Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed 5 days ago was the first day of free agentcy. Maybe more the reason it might be Cruz. Because he is a RFA, but none the less a FA

Cruz hasn't had an agent though, so I actually think the 'working on this for five days' thing points to someone other than Cruz.  Five days fits RFAs, but Cruz won't have an agent until tomorrow, so nobody was likely negotiating with him this week. 

http://www.giants101.com/2013/03/17/nfl-rumors-new-york-giants-indianapolis-colts-working-on-sign-and-trade-for-victor-cruz/

Cruz hasn't had an agent though, so I actually think the 'working on this for five days' thing points to someone other than Cruz.  Five days fits RFAs, but Cruz won't have an agent until tomorrow, so nobody was likely negotiating with him this week. 

http://www.giants101.com/2013/03/17/nfl-rumors-new-york-giants-indianapolis-colts-working-on-sign-and-trade-for-victor-cruz/

ugggghhh waiting sucks! But if Cruz works out like Vontae it will be worth it 

Again the last time Irsay was talking a trade on twitter the deal took close to a week and half to two weeks after he first brought it up on twitter for the deal to happen.  Let's just wait and see what happens.  I know it's not easy to do but a little patience here isn't a bad thing.

Victor Cruz for the 24th overall pick is a great deal! We get our next primary receiver and he will be able to continue our history of legendary receivers...Plus the Seahawks gave up the 25th and two other picks for P. Harvin along with a heavy contract.. Cruz would not only be cheaper but he would also only cost one pick and he would be worth it cause he is proven and young.

Out of the 2 most prominent names popping up, Cruz or Fitz, I would rather it be Cruz. I know I'll be in the minority but Fitz's contract is absurd and he'll be 30 in August. I don't want to sacrifice future for a 30 yr. old WR, I don't care how good he is.

For the record I don't want Cruz either.

Out of the 2 most prominent names popping up, Cruz or Fitz, I would rather it be Cruz. I know I'll be in the minority but Fitz's contract is absurd and he'll be 30 in August. I don't want to sacrifice future for a 30 yr. old WR, I don't care how good he is.

For the record I don't want Cruz either.

Are there any "legit" reports linking us to Fitz?  From what I have seen Fitz seems to just be on most people's wish list.  I still don't understand the logic behind the Cardinals being willing to trade Fitz either.  He is pretty much the only face of the Cardinals franchise they have and he seems exactly the kind of WR Arians would love for his offense and they seem to be going with journeymen QBs which tells me they are planning on having Fitz to help make those guys look better than they really are. 

Are there any "legit" reports linking us to Fitz? From what I have seen Fitz seems to just be on most people's wish list. I still don't understand the logic behind the Cardinals being willing to trade Fitz either. He is pretty much the only face of the Cardinals franchise they have and he seems exactly the kind of WR Arians would love for his offense and they seem to be going with journeymen QBs which tells me they are planning on having Fitz to help make those guys look better than they really are.

I think Fitz was brought up because Irsay is in Arizona for the owners meeting.

Are there any "legit" reports linking us to Fitz?  From what I have seen Fitz seems to just be on most people's wish list.  I still don't understand the logic behind the Cardinals being willing to trade Fitz either.  He is pretty much the only face of the Cardinals franchise they have and he seems exactly the kind of WR Arians would love for his offense and they seem to be going with journeymen QBs which tells me they are planning on having Fitz to help make those guys look better than they really are. 

I think Fitz was brought up because Irsay is in Arizona for the owners meeting.

Right.  I see effectively no way it's Fitz.

Honestly, it has to be Cruz, right?  Not just because of clues or anything else, but just because it makes the most sense, right?

This mentions the possibility,(as speculation) but I don't believe it either...

Victor Cruz for the 24th overall pick is a great deal! We get our next primary receiver and he will be able to continue our history of legendary receivers...Plus the Seahawks gave up the 25th and two other picks for P. Harvin along with a heavy contract.. Cruz would not only be cheaper but he would also only cost one pick and he would be worth it cause he is proven and young.

Definitely, he's young and if they were thinking about getting a WR in the first, why not trade it for a proven top teir WR.

I'll say this, if we get a guy below Cruz's caliber I think there will be a new world record for the most people to sigh in unison.

...and even more posters PO'd at all of the hype.  Having seen Cruz play multiple times a year I think he's

worth the 1st round and, depending on the deal, worth the money.  He can play on the outside and is a beast

after catch.  Pep would have a field day planning underneath and over the top routes with Reggie and the smurfs.

My .02

it would be great to get fitz but i don't see it happening.  for all we would have to give up reminds me too much of the dickerson trade.  we'll give up too much without any guarantees what ill happen.  for all we gave for dickerson we only made it to the playoffs one year in five he was here. we're trying to build a team.  if fitz didn't pan out we'll be talking about rebuilding again in a couple of years.  you could also say the same for cruz but with him we would be giving less for him.  just my thoughts though.  either way i believe grigs and pagano know way more than i do.