Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Ticket Prices Dropping

Coltssouth

I am not going to judge someone by telling them what to do with their money. It is their prerogative to do what they want. I may not agree with it or like it but it is not my money when it is all said and done. Actually, other Colts fans might benefit and scoop some for face value if they want to. That way, the money is still made but Colts fans do get a first crack at it, just a thought :).

"If you normally don't have the opportunity to attend Colts games, this could be your year. Tickets are going for face value."

http://www.wthr.com/story/15441992/colts-ticket-prices-dropping

Wow. I'm surprised really, after one game.

Do you live in Indy, Coltssouth? I am not surprised that it has started all ready. If they have a poor showing against the Browns the ticket price will plummet. Indianapolis is not a city that will turn out even if the team stinks like they do in Buffalo or Cleveland.

You heard fans of the Pacers spout on about how they will return if they got good guys in there. The Pacers have done that and are a young team, but the fans still do not come out because they are losing.

I cannot imagine what you will get for season tickets when Manning retires.

Do you live in Indy, Coltssouth? I am not surprised that it has started all ready. If they have a poor showing against the Browns the ticket price will plummet. Indianapolis is not a city that will turn out even if the team stinks like they do in Buffalo or Cleveland.

You heard fans of the Pacers spout on about how they will return if they got good guys in there. The Pacers have done that and are a young team, but the fans still do not come out because they are losing.

I cannot imagine what you will get for season tickets when Manning retires.

Yeah. I live south of Indy. I expected something like this to happen, just not this early in the season. As Chad said, I won't judge anyone because of what they choose to do with their money, but like I said it is surprising to me how quickly it happened. I expected to see it more in the third or fourth game of the season.

I can't remember ever being able to give face value for a ticket so in a way it's a good thing. More games I can attend, but it's also kinda' sad that with all this team has done for this town, yada yada . . . you know what I mean. :)

No surprise here. Downtown business owners are already scrambling in near panic because they fear the lost revenue. This is a proactive measure to keep people in the stands. Its kinda scary when you think about it. The Colts success over the last decade has transformed downtown Indy. The Colts future potential failure could do the same thing, however this transformation is less flattering.

I think ticket prices will hold sorta steady when Manning retires if the team has some transition plan in place. If they go from 10+wins a year into the 4-12 kinda crap, no, they will lose a lot of fans and the stadiums will look like the nascar races do now, half empty! Disposable income is something harder to pry away from people nowadays and I will not put my precious dollars into a team who has sat on their success and expecting me to pay for what they did in the prior years, I expect a solid product each game, win or lose. BTW, tickets have been cheap the past couple of years if you look around for Colts tickets. I mean, we have season tix but friends wanted to go to the playoff game. Scalped em at face value. It is a large part of the economy but some of it is people are tired of going to the playoffs and wasting dollars for the 1 and dones.

Well I was under the impression that most of the tickets are already sold to season ticket holders so they must be selling off their tickets individually? If so the Colts have already made their money this year because season ticket holders paid for their tickets last March. Next year they may loose some ticket holders but who knows what next year will bring. By that time the Colts will know exactly where Peyton is and what the future will bring. I have friends that are ticket holders and great seats so I don't think right now they will give up their seats because it took them quite a long time to work up to the seats that they have now.

It would be a great time it get to go to a game and see Lucas Oil and there are still quite a few players to be seen.

Some times I think the media always get a bit ahead of themselves. Yes, the Pacers don't have the fan following that they used to have but it took a while before they got to where they are now fan wise.

Well if you get a chance to go see a game it would be a good time to go because it's a lot of fun. I have gone many times and had a great time. If I get to go this year I will certainly jump on the chance because the tailgating is a blast.

No surprise here. Downtown business owners are already scrambling in near panic because they fear the lost revenue. This is a proactive measure to keep people in the stands. Its kinda scary when you think about it. The Colts success over the last decade has transformed downtown Indy. The Colts future potential failure could do the same thing, however this transformation is less flattering.

Kind of surprised that the businesses are scrambling because the biggest game of the year will be in Indy this year and a lot of the businesses according to media would rather have other teams in the SB than the Colts because it will bring in more revenue. Which I can see their reasoning on that but I would rather have the Colts no matter what.

With the economy they way it is and no job is secure now days I find it hard to believe that it doesn't strap a lot of people to keep their tickets. I think it does but to some that is their enjoyment and they cut corners else where to keep them. JMO of course but I think the businesses will do fine with the SB being in Indy.

Not surprised at all. I don't mean to diss but in regards of attendance our fan base is embarrassing. I remember going to games (just before Peyton was drafted) where it was so empty. It's sad... after all the good things they've done I think the Colts as an organization deserve a whole lot better. Jumping ship at this point is pathetic.

Note that I'm not talking about everybody.

