Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

statue of Peyton

ballin colt

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt. When he retires, they need to put one up. Guy is a legend in Indy like Unitas was in Baltimore. If Irsay doesnt.. I will raise some heck!

Not being from Indy was just thinking has there been any talk of a statue honoring Peyton? thanks

Isn't that what the Ring of Honor is for?

LOL! A statueof Peyton, really? Luck will have destroyed him in about 7-10 years. Just wait...

Why are you still here? We know you hate Peyton and want to diss on him, every chance you get.

You are only going to ruin it for all the Pats fans that we respect here.

Isn't that what the Ring of Honor is for?

All the best belong in the Ring of Honor here in Indy out of respect for history Jim Irsays Colts only include those that played here  . In  Indianapolis like Baltimore Peyton Manning & Johnny Unitas are bigger than that ,there contributions to there cities & states are with out question why, Manning & Unitas both deserve statues not for them as much as for the fans in these cities to recognize 2 of the very best that ever played the QB position in the NFL especially in Colts history .

Unitas has his & Manning will as well in front of Lucas Oil Stadium . Colts history demands it there play on the field & there involvement in the community & bringing a Championship to there cities requires an acknowledgement of the contributions made in there careers . So far 1 great QB in Indy Colt history . #18 holding the Lombardi would be nice.

Andrew Luck has a bright future some day we'll have this conversation again . His history has yet to be determined it doesn't hurt that his first season was better than #18's ..

All the best belong in the Ring of Honor here in Indy out of respect for history Jim Irsays Colts only include those that played here  . In  Indianapolis like Baltimore Peyton Manning & Johnny Unitas are bigger than that ,there contributions to there cities & states are with out question why, Manning & Unitas both deserve statues not for them as much as for the fans in these cities to recognize 2 of the very best that ever played the QB position in the NFL especially in Colts history .

Unitas has his & Manning will as well in front of Lucas Oil Stadium . Colts history demands it there play on the field & there involvement in the community & bringing a Championship to there cities requires an acknowledgement of the contributions made in there careers . So far 1 great QB in Indy Colt history . #18 holding the Lombardi would be nice.

Andrew Luck has a bright future some day we'll have this conversation again . His history has yet to be determined it doesn't hurt that his first season was better than #18's ..

Well....he definitely deserves top-notch recognition for his help in cementing of the Indianapolis Colts as a solid NFL franchise...and even though I don't live in Indianapolis his community work is very well known.

I just didn't know if a statue has ever been "officially" discussed or not.

Manning already has a statue built...     the Colts play in it every home game.

All this statue talk will cease in a couple years and the "build a Luck statue" talk will start.

No reason you can't have two....

Hopefully Luck earns his when it can start being talked about in 14/15 years.

Indy Colt fans. Don't delude yourself into thinking you would have all this success without Peyton Manning. He definately deserves a statue. You forget without him, you went 2-14 the next year. Yes, Luck did have a good season in 2012, but it was a weak schedule. Manning brought the Colts out of the Bob Irsay doldrums, made Jim Irsay look like a good owner, got Polian a Super Bowl after four failures in Buffalo, and basically put the Indianapolis Colts on the map. Don't get angry because he is in Denver. He wanted to stay, but Jim Irsay sent him packing. You saw what he did at 37 years old in Denver, with a bad neck. He took the 8-8 Tebow team, and took them to 13-3. He had them in a position to get to the AFC Championship game, but he was tripped up by a poor defensive play. This guy deserves a statue 10 thousand times more than Bob Irsay deserves a spot in your Ring of Honor !

I hope they make his like Dan Marino's. Bronze with accents of colors mixed it. Looks real nice.

dan-marino-3.jpg

And my vote for the pose is either some pre-snap antics pose. Manning's legacy is the mental approach to the game, and that is where it is shown. Or maybe his sitting in the film room, or looking at pictures on the sideline. haha

or

Peyton_Manning.jpg

troll bait presented.....

Andrew Lucks performance in his rookie season has lots of fans pumped up after all the Colts have captured lighting in a bottle twice in the last 15 years .

I don't see it that way hes just pumped up about #12 I think we all are as  Colts fans ,  I too believe he will surpass #18 - Maybe not  In 7-10 years ,But if he plays as long as #18 & Colts D is better Andrew Luck could end up on a Mt. Rushmore of Colts QB's  . Peyton Manning was drafted 1 overall because The Colts felt he would be a good one & he did'nt disappoint the fans or franchise , Now with Andrew Luck its like the second coming a do over , Now the Colts are poised for a era of Colts football much like the last , And I think even better .

