Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who should replace Arians? [Merge]

UKColt13

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't demote a guy who has just not had the chance to show off because he's had Leukemia. Thats just bad form. Arians was calling plays for the O when he was IHC and he will be calling plays as the O coordinator. If anything I think more of a collaboration D with Manusky and Pags will be a lot better then we have been.

In the history of the NFL how many if any assistants accomplishedvwhat Arians did? He must forever hava an asterik by his anme on the all time roster. A super job by a super guy, a million thanks for giving all fans of all sports belief and hope when the cards are stacked against you.

how about we demote Coach Pagano and promote Bruce Arians to head coach????

That sounds like a bright idea! How can we let such great talent go????

Yeah, that sounds exactly like something Irsay and Grigson would do.   /sarcasm

Wow, can't we just enjoy BA while we got him. He is going nowhere except Indy!!

We are enjoying Arians, but there's a very real possibility that he could get offered and accept a HC position after this season and we're just discussing who we'd want if that happens.  Thinking there's no way Arians would leave Indy is as wishful thinking as wishful thinking gets.  I'm not saying he definitely will leave, but if he had no interest in leaving then he would have said as much when he was asked.  However that's not what he said.  He clearlyl said he would consider a HC position with the right organization.

Why would he leave Seattle to be a coordinator somewhere else?

Yeah, I don't get why everyone keeps naming successful existing coordinators. Laterals rarely happen for assistant coaches in the NFL, especially when said coaches are already in good situations. Our most likely pool to select from is probably recently fired head coaches or someone from the college ranks, trying to cut their teeth. 

Yeah, I don't get why everyone keeps naming successful existing coordinators. Laterals rarely happen for assistant coaches in the NFL, especially when said coaches are already in good situations. Our most likely pool to select from is probably recently fired head coaches or someone from the college ranks, trying to cut their teeth. 

Is that you FJC?

Nope, this is "ahf321." FJC hooked me up with the avatar, though.

Props, FJC 

Hey ahf321......love the avatar.  Why don't you go to status updates and say you changed your name so everyone knows.....I was wondering who had the cool  avatar.....

May need my buddy FJC to do one of my avatar.....for a change!  Love it!!

Two reasons, one- we could hope upon hope that one of those on the list would be let go for any reason and brought in (not realistic though) , and two - We get to display the 'type' of OC we would want.  What is their philosophy, what twists to a scheme do they employ that is desirable, and finally (the hard part) who out there in assistant land or college arena is emulating that style?  Not everyone has time or resources to research it, but some might know of particular 'fits' and throw their names out there.  It's a discussion.

I'd so much love to have a shiny red Italian sports car in my driveway.  Like a Lamborghini or Ferrari and I mention it.  Everyone says, not realistic.  I can't think of any more Italian sports cars except Fiat, and  am unmoved. So then someone chimes in he knows of a Lancia Stratos for cheap!  Someone else mentions if that can't be done, they know where there's a cool Alfa Romeo Spyder available...

Sometimes, you never know what good can come from wishful thinking and lighthearted discussion.  It doesn't have to be serious as a heart attack threads all of the time, IMHO.   :)

Sorry guys, it will be Clyde Christensen!!! :(

Probably. Clyde isn't anyone's first choice but I think he would at least try to bring back some of our old concepts on offense, which (in my opinion) is needed. Give Luck a little more freedom, add more timing routes/combinations and condense the number of formations we run, and I think we'd be way more effective on offense. As long as Arians is here, he will not relinquish his play calling duties or his tendencies that come with them. He said calling plays is what he loves to do, so those expecting Luck to evolve into a Peyton-esque, cerebral QB, can throw that out the window as long as Arians is here. He even said something along those lines in a recent interview. Clyde would give Luck way more freedom, IMO

Is that you FJC?

Nope, this is "ahf321." FJC hooked me up with the avatar, though.

Props, FJC 

Hey ahf321......love the avatar.  Why don't you go to status updates and say you changed your name so everyone knows.....I was wondering who had the cool  avatar.....

