Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ndamukong Suh concussion hit upsets Colts player

coming on strong

Don't want any part of him. He's going to eventually maim somebody, be suspended or barred and we don't need the negative pub. We're doing just fine without him.

My .02

-d.

I can understand. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me because I can understand why you feel like that. It comes down to preference, as for me. I would sign him and deal with it lol.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suh isn't dirty, he's intense, he couldn't carry the jockstrap of one of the "bad boys of the NFL" list from the 60s and 70s when they were really dirty. This is just another PC has gone too far point, yes protect the players but they are being paid huge money to play a violent game so let them play with some emotion.

I don't condone any dirty or illegal play but somebody needs to call the Wahmbulance on this one.

Off my soapbox now, I apologize for any hurt feelings I may have inflicted by my opinion.

So... stomping on someone, kicking schaub in the groin, getting arrested, and standing over a knocked out player who could have been severely injured or even dead... and laughing and dancing doesn't make him dirty? The fact that you would even begin to defend a disgusting human being like that is well... disturbing.

So... stomping on someone, kicking schaub in the groin, getting arrested, and standing over a knocked out player who could have been severely injured or even dead... and laughing and dancing doesn't make him dirty? The fact that you would even begin to defend a disgusting human being like that is well... disturbing.

Darn. Out of likes for the day.

I don't have a lot of time for Suh myself, he's got away with (near) murder for far too long. HOWEVER I feel that this one might be getting blown out a bit of proportion, don't get me wrong I'm not condoning this but you do see a awful lot D players going OTT with their celebrations after big hits and the hit player is still down and out on the ground.

standing over a knocked out player who could have been severely injured or even dead... and laughing and dancing doesn't make him dirty?

Actually, this doesn't. Happens all the time on a good hit. I don't condone the kicks or anything but in this instance, we have to take 2 things in account..

1. Was the hit legal?

2. Did he know the guy was really concussed?

A good hit and a celebration afterwards does not make a player dirty. His job is to hit. Nobody says anything about touchdown celebrations by people who job it is to score. I've seen plenty of instances where a player celebrates when an injury occurs but then settle down once they realize the situation. Again, while I don't agree with a lot of the past antics, I just think a player was overly sensitive which lead to the media blowing this up on someone that has a perception issue, and then the fanbase follows suit.

Actually, this doesn't. Happens all the time on a good hit. I don't condone the kicks or anything but in this instance, we have to take 2 things in account..

1. Was the hit legal?

2. Did he know the guy was really concussed?

A good hit and a celebration afterwards does not make a player dirty. His job is to hit. Nobody says anything about touchdown celebrations by people who job it is to score. I've seen plenty of instances where a player celebrates when an injury occurs but then settle down once they realize the situation. Again, while I don't agree with a lot of the past antics, I just think a player was overly sensitive which lead to the media blowing this up on someone that has a perception issue, and then the fanbase follows suit.

We won the game... why would mcglynn make such a big deal about it if it wasn't a big deal... I could understand your argument if we had lost, but we won. I read the full article and he mentions suh dancing, LAUGHING, and POINTING.that's not celebrating. That's making fun of someone who is on the ground and most likely knocked out. Suh is nothing more then a petty thug. He enjoys hurting other players, and there's no room in the NFL for people like him. Its disgusting.

We won the game... why would mcglynn make such a big deal about it if it wasn't a big deal... I could understand your argument if we had lost, but we won. I read the full article and he mentions suh dancing, LAUGHING, and POINTING.that's not celebrating. That's making fun of someone who is on the ground and most likely knocked out. Suh is nothing more then a petty thug. He enjoys hurting other players, and there's no room in the NFL for people like him. Its disgusting.

The NFL was actually made for people who enjoy hurting others.lol That was the name of the game before the new era. And it's not about winning or losing, it is about that moment. A win doesn't make one less sensitive to a situation. McGlynn felt a certain way about it and got it off his chest.

I read the full article too and you still have to take into account those two questions that I posted. I've heard of worst antics when someone got a good hit put on em but McGlynn has no idea that they were doing that because Justice was hurt or not. He is making an assumption that he know will possibly get overhyped because of who it was.

Suh isn't dirty, he's intense, he couldn't carry the jockstrap of one of the "bad boys of the NFL" list from the 60s and 70s when they were really dirty. This is just another PC has gone too far point, yes protect the players but they are being paid huge money to play a violent game so let them play with some emotion.

I don't condone any dirty or illegal play but somebody needs to call the Wahmbulance on this one.

Off my soapbox now, I apologize for any hurt feelings I may have inflicted by my opinion.

Not a wahmbulance call

Sorry but on what planet and in what context to you laugh and dance over an injured player? Nope, not in football.

