Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

statue of Peyton

ballin colt

Andrew Lucks performance in his rookie season has lots of fans pumped up after all the Colts have captured lighting in a bottle twice in the last 15 years .

I don't see it that way hes just pumped up about #12 I think we all are as  Colts fans ,  I too believe he will surpass #18 - Maybe not  In 7-10 years ,But if he plays as long as #18 & Colts D is better Andrew Luck could end up on a Mt. Rushmore of Colts QB's  . Peyton Manning was drafted 1 overall because The Colts felt he would be a good one & he did'nt disappoint the fans or franchise , Now with Andrew Luck its like the second coming a do over , Now the Colts are poised for a era of Colts football much like the last , And I think even better .

So if one of my fellow Colts fans get a lil giddy thinking about a future were Andrew Luck passes Peyton Manning in 7-10 years

that would be awesome but I would'nt hold my breath # 18 is still going strong & With a good defense he can still make it to the SB in the next couple of years .  Andrew Luck will always be compared to Peyton Manning just like Peyton Manning is compared to Johnny Unitas .  This first year was a good one but his second year will give us a better picture of what we have now with Pep Hamilton calling the plays  .

He is a patriots fan.

He is "pumped" about a different #12.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sarcastic comedian inside of me thinks that both INDY & Denver should become #18 sister city's for Peyton's infamous jazz hands protection TD signals...Just Kidding!!! :lol:

when Peyton went to Denver he had to get w/a former player who had # 18 retired in order to wear #18

Indy Colt fans. Don't delude yourself into thinking you would have all this success without Peyton Manning. He definately deserves a statue. You forget without him, you went 2-14 the next year. Yes, Luck did have a good season in 2012, but it was a weak schedule. Manning brought the Colts out of the Bob Irsay doldrums, made Jim Irsay look like a good owner, got Polian a Super Bowl after four failures in Buffalo, and basically put the Indianapolis Colts on the map. Don't get angry because he is in Denver. He wanted to stay, but Jim Irsay sent him packing. You saw what he did at 37 years old in Denver, with a bad neck. He took the 8-8 Tebow team, and took them to 13-3. He had them in a position to get to the AFC Championship game, but he was tripped up by a poor defensive play. This guy deserves a statue 10 thousand times more than Bob Irsay deserves a spot in your Ring of Honor !

Well.....I guess that settles it. Yoda has spoken.... :lecture:

Fair citizens of Indianapolis and Colts fans everywhere.....henceforth ye now shall be named the Peytonapolis Mannings!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

when Peyton went to Denver he had to get w/a former player who had # 18 retired in order to wear #18

Incorrect, he was open to wearing a different number but Randy Tripuka insisted a FHOF like Manning should continue wearing the number he always has. He wanted Manning to wear it.

PeytonforPrez_zpsd1895f78.jpg

Nice Presidential picture of Peyton Manning there. :thmup: Last night on the Natl. Geographic Channel, I watched a special titled "Killing Lincoln." As one might imagine, the subject matter dealt with Shakespearean actor John Wilkes Booth & his scheme to assassinate the 16th Commander-In-Chief of the United States. As I watched this program unfold, I wondered 2 things at the same time: If Lincoln had survived that attempt on his life at Fords Theater with all his mental facilities intact, how successful would he have been after the Civil War in 1865 at reintegrating the South back into the Union after the nation was destroyed by war? Could the South have been rebuilt in much the same way the Marshal Plan rebuilt Europe after World War II? And finally, as Booth was lying on a table feeling nothing from the neck down as a bullet penetrated his spine, was the death of Lincoln really worth it? Jefferson Davis was defeated, the South still lost the war, & Booth threw away a promising career as a well to do stage actor & broadway star? As a history buff, I often ponder & mull over such questions quite frequently.

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong." This Lincoln quote reminds me of Peyton Manning & his high moral character as well. He's almost presidential in his demeanor & how he carries & conducts himself IMHO. :hat:

They always say the second term as President brings a lot of changes to a man....... :D

Usually the hair gets whiter & the stress lines on their face get deeper & more pronounced...The weight of the office & a lack of privacy takes a heavy toll & an enormous visible burden. 

