Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Curse You Jim Irsay.

Dark Superman

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 24, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, March 24, 2013 - personal shot

First of all, you have no idea whether the deal died or not.

Secondly, the fact that he was tweeting hints in the first place was inappropriate, unprofessional and self-destructive. It you want to take issue with that, go ahead. Taking issue with the fact that he didn't extend it to an even more absurd level makes no sense. He isn't your buddy texting you his opinions, he's the owner of the freaking team. Every word he says has consequences for the organization, and NOTHING good was ever going to come of any of this. What would you like him to do, say "we were trying to sign _____ for ______, but he wanted ____________, and Grigson didn't think he was even close to being worth it. Now the _________ and the __________ are fighting over him - losers."

So now you've angered the player, his agent, and executives at two teams, while making EVERY other player, agent, and executive in the league so wary of dealing with you that Grigson never completes another trade or FA signing for the duration of his time here. Perhaps the team gets sued or fined in the process. But at least your curiosity got satisfied, that's the important thing.

My take on Irsays tweets are he's as bored & clueless as most here on these boards & that his tweets are just one step up from our opinions .

I believe his involvement is minimal - He made the Peyton Manning decision but IMO Ryan Grigson & his staff have made the rest Grigson is the man with the vision & I hope based on prior experience Jim Irsay realizes he needs to let the GM build the Monster .

Owners anger people Irsays dad was pretty good at it his interference cost the Colts John Elway , IMO Irsay if he has never learned anything he learned that he is no GM - Bill Polian & Ryan Grigson as GM's have the respect of other football people exec's & agents & thats who will make deals that effect the Colts . The Tweets & these boards are going thru the off season where a tweet by a drunk who's probably wearing a lampshade sends bored news starved fans to a thread about nothing that turned into a mega thread  About nothing, No closer to the truth after 70 pages then in the OP . A feeding Frenzy . Very funny IMO .

Still talking about the tweet :headspin:  :goodluck: Its gonna be a long off season .

Someone tell me I am not the only one......I see it on this thread, and around the net.....Irsay tweeted the word "wopper" not "whopper" ........Whopper is a big thing....wopper....as in "wopper jawed" is coming at something from a unique or unexpected angle......Now it could have been a twitter dictated thing that caused him to leave out the "H" or poor spelling on his part......but he can be so purposeful with his words, with interpretation literal or philisophical.....Its hard to overlook the possibility that it could have been on purpose.....I just haven't seen anyone address this point.

Are you kidding me!!!! We had 10+ winning seasons because we sucked so bad 12 or 13 years ago that we had the #1 pick and got Manning and then still sucked and got the #4 pick the next year and got Edge. That had nothing to do with Irsay but everything to do with where we picked. We were incredibly fortunate to get Manning and then Edge, now we have Luck which once again has nothing to do with Irsay.

Lemme clue you in.

When you're the owner of a very successful business, you get lots and lots of credit. 

Someone tell me I am not the only one......I see it on this thread, and around the net.....Irsay tweeted the word "wopper" not "whopper" ........Whopper is a big thing....wopper....as in "wopper jawed" is coming at something from a unique or unexpected angle......Now it could have been a twitter dictated thing that caused him to leave out the "H" or poor spelling on his part......but he can be so purposeful with his words, with interpretation literal or philisophical.....Its hard to overlook the possibility that it could have been on purpose.....I just haven't seen anyone address this point.

"Wopper" isn't a word....AT ALL. 

Like...as in....not a word. Not in the dictionary. It's not part of the English American lexicon at all.

Whopperjawed 

I know the talk and all the tweeting hype out a new wide receiver is as old as a rotten can of tomatoes, but what bothers me the most that after th deal died, Irsay couldn't at least inform the fan base on WHO he was targeting? I mean come on man! What a way to leave us in the dark.. I at least wanted to know what kind of player he was searching for.

But I'll give you my opinion.. On who I think it may have been..

A Boat? A Whopper? Hmm..

I'm think of a Dolphin and a guy who KILLS Indianapolis when we play..

BRANDON MARSHALL..

Is the deal officially dead?

Coltsblueball quote: We're lucky to have him as our team owner. It could be a guy like in Dallas after all.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's the truth for sure.....

Very lucky for fans in that way.....

Go Colts!!!!!

Go Grigson!!!!!

Jimmy just has trouble with Twitter. 

Sometimes he just cannot keep his compulsive Tweety Bird trap shut...and most times it is harmful to the deal going down...sometimes it doesn't matter...but it never helps.

Jimmy just has to learn to keep his compulsive Twitter Finger off his text device when deals are not final, final, final.

Sometimes he just cannot keep his compulsive Tweety Bird trap shut...and most times it is harmful to the deal going down...sometimes it doesn't matter...but it never helps.