May need my buddy FJC to do one of my avatar.....for a change!  Love it!!

I didn't create or draw it, I just altered it a bit, changed the color of the shorts/shirt, added the horseshoe, the popped collar and the lovely jacked up socks. 

Yeah, I don't know where he finds these characters, but I'm not picky. He looks pretty spot on, to me  :)

I just stumbled upon one that worked...

Here is the full image since the avatar crops it.... 

arians.jpg

You can't demote a guy who has just not had the chance to show off because he's had Leukemia. Thats just bad form. Arians was calling plays for the O when he was IHC and he will be calling plays as the O coordinator. If anything I think more of a collaboration D with Manusky and Pags will be a lot better then we have been.

The guy who suggested that was NOT being serious.

Sometimes a different sense of humor does not come across properly in the black and white world of posting on Internet message boards.

I think he was kidding.

The guy who suggested that was NOT being serious.

Sometimes a different sense of humor does not come across properly in the black and white world of posting on Internet message boards.

I think he was kidding.

Fair enough, I rescind my comment.

Sarcasm is difficult to get across online.

Pete Carmichael, current offensive coordinator for the Saints, could be left flapping in the wind if there's a significant change in New Orleans this offseason, but most likely won't leave for anything other than a head coaching job, which is what we reportedly wanted to interview him for last season

Sean Payton just agreed to terms with the Saints, so assuming the league approves the new contract, Carmichael probably won't be released. He'll probably stick around for another year, then get a top gig going into 2014. Could even happen this year.

Well as I said before if Arians leaves you want to remember that if Pagano should have a set back this person could be running the ship again and I would not want Norv Turner being HC.   :slaphead:     Look what he did in SD as a head coach.  :HFire:

OK, you got me. He is the anti- Bruce Arians of HC/OC hybrids. lulz...

but the OC part is similar... it;s the HC aspect Susie points out....

Uh let me think about that for a millisecond, how about know one. We would be crazy to let him get away, and I know Mr. Irsay is very smart and will pay the man what he is worth. You don't want BR to get away, he will be able to do fantastic things with Andrew Luck. I think Andrew needs stability and changing the OC, even though it is only his first year back would not be a wise decision. Other teams will definitely want BR after what he has done for the Colts, but Mr. Irsay MUST make it worth while for him to stay $$$$$$. Plus, what other team has an Andrew Luck that will be looking for a coach. I know there will be head coaching jobs available but BR & AL are the perfect storm for the Colts. Go Colts!!!!

"...  what other team has an Andrew Luck that will be looking for a coach. I know there will be head coaching jobs available but BR & AL are the perfect storm for the Colts. Go Colts!!!!"

Hmmm... nobody but Colts have Andrew Luck.  

But let me pose this scenario...  KC Defense, Jamal Charles, and and #1 draft pick Geno Smith?

http://www.chicoer.com/sports/ci_22267351

Dolphins?  They won't be looking for a coach.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118215/article/nfl-head-coach-tracker-what-changes-are-coming

That's an nfl.com writers take on possible moves...

Out of that list I'd say Chargers, Bowe has been out in KC and with what looks to be they will have the number 1 draft pick I think they should get another WR to pair with Bowe or another QB and keep Crennel, KC only has 1 WR right now until Baldwin and Breaston find where the end zone is located, The biggedt factor for me if Im going to be drafting KC a QB (If I was GM of course) is Cassel has not been able to stay healthy but when he was he put up decent (but not franchise qb type) numbers of 27 td's and only 7 picks, also he will be 31 by the time next season starts

The Coltas should do everything in their power to retain him. He is now an icon and will be remembered for a long, long time. I don't care who they would choose they will be losing a great team player and that always backfires. I hope he wants to stay but if he wants a head coaching job then many thanks and the best of everything to him.

I just have a hard time saying I want Norv or Andy, I just can't do it, they make me nervous for some reason.

I'd take Norv over Andy any day.  I'd like a coordinator who runs a more balanced offense like Mularkey or Greg Knapp.  Andy's offenses run the ball even less than the Colts have over the past several years.