Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Hassleback Starter vs Colts

HtownColt

Anybody catch the pattern? Week 1 at Chicago - loss. Week 2 against the Vikings - Win. Week three against the Jaguars - loss. Week five against the Packers - win. Week six at the Jets - loss. Week seven against the Browns - win. Loss, win, loss, win, loss, win, .... I hate being so supersticious (spelling?). I guess it just comes from being a football fan.

Just for the record, I'm not saying we are going to lose. I just noticed a pattern, that's all.

I'd rather Locker be out there. Erratic thrower, turnover machine. Hasselbeck is efficient.

Totally agree. Hasselback does not light it up like when Locker is on but then, he is more steady and consistent making fewer mistakes, IMO.

Besides, CJ has been running well with Hasselback at QB because they have to fear his accuracy more and might crowd the box a little less.

It'd be better for the Colts with Locker starting...Hasselbeck can actually pass and if he gets that going and somehow gets an early lead then Johnson will thrive on clock-chewers.

Yes, if Hasselback stays healthy with no back complications etc, he keeps drives alive, moves the chains, and will spell disaster for Indianapolis. Matthew Hasselback is very, very dangerous.

I heard they lost their LT due to appendicitis..he just had surgery..that should help the pass rush greatly

Winning games because another team has a starter go out only gives fans false beliefs tha your team is good. I want to win against a team that has its starters playing. No sense in lucking into a playoff spot only to get wiped out against a real team. We r not that good yet and we need to focus on building the team and fundamentally playing better n all phases.

I have a lot of respect for Mr. Hasselbeck. This man is capable of lighting it up on any given day, especially at home. I like our chances in this game for a W, but we need to able to rush the pass. Get to Mathew early in the game, and rush him into throwing bad balls.

Let's remember that this Titans pass defense is horrible, so I expect Andrew to have a breakout game. If we have another performance on D like we did at MetLife, then it will be a complete shootout.

You all have some great comments on this one...the concern as stated above is the so-called 'dink and dunk' accuracy that Hasselback is good at.....at this stage of his career. I think the only good news is our front 7 will be up.....trying to GAP CJ from having another flashback to the CJ2000 days.

Hoping as above that Mathis is back, Freeney feels better....Angerer is as 'Angerererery' as last week, and the secondary comes to play every snap.....with another week of a healthy Vontae Davis!

Good posts Colt Fans......I too was hoping for Locker. Barring turnovers and mistakes......we can put some points on these guys....of course I thought the same thing against the Jets. We need to LEARN how to win on the road!!!! :colts: :colts: :colts:

Winning games because another team has a starter go out only gives fans false beliefs tha your team is good. I want to win against a team that has its starters playing. No sense in lucking into a playoff spot only to get wiped out against a real team. We r not that good yet and we need to focus on building the team and fundamentally playing better n all phases.

No team lucks into the playoffs unless a team let's you win that game your supposed to win by resting their starters.

Watching Hasselbeck vs the Steelers, he only did Good when there was no pass Rush. With a Pass Rush, he made bad throws.

Our Defense is younger than the Battered & Bruised Steelers, so if we get Pressure... we'll be Fine. Hasslebeck is getting Older you won't get too many Scrambles out of him. But the Pass Rush has to be there & the Coverage has to be there.

Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt, & Damian Williams are an Upgrade from the Browns WR's. Our CB's have to bring it this Game

No sense in lucking into a playoff spot only to get wiped out against a real team.

I'll take a playoff spot any day than not make it. I'll never understand the mentality that it's better to not make the playoffs. Isn't that why every team plays?

We had our off year, now it's time to get back to winning.

Hasselback may not be great, but he's very good. Very.

He's efficient. Doesn't make many mistakes. The team rallies behind him. They believe in him. And, now the Titans seem to have figured out Chris Johnson. He had a big game this weekend. Very.

I don't expect us to win. I won't be shocked if we do, but I'll be surprised. It's not impossible. But this is a very difficult game for the Colts to win. I think we'll have a better shot at them when we play at Lucas Oil.

That said.... I still expect us to be competitive. I expect a better road effort than what we gave vs. Chicago and New York. We need to give the Titans a very good game.

Just my two cents....

No team lucks into the playoffs unless a team let's you win that game your supposed to win by resting their starters.

No..you want to LUCK into the playoffs..that's part of rebuilding..to not make it only # your growth.

Plus..anybody who makes the playoffs can go to the Super Bowl..we've seen that withthe NYGs

I would like to win against their best as will, but this is football, and injuries do occur. Look how many good players in the league are injured. Its part of the game. I know we have a LOT of work left to do, and a LOT of growing and getting consistent. And don't tell me that if, say we were playing NE and Brady couldn't play, that you would say..Wow..I want Brady to play...especially if it meant possibly going to the playoffs. Look at us, with Brown, Mathis and others out...You play each week trying to win FOR THAT WEEK ONLY. If a player is out, then he's out. We have to deal with injuries, and so do other teams. If we win, we win...That's the bottom line of football, is to win that weeks game. I don't wish bad on any player to be hurt or out..but its football and it happens...

Tennessee Titans left tackle Michael Roos could be in danger of missing the first game of his NFL career after undergoing surgery Monday to have his appendix removed.

hope he has full recovery which he will. but not ok enough to play in time sunday and hopefully have Robert Mathis back

Hasselback may not be great, but he's very good. Very.

He's efficient. Doesn't make many mistakes. The team rallies behind him. They believe in him. And, now the Titans seem to have figured out Chris Johnson. He had a big game this weekend. Very.

I don't expect us to win. I won't be shocked if we do, but I'll be surprised. It's not impossible. But this is a very difficult game for the Colts to win. I think we'll have a better shot at them when we play at Lucas Oil.

That said.... I still expect us to be competitive. I expect a better road effort than what we gave vs. Chicago and New York. We need to give the Titans a very good game.

Just my two cents....

I take back what I originally said about Hassleback. Yes, he's not mobile, but as you've mentioned, he's very efficient. I hope we bring the pass rush.

The Titan's defense has not played particularly well so far, and I hope that they do not start playing well this week. The Bills were able to successfully run the ball and pass against them. Of course, what happens in one week doesn't necessarily translate into the other week.

At some point, we as a team have to grow and show that we can win on the road. In my opinion, this is a great opportunity to do just that. I don't expect a win, but I'm very hopeful.

I take back what I originally said about Hassleback. Yes, he's not mobile, but as you've mentioned, he's very efficient. I hope we bring the pass rush.

The Titan's defense has not played particularly well so far, and I hope that they do not start playing well this week. The Bills were able to successfully run the ball and pass against them. Of course, what happens in one week doesn't necessarily translate into the other week.

At some point, we as a team have to grow and show that we can win on the road. In my opinion, this is a great opportunity to do just that. I don't expect a win, but I'm very hopeful.

The point you made that I put into bold is a very, very good one. Not just on the issue you raised, but on many issues in the NFL. Only the very top teams can make things happen week after week after week.

The rest of the NFL... well, it's all very hit and miss. And for a fan that can be incredibly frustrating. But that's life for most of the NFL. What happens one week, doesn't necessarily translate to the next week.

Very well said. A point I hope many here will take to heart.