the hair is not up to standard that day haha

Sorry, I am not the "Southwest" you seek. 

It's alright my good man. I am the SW1 BrentMc11 & QuizBoy were referring to. You seem like a nice fella sir. Thanks for playing along & putting up with my friends innocent sarcasm. Kudos to you FlyLikeTV. Bravo! 

I love your avatar by the way!  :hat:

You guys do look alike though! haha you gotta represent though, I wear my Gator hat almost everytime I take a picture, especially if the hair is not up to standard that day haha

Yeah, there is definitely a resemble there. No doubt about it. Everybody's got a twin somewhere right? Yup, hats are great for that: Forget it, I'm not combing my hair today. Women have bandanas & wigs & guys have hats. 

Maybe I should be grateful that I don't have think beehive hair. I couldn't exactly pull that style off...The Towering Skyscraper look...Nope, I don't think so.  :spit:

bri-beehive-hair-style.jpg

Okay, HCF, the blogger who created this topic is a friend of mine, I don't want to make a complete mockery of his topic. What was it again? Oh yeah, Brandon Lloyd...Do we need him? Not really? Like CF4L said if NE cut him loose, why do we want him? Okay, maybe NE didn't want to pay him. I still think we have enough veteran leadership on the team to be perfectly fine without him. I don't hate the man. He's talented enough & can still produce in this league. I just see no need for him in INDY at all. 

To quote CF4L "Lloyd "wasn’t a good teammate," and there were times "people in the building thought he may be bipolar." Maybe both he & Nnamdi Asomugha can get on the same NFL roster & eat lunch together separately in their cars side by side. Just Kidding!!! Although with the proper medication & treatment, bipolar disorder can be managed quite effectively. 

I must say that Blue Shoe makes a very good point: "The only issue I have is how many teams he has played for in 10 years. Usually there is a reason for that. Not to say that is always the case, but teams like to hang on to good chemistry players when they have a chance." 

That does seem to be a lot of short term NFL jumping from squad to squad. Why can't he find a permanent NFL home? At least, a home lasting 3 years or so. Is he really as bad as Terrell Owens in terms of a locker room cancer RGIII? I'm not doubting your conclusions. I'm just surprised that I've never heard of these concerns before until now. That's all. How did fans in NE view Lloyd? An asset? A liability? A mentally distracted player? I don't know. I'm asking...

But...It's too easy to label someone a basket case, cut him loose, & then throw them away like discarded food...I grew up with both a learning disability & a physical disability & I know all about educated mo rons who just think you are either too dumb to learn or too much of a hassle to deal with simply because you are odd, different, & unconventional.  

Smokescreen for the draft? Could it be possible Grigs has his eyes on another position in the first round and is trying to throw other teams off the scent? Just food for thought. Pair this with Irsay's "whopper" tweet and I'm pretty sure the whole league is assuming we are taking WR first round.

That is certainly possible. I'm assuming Grigs will go BPA though, so nothing will surprise me.

I'm affraid we've already missed "pillar" players and "woppers" so we can only browse the leftover.

To be honest, I'm starting to think that we will sign an FA to the D-line and will draft a WR. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah Lloyd is not one of those guys.

I agree with the WR, but I think we are done for now on the FA path.

I dont mind this signing, A veteran like Lloyd would show young guys like Brazil and Hilton route running techniques and leadership imo this move would suite us, and I dont think it would cost that much.  I would be happy with a 2 year deal. 

Wr Veteran? We have Wayne for that. I cannot imagine what Lloyd could tell these guys that Reggie could not....

I had some fun with that brother...:)  I knew you would laugh!!

If it's Lloyd we're talking about, I'd simply prefer we either:

A) Draft someone early

B) Give Brazill a chance to grab a key role and draft a promising guy later.

Brazill did show some sticky hands last year, so I'd like think he's ready for his chance.  I still like many of the early prospects, but the idea of a long, fast guy like Hunter (I believe) is also intriguing.

If they did bring Lloyd in, I would say it was not a great move, but an alright one.  He's gotta be a step up on Avery, but I just feel like we'd be better off developing a young guy (be it Brazill or a draft pick) to stick around for the next 5-10 years (hopefully).

It's alright my good man. I am the SW1 BrentMc11 & QuizBoy were referring to. You seem like a nice fella sir. Thanks for playing along & putting up with my friends innocent sarcasm. Kudos to you FlyLikeTV. Bravo! 

I love your avatar by the way!  :hat:

I can appreciate good humor. Makes the work day go by much faster. I would have responded sooner but it appears there is some sort of "probationary" period for rookies. 

I am nothing more than camp fodder trying to work my way on to the 53 man roster. Hopefully, I can turn some mod's heads, in a positive fashion, obviously...

Anyways, I look forward to being a part of this forum, living in Browns/Bengals country is rough and no one wants to hear me speak of the Colts.

P.S. - Do to this "probation" this will be my lone post of the day. I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend. God bless!

-FlyLikeTY