Usually the hair gets whiter & the stress lines on their face get deeper & more pronounced...The weight of the office & a lack of privacy takes a heavy toll & an enormous visible burden. 

so does life in a 4 year period unless u r youngster & hungry

Man I look , with all my medical issues, 10 years younger at least than the Drs  i did a residency with and even taught for my 6 years of practice

Thats not a brag what i say below , its   stress of Medical Practice these days that makes those still in it age faster

Man I look , with all my medical issues, 10 years younger at least than the Drs  i did a residency with and even taught for my 6 years of practice

Thats not a brag , its saying stress of Medical Practice these days makes one look older

Indy Colt fans. Don't delude yourself into thinking you would have all this success without Peyton Manning. He definately deserves a statue. You forget without him, you went 2-14 the next year. Yes, Luck did have a good season in 2012, but it was a weak schedule. Manning brought the Colts out of the Bob Irsay doldrums, made Jim Irsay look like a good owner, got Polian a Super Bowl after four failures in Buffalo, and basically put the Indianapolis Colts on the map. Don't get angry because he is in Denver. He wanted to stay, but Jim Irsay sent him packing. You saw what he did at 37 years old in Denver, with a bad neck. He took the 8-8 Tebow team, and took them to 13-3. He had them in a position to get to the AFC Championship game, but he was tripped up by a poor defensive play. This guy deserves a statue 10 thousand times more than Bob Irsay deserves a spot in your Ring of Honor !

Mmm... I think that Peyton was special. And I'll always remember him. And I do believe he deserves a statue. But to give all credit to polian is rubbish. Polian didn't draft Peyton. Irsay made that call just like he did with luck. And right now it's looking like he's 2 for 2 in picking good QBs. I agree without Peyton this team was nothing. He changed the way the game was played and deservedly should get a statue. When luck shows he's special, put him in the ring of honor. Luck hasn't changed anything in the league nor in Indy. Unlike Peyton. Both are very good QBs though. I'm just glad Peyton was a colt for 14 years. And he may win more SBs in Denver but his real championship fans are here in Indiana.

Yup, medical residency alone is no picnic. All those long hours, student debt, & less than perfect eating habits...Fun, fun, fun...NOT! I applaud all your dedication, hardwork, & sacrifice Barry. You definitely earned your prominent medical stature IMO.  :thmup:

Yup, medical residency alone is no picnic. All those long hours, student debt, & less than perfect eating habits...Fun, fun, fun...NOT! I applaud all your dedication, hardwork, & sacrifice Barry. You definitely earned your prominent medical stature IMO.  :thmup:

luckily I never had student debt , full scholarship undergrad and med, But the stress these days since i last worked in 1988 , well it building up yearly , even for new Drs, and thats why all look older than me 

u go to a med conference years ago and u had medical lectures,  

Now u go to a conference and u also get the tracks they call them of   all these practice management courses, biling courses, etc etc etc, evey year new laws , billing codes change, its crazy

Then proper documentation courses so u dont accidently write something that may be construed as against Stynadard of care if ever sued, think they even have programs u can buy that write much into a computer for u to make sure correct language, dont really know, if u think I pay attention to that crap when dont need it u r as bonkers as it would drive me ( LOL )

Mmm... I think that Peyton was special. And I'll always remember him. And I do believe he deserves a statue. But to give all credit to polian is rubbish. Polian didn't draft Peyton. Irsay made that call just like he did with luck. And right now it's looking like he's 2 for 2 in picking good QBs. I agree without Peyton this team was nothing. He changed the way the game was played and deservedly should get a statue. When luck shows he's special, put him in the ring of honor. Luck hasn't changed anything in the league nor in Indy. Unlike Peyton. Both are very good QBs though. I'm just glad Peyton was a colt for 14 years. And he may win more SBs in Denver but his real championship fans are here in Indiana.

I'll give Irsay some credit, but honestly, most NFL observers had Manning picked over Leaf at that time, even with our advantage now of hindsight. The Colts were also fortunate again to get a #1 and get Luck. Irsay failed miserably as a GM, before he smartly handed over reins to Polian. If Buffalo was smart, they would hire Polian back again. For those 14 years, I would give the lions share of the credit to Manning, next to Polian, and to a lesser extent to Irsay. The best thing Irsay did for those 14 years, unlike his father, was let professional football people run the show. Give the man a statue !