Those of you that live in Indy are really lucky to be living in the same state as your team. I have been a Colts fan my entire life going back to when they played in Balt. Back then you were lucky to get a few columns in the paper about the game. I have been to games at the rca dome and hope to get to lucas this year.

Go colts!!

Yeah. I live south of Indy. I expected something like this to happen, just not this early in the season. As Chad said, I won't judge anyone because of what they choose to do with their money, but like I said it is surprising to me how quickly it happened. I expected to see it more in the third or fourth game of the season.

I can't remember ever being able to give face value for a ticket so in a way it's a good thing. More games I can attend, but it's also kinda' sad that with all this team has done for this town, yada yada . . . you know what I mean. :)

Decades-long commitment by an owner vs. fickle market and multiple other erroding factors. Sounds familiar. Worth noting this year on the heels of a hotly debated offseason prior to CBA resolution.

The 350M+ SB revenues this year plus billions more over the life of the agreement are credited to the city/state/Irsay cooperative. If you're an NFL city you should count yourselves among the fortunate. Check with Baltimore and Cleveland on how things were without a team. If you like having the Colts in town, show up to the games.

Anyone believing there's no such thing and/or take a reduction on the terms "bandwagon fan" and "fair weather fan" is completely out of touch with reality.

I think you're missing the mark. There isn't any organized holder of a large number of tickets to make a "proactive measure to keep people in the stands." What we are seeing is basic supply and demand. Supply is going up and demand is not there at historical prices. Thus the price needs to drop to balance things out. Additionally, while the Colts are a definite catalyst for downtown, there are only 10 or so home games a year. A much bigger loss for downtown would be the NBA lockout or a loss of a major convention. The loss of Colts revenue will be felt for sure, but unless the stadium is empty (and it won't be) there will still be a brisk business of downtown patrons before, during, and after the game.

The city had to know this would happen when Manning didnt play. Guess they just didn't count on it this soon. Now the true fans emerge.

I'm sure we would go if we lived in Indy. It's like the Marlins for us here in south Fla. Have you ever seen a full stadium for one of our games? Only when the Yankees come to town.

"If you normally don't have the opportunity to attend Colts games, this could be your year. Tickets are going for face value."

http://www.wthr.com/story/15441992/colts-ticket-prices-dropping

Wow. I'm surprised really, after one game.

I have already sold 2 tickets to see Colts play in Baltimore. I do not wish to see another train wreck. I think the handwriting is on the wall, regardless of what others say.

The city had to know this would happen when Manning didnt play. Guess they just didn't count on it this soon. Now the true fans emerge.

I'm sure we would go if we lived in Indy. It's like the Marlins for us here in south Fla. Have you ever seen a full stadium for one of our games? Only when the Yankees come to town.

Never have liked the "true fan" label. This is common in sports, it's not like it only happens in Indy. People aren't as willing to spend their hard earned money on a lesser product. They may choose to stay home and watch from their living room instead, doesn't make them less of a fan to me. It is just a business afterall. This is what happens in business. If you have a favorite steak house that serves great steaks, then one day they hire new chef or change ownership and the quality goes down, would you still spend your money there? If so, thats great, but i wouldn't hold it against anyone who doesn't.

As far as i'm concerned, the Colts didn't care about all the people who spent money to watch them tank that Jets game a few years ago. So i'm not going to blame anyone who chooses to not spend their money to see a Colts game.

My wife and I will be in town for the KC game and my brother is looking for tickets now. I would love to see Peyton play, but I can't afford those prices anyway so I'm kind of excited about it. Traveling from Portland, OR, makes it very unlikely I will get a chance to see another game any time soon.

Never have liked the "true fan" label. This is common in sports, it's not like it only happens in Indy. People aren't as willing to spend their hard earned money on a lesser product. They may choose to stay home and watch from their living room instead, doesn't make them less of a fan to me. It is just a business afterall. This is what happens in business. If you have a favorite steak house that serves great steaks, then one day they hire new chef or change ownership and the quality goes down, would you still spend your money there? If so, thats great, but i wouldn't hold it against anyone who doesn't.

As far as i'm concerned, the Colts didn't care about all the people who spent money to watch them tank that Jets game a few years ago. So i'm not going to blame anyone who chooses to not spend their money to see a Colts game.

All of my extended family is outside of Pittsburgh and every single one of them is a devoted Steelers fan. You'd never, and I mean never hear them talk about their team like this. They'd also never quit going to games even during lean years, including the middle of the western PA winter. In that part of the country they're all black & gold for life. End of file. And THAT is the difference between yourself and people that are true fans. There's no argument.....and no doubt the reason you don't like the label.

Part of this ^ is why Irsay holds the Rooneys and their organization in high regard.

If all of this success in the Manning era and decades long commitment bringing in billions of dollars to the region isn't enough for you I'm sure nothing will be.