Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hello to all Colts fans back here in the Colts Fan Forum! A battle of greatly improved teams as our 9-4 Colts finally play the AFC South leading and 11-2 Houston Texans. A win by the Colts with the leadership of Head Coach Bruce Arians, and rookie QB Andrew Luck will both make the Colts be game behind the Texans in the division standings, and also reach the threshold of a 10-win season for the first time since 2010. NO injuries to both teams, continue to stay both Colts Strong and Chuck Strong, and GO COLTS!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Who cares.    And no, it wasn't an "insult".
    • Holder on the podcast >>> Holder in print. Which is probably the same for most journalists because on a podcast, they don't have to craft narratives.
    • It isn't, I agree but when our fan base has watched Peyton and Andrew close games by scoring late to clinch games then it is easy to blame Wentz at times. Andrew had 7 games in his rookie season where he had to score late for Indy to win. 
    • This!   I think @Wentzszn raised a good point about player leadership earlier in the week. I think that intensity comes from them. Intensity brings focus. When these guys are focused, they can do what they did to Buffalo to most teams, i strongly believe that. I think the coaching is there, i think even with some of the personnel deficits, they're still a very very good team.  Versus Buffalo, they were focused and intense. They knew it meant a lot to Frank but more importantly, they knew firsthand what it felt like to lose to that team in that stadium and were not going to allow it happen again.    So yeah, you're spot on, if they can bring that intensity and focus to every game. This team will destroy quite a few teams along the way to a good playoff run. I strongly believe that.   On another note, Frank spoke with Dungy some days back, and even before then the message to the team was more on keeping focused and doing the little things right. Same messages those Dungy teams stressed every week
    • Ok. But what about all of the other "what ifs" that have been pivoted this week? Because that's all anyone is doing at this point.    JT fumbling is slightly more of a "what if" than the idea that running the ball would have been successful...let alone changed the outcome. They were playing the best run defense in the NFL, who had already showed they could stop the run in that very game, with a secondary that was exploitable...and Tom Brady on the other side. Oh...and the offense had just put up 21 points on 3 straight drives by going pass-heavy.    The data pointed to staying incredibly pass-heavy. Sure, a run or two could have been thrown in, but it didn't cost them the game. TOs did that. 
  • Members

• Wentzszn

Wentzszn 16,433

• Dirty Mudflaps

Dirty Mudflaps 36

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 891

• Colt.45

Colt.45 1,172

• Shepman

Shepman 276

• MikeCurtis