So if one of my fellow Colts fans get a lil giddy thinking about a future were Andrew Luck passes Peyton Manning in 7-10 years

that would be awesome but I would'nt hold my breath # 18 is still going strong & With a good defense he can still make it to the SB in the next couple of years .  Andrew Luck will always be compared to Peyton Manning just like Peyton Manning is compared to Johnny Unitas .  This first year was a good one but his second year will give us a better picture of what we have now with Pep Hamilton calling the plays  .

Andrew Lucks performance in his rookie season has lots of fans pumped up after all the Colts have captured lighting in a bottle twice in the last 15 years .

I don't see it that way hes just pumped up about #12 I think we all are as  Colts fans ,  I too believe he will surpass #18 - Maybe not  In 7-10 years ,But if he plays as long as #18 & Colts D is better Andrew Luck could end up on a Mt. Rushmore of Colts QB's  . Peyton Manning was drafted 1 overall because The Colts felt he would be a good one & he did'nt disappoint the fans or franchise , Now with Andrew Luck its like the second coming a do over , Now the Colts are poised for a era of Colts football much like the last , And I think even better .

So if one of my fellow Colts fans get a lil giddy thinking about a future were Andrew Luck passes Peyton Manning in 7-10 years

that would be awesome but I would'nt hold my breath # 18 is still going strong & With a good defense he can still make it to the SB in the next couple of years .  Andrew Luck will always be compared to Peyton Manning just like Peyton Manning is compared to Johnny Unitas .  This first year was a good one but his second year will give us a better picture of what we have now with Pep Hamilton calling the plays  .

He is a Pats fan I'm pretty sure. Finds anyway to bash Peyton.

Manning already has a statue built...     the Colts play in it every home game.

All this statue talk will cease in a couple years and the "build a Luck statue" talk will start.

Lucas Oil Stadium has been called the house that Peyton built . The second home of the Colts . The first to get them here the second to keep them here . LOS was built for the team & Peyton Manning was the face of the franchise that brought Indianapolis 2 SB's & 1 Lombardi .  Thats what drives the statue talk & thats why Johnny U has one in front of the Ravens stadium . If a third QB in Colts history were to accomplish what Manning & Unitas did say Andrew Luck that statue talk will begin as soon as he is no longer a Colt & it would be after a long & steller career something that has yet to take place , So for now were just talking about # 18 .

Lucas Oil Stadium has been called the house that Peyton built . The second home of the Colts . The first to get them here the second to keep them here . LOS was built for the team & Peyton Manning was the face of the franchise that brought Indianapolis 2 SB's & 1 Lombardi .  Thats what drives the statue talk & thats why Johnny U has one in front of the Ravens stadium . If a third QB in Colts history were to accomplish what Manning & Unitas did say Andrew Luck that statue talk will begin as soon as he is no longer a Colt & it would be after a long & steller career something that has yet to take place , So for now were just talking about # 18 .

The Orioles have statues for all their Hall of Famers at Camden Yards, and Biscotti said to expect the Ray Lewis statue in a year or two. The Manning statue in Indy is a no brainer. Like someone else said, if Luck lives up to his billing, there is plenty of room inside and outside a stadium to put up statues. I can tell you we love ours in Baltimore. On top of everything else, they are a great tourist attraction.  PS. Unitas also has a statue at the University of Louisville, and there is a Johnny Unitas Stadium at Towson University in Maryland. How about Manning square at LOS ?

The Orioles have statues for all their Hall of Famers at Camden Yards, and Biscotti said to expect the Ray Lewis statue in a year or two. The Manning statue in Indy is a no brainer. Like someone else said, if Luck lives up to his billing, there is plenty of room inside and outside a stadium to put up statues. I can tell you we love ours in Baltimore. On top of everything else, they are a great tourist attraction.  PS. Unitas also has a statue at the University of Louisville, and there is a Johnny Unitas Stadium at Towson University in Maryland. How about Manning square at LOS ?

I would not be surprised if they changed west st . To Manning blvd  , west st is a 1 way st- the exit from 70 to get to LOS . It seems like a no brainer . There is a lot of love for #18 square, st ,peoples first born , He will be well remembered here like Johnny U there no doubt .

I would not be surprised if they changed west st . To Manning blvd  , west st is a 1 way st- the exit from 70 to get to LOS . It seems like a no brainer . There is a lot of love for #18 square, st ,peoples first born , He will be well remembered here like Johnny U there no doubt .

maybe they should rename missouri st instead since it's a one way out of town 

drum-roll-please.png

maybe they should rename missouri st instead since it's a one way out of town 

drum-roll-please.png

Thats pretty good  & funny but I'll take the flip side of that one sir , how about this as a city who has conventions & tourism , Pacers & Colts & the track as draws to the city like even another SB , For me Manning blvd if there was one would be a street into the city welcome spend your money enjoy the hospitality   .. :highfive2:  Instead of hit the road jack Blvd  don't let the door hit ya on the way out ..

:HFire: