Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rotoworld has us ranked 19th

bobourret

Here is the key quote in this article:

Teams are ranked in order of roster quality.

This is not ranking teams as where they think they'll finish next season. They are ranking based on roster needs, the quality of players on the current roster(not including free agents). They are saying the Colts are ranked 19th because we have many holes to fill and upgrade. 

Here is the key quote in this article:

This is not ranking teams as where they think they'll finish next season. They are ranking based on roster needs, the quality of players on the current roster(not including free agents). They are saying the Colts are ranked 19th because we have many holes to fill and upgrade. 

Yes, it's actually a compliment to us. It's a pretty good assessment other than the Powers comment.

This is about the quality of the roster, not about where the team finished this year or where it's projected to finish next year.

As others have noted here,  this is actually a compliment of sorts...   they're basically saying we accomplished a lot with very little.

I know the front office might not say that publicly,  but I think it's OK for us fans to say it....   in 2012, we were a rag-tag bunch of serious overachievers!

And.....     I'm OK with that....       :thmup:

This is about the quality of the roster, not about where the team finished this year or where it's projected to finish next year.

As others have noted here,  this is actually a compliment of sorts...   they're basically saying we accomplished a lot with very little.

I know the front office might not say that publicly,  but I think it's OK for us fans to say it....   in 2012, we were a rag-tag bunch of serious overachievers!

And.....     I'm OK with that....       :thmup:

Me too, I actually like being the underdog for right now. As Colts fans, we all know we'll reclaim our rightful spot atop the AFC South and hopefully with this new era of Colts football, we''ll become a powerhouse in the playoffs for yrs. to come.

Us being ranked 32nd last year shows how meaningless these power rankings are. 

This wasn't a power ranking, but in essence I guess it has the same meaning at the start of a season.

Totally agree about power rankings.  I have no idea why anyone cares how someone ranks the teams.  Unless we're getting a BCS game?

This wasn't a power ranking, but in essence I guess it has the same meaning at the start of a season.

Totally agree about power rankings.  I have no idea why anyone cares how someone ranks the teams.  Unless we're getting a BCS game?

At this point it might as well be a power ranking.  Frankly anything that involves ranking a pro Sports Team is a power ranking.  The only rankings that matter are college football rankings.  Even college basketball rankings don't mean much because they have a 68 team tournament to settle things. 

At this point it might as well be a power ranking.  Frankly anything that involves ranking a pro Sports Team is a power ranking.  The only rankings that matter are college football rankings.  Even college basketball rankings don't mean much because they have a 68 team tournament to settle things. 

I don't know, I kind of like that we have more roster needs than teams ahead of us, yet we went further.

A roster assessment, if it's done with research, has some value to me.  A power ranking is totally useless.

Not putting much stock in this, but I find it crazy the Lions and Panthers are both above us.

Still, I'd rather people wrote us off again this season. We did pretty well the last time they did that.

Totally agree - write us off so that Reggie can make another 32nd T-shirt.

Holy crap people how many times does it have to be said that this is based off of roster needs not any indication about how a team will play next season.

Seriously. If people think the roster quality was up to par with production last year look at dead cap space and the fact that Freeney was the highest paid player with little production in a new system.

Holy crap people how many times does it have to be said that this is based off of roster needs not any indication about how a team will play next season. 

Forget about it. People want to believe this is a power poll and voice their anger on where we're ranked.

I was thinking about putting out a poll that ranks us alphabetically to see how many would complain that we should be ranked higher.