• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible WRs I could see us trying for. I have listed team and age:

WR Stevie Johnson, 26 - Bills

WR Victor Cruz, 26 - Giants

WR Nate Washington, 29 - Titans

WR Sidney Rice, 26 - Seahawks

Took into account age and teams that could lose a WR or are currently "blowing up" their team.

Victor Cruz being the most obvious.

Possible WRs I could see us trying for. I have listed team and age:

WR Stevie Johnson, 26 - Bills

WR Victor Cruz, 26 - Giants

WR Nate Washington, 29 - Titans

WR Sidney Rice, 26 - Seahawks

Took into account age and teams that could lose a WR or are currently "blowing up" their team.

Victor Cruz being the most obvious.

I would enjoy seeing former Wildcat Stevie Johnson in a Colt Uni.

#Colts will have to make a cut to get under the cap again before signing any draft picks if this happens. I am hearing Jim wants sexy ..more

#Colts By sexy I mean, he wants another player to market, who has impact. On offense. #ThisISFromAgent can't say who.

Translation he wants a guy who can be the number one WR when Reggie Wayne is done playing or is gone when his contract is up in two years. 

As for cuts one option they have to do that can make a little and I stress a little bit of cap space is working out a long term deal with McAfee to get the franchise tag off him.  I think that's gotten put on the back burner with the start of the free agency rightfully so.  If the Colts can do that though, add a little bit space from cutting Zibs and the roughly five million the had to play with when you take out rookies money and and IR money.  Honestly other than a guy like Bethea or Satale we don't really have a guy we can cut that would free up much space.  They could cut AV but by the time you add another kicker and take his cap hick you are only going to save something like a million or a half a million. 

For the record, trading (or losing via RFA tender, functionally the same thing) a first round pick for a young player who has proven they can produce at a first-round level is a good deal.

Trading a first round pick is only a really bad move when its for a guy who either can't produce at a first round level, or is old.  A young player with first-round production is, theoretically, worth more than a first round pick, because there's less risk.

Translation he wants a guy who can be the number one WR when Reggie Wayne is done playing or is gone when his contract is up in two years. 

As for cuts one option they have to do that can make a little and I stress a little bit of cap space is working out a long term deal with McAfee to get the franchise tag off him.  I think that's gotten put on the back burner with the start of the free agency rightfully so.  If the Colts can do that though, add a little bit space from cutting Zibs and the roughly five million the had to play with when you take out rookies money and and IR money.  Honestly other than a guy like Bethea or Satale we don't really have a guy we can cut that would free up much space.  They could cut AV but by the time you add another kicker and take his cap hick you are only going to save something like a million or a half a million. 

Cant believe Im gonna say this but they could save plenty of cap cutting Mathis or trade with Cards I think and then draft Mathis replacement, wild I know but it can be done 

Cant believe Im gonna say this but they could save plenty of cap cutting Mathis or trade with Cards I think and then draft Mathis replacement, wild I know but it can be done 

I don't think they are going to cut Mathis as he is the only proven pass rusher on this team and while Hughes showed promise last year he is anything but proven. 

Also if Irsay is looking for another face to the franchise as was said in one of the tweets put on here I don't see them cutting one of the faces they still have.

Irsay only said they're working on a deal. That doesn't mean it's a trade, and it doesn't mean it would involve signing a RFA and losing a draft pick. Irsay is nutty, but he's not crazy. Plus, he noted the cash cap, so I really don't think it will be big money, but I do think it'll be a WR.

Really Krunk? Why would we let the best WR leave?? We can't do that

Because that "best" WR is not young. I'm not calling for Wayne to be released at all, but when you look at things he is getting up there in age. The role he played last year was almost similar to a slot receiver. Cruz can do a lot of those things and he's faster than Reggie. I was just trying to dig into the possible thinking of Grigs and Pagano.

it might be patrick peterson we do need a another solid CB/KR/PR or Larry Fitzgerald  would be a good fit here

Are there even any reports that Arizona is even thinking about trading Fitz?  I would think Arians would never give up a guy like that.  Also with anything but a proven QB they need him to make their QBs look better than they are.  Arizona trading Fitz just makes no sense to me. 

I dont understand all of the Victor Cruz hate, he is a very good WR and still young.  Statistically he has been top 10 hasnt he.

I don't think people hate Cruz in fact I think most here like Cruz.  It's giving up our first round pick after we have already given up our second round pick that I don't think most people like. 

With that said based on this off-season what we view as a guy that the Colts want really bad probably doesn't equal what the Colts want really bad.  It wouldn't be shocked at all if it's a WR we will go that's it?