Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Forever18" data-cid="361856" data-time="1355691576"><p>

Cincy won Thursday, so now we're tied with them.<br />

<br />

That stupid Jacksonville loss is going to haunt us.</p></blockquote>

Damn Thursday night games. I don't get to see them so I spaced it.

LOL....Texans didn't play a good game but they won.   You guys need to read the intentional ground rule.  The ball has to make it back to the line of scrimmage.  Doesn't matter if he was out of the pocket.

Don't even post, nobody want to read your dribble.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mr.Scarface" data-cid="361871" data-time="1355691763"><p>

LOL....Texans didn't play a good game but they won. You guys need to read the intentional ground rule. The ball has to make it back to the line of scrimmage. Doesn't matter if he was out of the pocket.</p></blockquote>

What do you mean the Texans didn't play a good game, the D played phenomenal. Foster had a bajillion rushing yards and AJ dominated. That's what Houston does.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mr.Scarface" data-cid="361871" data-time="1355691763"><p>

LOL....Texans didn't play a good game but they won. You guys need to read the intentional ground rule. The ball has to make it back to the line of scrimmage. Doesn't matter if he was out of the pocket.</p></blockquote>

Funny. I didn't notice you posting before the game was decided.

Weird.......

What do you mean the Texans didn't play a good game, the D played phenomenal. Foster had a bajillion rushing yards and AJ dominated. That's what Houston does.

You must haven't seen many Texans games this season.  The offense was out of sync most of the game.     

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think we see plenty of 3 Safety's on the field at the same time and both Cross and Rodney Mc have very nice seasons. I worry a bit about the 4th S spot (Thomas could fill it as a S/CB), dont trust Watts to play D just ST. Dabo so raw likely a year away. Weatherford may be in play in emergencies though more a LB fit at this level.
    • With Willis showing in his first preseason game I am sure he might be more depressed now.      
    • Think this shows that French is playing so well at center he has backup locked down so Fries C/G option is now just guard and ahead of Spriggs. At least that's the take I'm getting.
    • I did before and enjoyed it.  I commented on it.  I talked about Wentz mechanics mostly, and that they just stunk aside from when he squared up properly to throw down the middle of the field.   What I noticed on that first play was that Doyle did not release early enough.  Seemed to be free but kept his hands on the defender and stayed covered while Wentz was pumping.  Yes, Wentz fades back for no apparent reason, but ended up throwing the ball right where Doyle should have been if he released when he should of.  And, number 41 for Jax made a good play by closing on the passing lane pretty quickly taking any sort of play away if Wentz didn't throw the ball when he did.   I thought the ball to Pittman down the middle was a bad throw.  I thought the back side play to TY wasn't bad. And JT made a good observation about Dulin slowing down mid route on that deep ball.      Wentz got criticized for moving too early and not staying put in the pocket.  Well, he's a "mobile" QB and not one of those pocket statues.  He extends plays, and those guys break from the pocket passing position pretty early.  I mean, if you want a pocket passer that stays put and releases right before the defender hits him, then go get Brady, PM, or Rivers....or Ryan,....or Kurt Warner.  Wentz ain't that guy, and the NFL is moving away from that guy.   I said early in the season that Wentz seemed to play like he thought he was more athletic than he actually is.  Maybe he should try to be a pocket passer that squares up every play and stands tall until the last split second.   I thought that a lot of points were valid, especially about just plain accuracy.  And I don't think Wentz played well.  A QB can't come out of a game with a 6 PFF score without terrible play being a huge part of that score.    
  • Members

• holeymoley99

holeymoley99 1,581

• TheEdgeis1

TheEdgeis1 12

• Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life 2,021

• kidjock

kidjock 7

Rookie
    • cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 2,025