Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoColts8818

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

watch it be a kicker just to play with us :(

I don't care what they do, I just hope it doesn't involve giving more future draft picks away.

I would gladly give away a draft pick for Calais Campbell

Washington a good/ will be great young player who is on a rookie deal still and would be great to have in the middle of the defense.

Absolutely, but I am trying to figure out who/what we would need to trade to get him.

Mortenson is tweeting about it to. Now... When do we find out and who do we have to trade?

Daryl Washington

Sam Acho

Larry Fitzgerald

Patrick Peterson (Highly Doubt)

Give me any of those 4 & I'll cry. Now, I must prepare myself for sleepless nights until this trade is confirmed

I doubt that if we are "past the cap cash-wise" that we will be adding a contract like Fitz's... I'm with warriors.. don't think that this tweet has anything to do with Arizona... if we aren't trying to sign a WR (who? and can we afford it?) I think we are extending somebody (probably Davis) in a back-loaded way that frees up a little bit of space for draftees to be signed.... just a guess, though...

watch it be a kicker just to play with us :(

If real life is anything like Madden, Punters & Kickers can't be traded lmao

I doubt that if we are "past the cap cash-wise" that we will be adding a contract like Fitz's... I'm with warriors.. don't think that this tweet has anything to do with Arizona... if we aren't trying to sign a WR (who? and can we afford it?) I think we are extending somebody (probably Davis) in a back-loaded way that frees up a little bit of space for draftees to be signed.... just a guess, though...

The tweets def don't sound like an extension.....

I want to stress here I don't speak Irsayese but I think him saying they want this player bad means the guy isn't already on the roster. 

From what I saw on twitter when you take out money for rookies and players to sign for guys going on IR we have about five million left to spend on free agents this year.  That was before we released Zibs too.

Also as we have seen this off-season what we as fans want and think might be a guy the Colts want bad doesn't always mean it's really what the Colts are up too.  It could be they are after something like a back up QB or another Guard (although I expect McGlynn, Ijalana, Olsen, Reitz, and Anderson to battle it out in camp for the other starting guard spot).

if its a trade, I think we will be giving up picks... that makes me uneasy...

if it is for a young player who would be like a DP I would be fine

Id be happy to give up a 1st or 3rd for fitz...some of you may forget what he can do when he has a qb....

if its a trade, I think we will be giving up picks... that makes me uneasy...

How do you know?  I don't mean that in a snarky way but if you are that sure of it I just think us here would appreciate it if you shared how you know?

Hey, look on the bright side. The last time Irsay did something like this we hauled in Vontae. I'm sure it will be something of solid value. I can't wait!

I don't see any reason for Colts to do something stupid, not after the reserved way they acted in FA so far. It's probably just Irsay creating some hype to engage the fans. I didn't think trading for Vontae Davis last year warranted the hype he generated on Twitter. I like that they are aggressive and try to improve the team and hope to win while Luck and the talented young players they drafted last year are still under their rookie contracts.

Irsay may tweet like a drunk 4 year old, but I'm glad we have an owner who keeps the fans up to speed on what the front office is working on. Even if it means we have spend a day deciphering it.

I want to stress here I don't speak Irsayese but I think him saying they want this player bad means the guy isn't already on the roster. 

Also as we have seen this off-season what we as fans want and think might be a guy the Colts want bad doesn't always mean it's really what the Colts are up too.  It could be they are after something like a back up QB or another Guard (although I expect McGlynn, Ijalana, Olsen, Reitz, and Anderson to battle it out in camp for the other starting guard spot).

the Colts could also Draft a OG

the Colts could also Draft a OG

Right, I don't think I said they couldn't.  I was just giving example of another position they could be going after other than WR based on Irsay's tweet.

Right, I don't think I said they couldn't.  I was just giving example of another position they could be going after other than WR based on Irsay's tweet.

Agreed

Wasn't there a rumor that we rejected a trade a few days ago? Is it possible we are the ones acquiring draft picks? Don't know who would have any value to any other team.

Id be happy to give up a 1st or 3rd for fitz...some of you may forget what he can do when he has a qb....

Meh, how old is fritz?

Wasn't there a rumor that we rejected a trade a few days ago? Is it possible we are the ones acquiring draft picks? Don't know who would have any value to any other team.

Bethea.

I don't see any reason for Colts to do something stupid, not after the reserved way they acted in FA so far. It's probably just Irsay creating some hype to engage the fans. I didn't think trading for Vontae Davis last year warranted the hype he generated on Twitter. I like that they are aggressive and try to improve the team and hope to win while Luck and the talented young players they drafted last year are still under their rookie contracts.

You don't think it warranted the hype? Powers goes down, & we get Vontae. I really don't think we would've been 11-5 if Vaughn was our #1 CB. So I believe it did match the hype

Bethea.

Yeah, I could see that. Especially if we are really wanting to draft Elam. The Fitz talk is beyond nonsense. 

How do you know?  I don't mean that in a snarky way but if you are that sure of it I just think us here would appreciate it if you shared how you know?

I don't know at all, i apologize for my wording... I just meant that its hard for me to imagine what players we might be trading away... our roster has more unfulfilled potential guys than trade bait guys. Most of their contracts are very reasonable... maybe Mathis, Redding, or Angerer are possibilities... beats me

I see how the way I said that made it look like I thought I knew... sry.. I honestly have no clue...

Bethea.

Bethea did just now start tweeting a lot all of a sudden! The mystery deepens! 

Although this probably has nothing to do with anything

Yeah, I could see that. Especially if we are really wanting to draft Elam. The Fitz talk is beyond nonsense.

If I'm not mistaken (Holden89 or FX will correct me if I'm wrong) Matt Elam plays SS. If we trade Bethea & draft Elam, we'll have 2 SS's in Landry & Elam. Which one is gonna play FS?

Bethea did just now start tweeting a lot all of a sudden! The mystery deepens! 

Although this probably has nothing to do with anything

wow

If I'm not mistaken (Holden89 or FX will correct me if I'm wrong) Matt Elam plays SS. If we trade Bethea & draft Elam, we'll have 2 SS's in Landry & Elam. Which one is gonna play FS?

You are correct on that. I wasn't thinking straight.