Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Hope so. Hope he's a friendly source, meaning the team wants to leak stuff to him.  Not sure if that's the case though.  Good guy, and I enjoy his stuff.    Off to bed. Just finished some work, and 4ish hours is my min. Have a good night,
    • lol... When you draft a guy early, it creates expectations.  But expectations aside....   LT is a premium position. If you're not ranked top 20s, you're just not that good. There are 32 LTs, and 64 Ts as a whole. He had ONE good season that remotely came close to draft position, and that season was was still one that had pass pro low lights.    Like PFF and others have said for a while. He's and average LT. Average is not something you want at a premium position. But average is not always easy to replace. So while that it true, we could have had Leno who graded better and had better availability. Quite simply, bad choice.....   And you simply don't sign up for more, even if you think he gets back to "normal"...... because his normal is at most, average.  
    • I'm pretty sure he has more than one source. I have no idea what he does for a living but he's pretty closely linked to people who work within the organization so who really knows? Jason and Luke do an excellent job with the ForTheCOLTure podcast. I don't think we'll ever have to worry about that because I have a feeling he's closer with the organization than we know.
    • There are conflicting reports about Rodgers' arms. He looks taller than 5'8" to me(the number from his pro day is 5'10 7/8"... so almost 5'11". According to reports from his pro day his arms were over 32. Here's one from Senior Bowl director Jim Nagy:   BTW, I think Rodgers is an outside corner. I want him on the outside. He looks good there. Looks like he can actually be a long-term solution for us there. 
    • Two things....   1.    I didn't forget anything.    I clearly stated what I was showinjg was a 6-year string of successful seasons for Fisher.  And I already stated his 21 season was not acceptable.    His 21 season being a disappointment is not in dispute by anyone here.  It's widely known and accepted by all.    No one is stating otherwise.    But his 6 seasons stretch was solid.   He was an above average to good NFL LT.   2.   The only way Fisher is not an acceptable LT with the performance he gave is in relation to where he was drafted.   But that's a fans viewpoint.   Not a general manager.     And here's how I know that,  how I can PROVE that.    What did Kansas City do when Fisher's rookie contract was up?    Ther re-signed him!    THEY RE-SIGNED HIM!!   They!   Re-Signed!   Him!! There was no talk of him being a bust or a disappointment.    They resigned him!    So, your argument is pretty much destroyed.   Your OPINION vs. What the Team's General Manager actually did in real time.    What fans think rarely interets me.    Fan opinion is typically a weak argument.   3.    Eric Fisher was the Left Tackle for only the Best Quarterback in the game.    He was the starting Left Tackle for the SUPER BOWL WINNING Kansas City Chiefs.    That's how bad he was.    And he got hurt in the AFC Championship game a year ago,  (along with their starting RT as well)  and those two injuries were the main reason KC couldn't be competitive against Tampa.   They lose their two starting tackles.    But Fisher had his best year in 2020.    There's no reason to think he can't have more good years.   I'm not lobbying for Fisher here.    He may be the best option in 22?    Or it maybe Pryor?   Or maybe someone else?   I'm only responding to say all I know is none of your arguments hold up to any scrutiny.     They're all as weak as can be.     More coming Wednesday.....  
  • Members

• Gyworks

Gyworks 13

• ColtsGermany

ColtsGermany 369

• Kirie89

Kirie89 6