Eh ya dont have to draw a penalty to hurt someone, overall I get your point, as for it being beneath the Colts or any NFL team for that matter and many players I dont believe it because players are going to stick up for there brothers, Im not saying intentionally something to cause a penalty but delivering a legal shot to Suh just to give him something to remember our O Line would have been a good thing

I see your point Gavin, but I'm glad McGlynn waited till after tha game to say something to Suh. I like Suh, think he's one heck of a player but that isnt cool! Dancing over somebody you just hurt?!

I see your point Gavin, but I'm glad McGlynn waited till after tha game to say something to Suh. I like Suh, think he's one heck of a player but that isnt cool! Dancing over somebody you just hurt?!

I have a confession to make. When I was playing little league, we gang tackled a QB and started high fiving each other when we heard him crying. This thread just made me feel awful about myself. :-(

Suh is a thug. Would have liked to see his face after the last TD.

Slightly off the subject, but not really, is the difference between a thug like Suh and the entirety of the Colt's team class. I wasn't able to go to the game, but on the radio pregame they told the story that while the Colts were on the plane waiting to depart I believe, an official came on board and said there were a group of Military personnel waiting for a plane to ship out overseas, would any of the Colt players like to meet them..... and EVERY COLT got off the plane to go meet them with them well. Now that is CLASS that can't be taught or learned, you have or you don't. The COLTS do and thugs like Suh don't and will never understand.

Not sure why some people defend Suh... There is a difference between passionate players & dirty platers...

Ray lewis, Jared Allen, Clay Mathews, Robert Mathis, J.J. Watt... Those are names I associate with high motor passionate players, they all play with emotion, yet can control themselves from going over the line... You have to factor in SPORTSMANSHIP... and crossing the line ISNT part of sportsmanship in my book...

Passionate players should also have a certain level of COMPASSION for their brothers who play the same game...

Boohoo.

Great player and tremendous talent.

You don't want him doing that? Knock him on his butt.

You can't? Then deal with it.

We did.....35-33....and today Suh has 4-8 written across his tremendously talented rear.

Unfortunately, the Lions failed miserably....again....to play 60 minutes of football due in large part to a complete lack of discipline and a culture that can be laid at the very feet of Jim Schwarz and yes, Suh himself. Greatness and talent also carries the leadership responsibility to set an example of not hurting his team in key situations.

But Suh, to the contrary, is making THAT an art form. And one week removed from escaping a suspension for "accidentally" kicking Matt Shaub in the balls, Roger Goodell may not share a flippant "boohoo" attitude about him and his team mates dancing over an injured player....whether the hit was legal or not.

I'm convinced from his arrogance and enabled lack of discipline that he and his team mates came away from that INT thinking the game was well in hand.

The Detroit Lions are a team that should be no where near the embarrassing record they have....and to be brutally honest, should have beaten us yesterday. But make no mistake.....their 4th quarter failings this year HAVE to be, in some part, due to the undisciplined culture that Jim Schwarz allows and that Suh is the clear ringleader of.

Whether or not Goodell actually disciplines Suh....or at some point he "accidentally" reaps a torn ACL for his sins....who knows?

I'm content that we beat them in that festering, stinking, toilet-of-a-city of theirs, and got the last laugh....or last dance....if you will.

Edited by Coltssouth
masked cursing

It seems to me that you can look at Suh one of two ways:

1. He's a great player who sometimes makes dirty plays.

2. He's a dirty player who sometimes makes great plays.

Since, IMO, to be a great player, you have to have actually accomplished something, I'll have to go with #2.

Since, IMO, to be a great player, you have to have actually accomplished something, I'll have to go with #2.

I will lean moreso with 1. Detroit's defensive line is good and he is the anchor of it, but their secondary (as seen today) is the reason they lose these games.

Hes just an Ingnorent, pathetic kid that appearently hasnt grown up. I want no part of this guy, I dont care how talented he is. He acts like a 10 year old half the time. Bad sportsmanship just Bad all around. I hope it comes back to him the field soon by whatever means neccessary. Wonder if he thinks it would be funny if an offensive linemen were to clean his clock and then hes getting hauled off on a stretcher? Wonder if hed be laughing then. Grow up sorry Individual!!!

We did.....35-33....and today Suh has 4-8 written across his tremendously talented rear.

Unfortunately, the Lions failed miserably....again....to play 60 minutes of football due in large part to a complete lack of discipline and a culture that can be laid at the very feet of Jim Schwarz and yes, Suh himself. Greatness and talent also carries the leadership responsibility to set an example of not hurting his team in key situations.

I don't really think we did anything to stop Suh. He had a sack and over 5 tackles. And I don't even want to count how many pressures he had on Luck.

I don't recall a single instance of Sug hurting his team....

