Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a FA isn't he? He just visited NE today

He's a RFA that Pitt tenedred to an offer sheet. They have the right to match any contract he's offered . If they don't or can't , they receive a 3rd round pick from the Colts as compensation. It was reported that the Pats signed him to an offer sheet but later confirmed that he left NE without a contract.

I don't think this would be as big as the Dan Graham is indicating.

GoColts8818, i see that point but isnt he a better option than what we could pick up at our current draft position?  I am all for what ever makes us better. Hey, who the hell knows what they are up to.    LOL  

#Colts will have to make a cut to get under the cap again before signing any draft picks if this happens. I am hearing Jim wants sexy ..more

#Colts By sexy I mean, he wants another player to market, who has impact. On offense. #ThisISFromAgent can't say who.

This absolutely scares the crap out of me. I hope ole Jim didn't all of a sudden by into the FA as a solution theory.

So Dan Graham suggested that if we tried to clear up cap space to front load a deal for Cruz, that it would come from the O-line... thoughts?

That wouldn't make sense. If the deal has been in the work for 5 days, then they wouldn't have signed Chrilus to such a big contract.

For the record, trading (or losing via RFA tender, functionally the same thing) a first round pick for a young player who has proven they can produce at a first-round level is a good deal.

Trading a first round pick is only a really bad move when its for a guy who either can't produce at a first round level, or is old.  A young player with first-round production is, theoretically, worth more than a first round pick, because there's less risk.

I'm not so sure... the player would have to outplay their contract to make this true. Even if the rookie doesn't pan out... there is relatively little risk to the team on account of his small rookie contract... A proven player can underproduce or get injured and cost the team a heap of cap space... I think it evens out as long as the proven player is playing for the right amount of dough..

So Dan Graham suggested that if we tried to clear up cap space to front load a deal for Cruz, that it would come from the O-line... thoughts?

Which part of the O-line?

If it's the correct part, I'm down with it.

GoColts8818, i see that point but isnt he a better option than what we could pick up at our current draft position?  I am all for what ever makes us better. Hey, who the heck knows what they are up to.    LOL  

Yeah, this is the point.  Cruz is a guy with production you would hope to get from a mid-first rounder, but much less risk than the draft itself entails.  He'll cost more, obviously, but if you can make the money work it's the right decision.

Cut Satele, Linkenbach, & Olsen lol

I know you were joking with the lol but the later two would save us next to no money I believe.  Satele could become a victim if they like Shipley and or McGlynn to play center.  With that said signs to this point don't point to us liking either of the later two as our starting center.

It's funny seeing everyone's panties in a bunch, trying to crack the code. Irsay is probably reading all of this and laughing his butt off.

Nah he's probably reading his twitter and laughing out loud.  We probably don't even make it onto Irsay's radar here on the forum.