Jimmy just has to learn to keep his compulsive Twitter Finger off his text device when deals are not final, final, final.

How do you know it has prevented a deal from getting done?  No has ever come out and said that a deal the Colts were trying to do feel apart because of him tweeting.  Till there is some proof to back it up that seems like an opinion at this point. 

How do you know it has prevented a deal from getting done?  No has ever come out and said that a deal the Colts were trying to do feel apart because of him tweeting.  Till there is some proof to back it up that seems like an opinion at this point. 

Sorry...it IS absolutely only an opinion...as is so much that is posted here.

The deal probably would have fallen thru anyway...but I just don't see how Irsay's tweeting can help during the negotiations...and they could very well hurt...the other team might ask for more...the 'noise' generated might pull more teams into the bidding...I just don't see how it EVER helps.

Sorry...it IS absolutely only an opinion...as is so much that is posted here.

The deal probably would have fallen thru anyway...but I just don't see how Irsay's tweeting can help during the negotiations...and they could very well hurt...the other team might ask for more...the 'noise' generated might pull more teams into the bidding...I just don't see how it EVER helps.

I don't think he's tweeting out key information.  In fact I think he's only letting out exactly what he wants out.  Case in point it's been almost a week since Irsay said the Colts were going after a WR.  It till Wednesday for the media to figure out it was a free agent and not a trade and that was only after Irsay told the star that and the media has still yet to figure out who the player is.

I think his tweeting gets over blown at times and till something happens on a tweet that honestly hurts us I am personally not going to worry about it.  If others want too that's their choice.

I also look at it this way.  For years fans complained about Polian being too tight lipped about things.  Now Irsay is being open and people still get upset.  Just proof not matter what you do you can't win sometimes with fans. 

Someone let me know if they read this.

I read it. I found it well thought out, comfortably phrased, and to the point. I concur wholeheartedly with the concepts and examples that the poster provided.

"Now it's up to us as fans to be able to handle our expectations and understand just because it doesn't happen right away or our definition of a big name player isn't reason to go off on Irsay.  We control our own emotions, not Jim Irsay.  Always remember that.  He can only get you as excited or worked up about something as you let him."

Truer words have seldom been posted here. People hook up with drama because of a need to hook up with drama.

I think our owner is really great at what he does. He's not "old school, look down my nose at you" money, he's not "I own a team as my hobby, but my attention is elsewhere" money, he's not "I have such an ego I have to get on the sideline during games and interfere" money, he's not I am going to keep doing the same things over and over to get back to glory days" money....

He is accessible, involved, supportive, passionate, generous, and he shares with us fans like friends.

No, I am not trying to change anyone's mind. Frankly, I'm getting a bit selfish in my old age. I am quite happy enjoying the owner of the Colts, wearing blue shades, drinking TKnight85's apple juice while channeling my Ravi Shankar.

I think our owner is really great at what he does. He's not "old school, look down my nose at you" money, he's not "I own a team as my hobbie, but my attention is elsewhere" money, he's not "I have such an ego I have to get on the sideline during games and interfere" money, he's not I am going to keep doing the same things over and over to get back to glory days" money....

He is accessible, involved, supportive, passionate, generous, and he shares with us fans like friends.

No, I am not trying to change anyone's mind. Frankly, I'm getting a bit selfish in my old age. I am quite happy enjoying the owner of the Colts, wearing blue shades, drinking TKnight85's apple juice while channeling my Ravi Shankar.

Well said WH! Right on point too.  :thmup:  Hey TK85, I'm just curious do they make a special Noel flavored apple juice for Christmas? I need to know what to send you on Dec.25th buddy.  ;)  Just Kidding!  haha

I read it. I found it well thought out, comfortably phrased, and to the point. I concur wholeheartedly with the concepts and examples that the poster provided.

"Now it's up to us as fans to be able to handle our expectations and understand just because it doesn't happen right away or our definition of a big name player isn't reason to go off on Irsay.  We control our own emotions, not Jim Irsay.  Always remember that.  He can only get you as excited or worked up about something as you let him."

Truer words have seldom been posted here. People hook up with drama because of a need to hook up with drama.

Thanks Warhorse!

Well said WH! Right on point too.  :thmup:  Hey TK85, I'm just curious do they make a special Noel flavored apple juice for Christmas? I need to know what to send you on Dec.25th buddy.  ;)  Just Kidding!  haha

Then again, I don't want the US Post Office thinking that I am mailing you some hazardous liquid or something either. Perhaps, a gift card to a store that carries you preferred apple juice would be a better route to go here. SW1 The Apple Juice Bandit? :D  No, not a good idea...

The only people who have a problem with Jim's twitters are the one who take it way too serious.