Or he is a very good and intimidating player who sometimes makes great plays, and sometimes makes some very boneheaded decisions.

Based on many of the posts in this thread, I am grateful I wasn't pigeon-holed for all the stupid decisions I've made in my life. I can only imagine there are precious few on this board who aren't also guilty of bad choices from time to time.

I know we all prefer things to be tidy and black or white, but I have to imagine interpreting anyone's character, based on a small sampling of their behavior, might be prone to considerable chance of error.

I don't really think we did anything to stop Suh. He had a sack and over 5 tackles. And I don't even want to count how many pressures he had on Luck.

I don't recall a single instance of Sug hurting his team....

I'm talking about the overall culture of the Detroit Lions and Ndamukong Suh's lead role in it.

The Lions are laden with talent, yet their record is a complete embarrassment....like Suh's conduct on the field often is. And the type of brazen disrespect for an injured player they showed yesterday is indicative of a team, and an otherwise marvelous player, that lacks overall discipline and professionalism.

I'm not suggesting an NFL team can be comprised of 53 choir boys but Suh has helped the culture to take root....heck, his own coach came to his defense last week.....and sure enough they had ANOTHER late-4th quarter collapse against us yesterday.

As a team leader and one of the faces of that franchise....he's failed his responsibilities and IMO, its not hard to draw a line between his conduct, his bad reputation and another in a long history of failed seasons for the Detroit Lions.

Ok lets say that happened ( I dont remember seeing it but Im sure it did) then why the heck didn't Mcglynn, Satele or whoever it was at the other Guard spot not do a thing about it? if someone did that over one of my teammates then I'd make it my purpose(after I did my original job) to take that player out of the game as well

Then you are just becoming a dirty player which is exactly what people are calling Suh. Two wrongs does not make a right and frankly you can't take a guy out without looking for a chance to do it and if you are looking for a chance to do it then you can't be 100% focused on what you are supposed to be doing. He got the best revenge he could. The Colts won the game thanks to two late drives against Suh's defense. Honestly even if they did something on that play it would have meant that someone like McGlynn would have probably had to come running across the field to get in Suh's face which is probably going to result in a flag that will hurt your team. That's something an undisciplined team like the Lions would do and frankly it's stuff like that that has killed the Lions this year. The fact that the Colts players did not respond to it tell me that they are a much more disciplined team and frankly if you look around the NFL almost all the teams that are great in this league have one thing in common they are well disciplined. Being undisciplined I think is what will be Schwartz undoing in Detroit and if the Lions bring in a coach who brings discipline look out the Lions will become one of the best if not the best team in the NFL. Till then they remind of me of the mid to late 2000's Chargers team that had all the talent in the world but never fully achieved what they should have with that talent and I think the number one thing to blame for that was coaching.

Just a general statement here and that goes to the celebration part of this. I think that's part of the problem with the NFL. Players feel the need to celebrate ANYTHING that happens during the game. I mean even yesterday when Vaughn was getting torched by Johnson anytime Johnson would drop a pass or have a pass go over his head or have it take Johnson out of bound Vaughn was celebrating it like he had something to do with it. If you make a great play and break up a pass and you want to wave your arms in the incomplete pass single then great but when it's incomplete because of a poor throw or a drop that you had nothing to do with and the guy is in the middle of having a career game against you then celebrations are not needed.

Samething with Suh he felt the need to celebrate a big hit and that is what is leading to all this. I know the league isn't going to get ride of it but it's just something I don't think is needed as much as people do it in the NFL.

It seems Justice gets a concussion almost every other game. I don't know if I've ever seen a lineman get concussed as much as he does.

Every concussion you have makes it more likely that you will get another. Look at Austin Collie for another example.

It's also possible that Justice is doing stuff in the trenches that is rubbing d-linemen the wrong way and they are looking to whack him. I haven't seen any evidence to support that, and he generally seems like a classy guy, but it's possible.

McGlynn did the right thing. He bottled it up, did his job, and helped the Colts win the game. That is a display of class that the Lions could learn from. This "eye for an eye" mentality leads to penalties, and we had no room for penalties in this game. trying to injure Suh is beneath the Colts.

For the most part I agree. However, in the case of Suh I think it is high time some team physically punishes him. Chop block or clip him him until he gives out. I'm not saying a coach should encourage it, but an offense ought to let the Lions know that they aren't going to tolerate him.

For the most part I agree. However, in the case of Suh I think it is high time some team physically punishes him. Chop block or clip him him until he gives out. I'm not saying a coach should encourage it, but an offense ought to let the Lions know that they aren't going to tolerate him.

I'll leave that to Chicago. They may be looking to get revenge after that (somehow legal) power-bomb of Jay Cutler earlier this year. Plus, they need as much help as they can get on the offensive line.