Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

will luck become first rookie qb to throw for 300 yards in 3 straight games

Stephen

Jets are LAST in the league vs the run so he may not have to pass all that much if Ballard,Carter and Moore are moving the chains. They are 6th vs the pass giving up less then 200 yards a game, again manily because they are so bad vs the run.

Dont live on the unit rankings.....

Jets are good vs the run..They've faced Houston and the 49ers..hard-running teams..

we arent them....

Jets are only good vs. the pass..statistically.... because Houston and SF ran on them

Cromartie is good...by the rest are semi-busters

We'll be throwing

I think he will be able to get this. I am somewhat surprised this benchmark hasn't already been set. The times, they are a changin'.

As others are saying the jets can defend the run and with D. Brown down I don't see us successfuly pounding the ball all game. I know some of you are pretty high on Vic Ballard but I have my doubts that he can be effective all game.

As to the Jets secondary. It pains me to say this, as a Boise State fan, but if Luck targets whoever Kyle Wilson is covering he will have a good night. I had such high hopes for him coming out of college, but that kid is a bust of an NFL DB.

Cromartie is going to be all over Reggie. That doesn't mean he won't be open, but it will leave easier targets. Perhaps this is the week Fleener emerges.

I thought Cam broke this record last year, but I could be wrong.

My answer, is yes he will because of the inexperience of Ballard, in order to win the game, he will need to throw a lot

Yeah, I thought the same thing earlier, but he threw for 422 vs. Arizona, 432 vs. GB, 158 vs. the Jags and then 374 vs. the Bears. He didn't have another 300 yd passing game the rest of season.

Yeah, I thought the same thing earlier, but he threw for 422 vs. Arizona, 432 vs. GB, 158 vs. the Jags and then 374 vs. the Bears. He didn't have another 300 yd passing game the rest of season.

Interesting, thank you for doing the work of finding that. I remember that Kevin Kolb holds the record of 300 yards in his first 3 games as a starter.

More importantly, what happened to Cam Newton this year. Glad Andrew stayed in school another year

I think that we will come out guns ablazing in the first half and hopefully climb out to a comfortable lead. Then, given Arian's recent history of choosing to run out the clock with a lead, we run the ball most of the second half. Luck narrowly misses out on the record.

I think we should be cautious in thinking this is an easy task! I actually think he'll beat it, but only because we'll be trailing. Jets isn't a walkover just because we beat the Packers. We lost to a worse team in Jacksonville, so anything can happen. But if trailing, then yes.

I just dont think the numbers lie below are the avg rushing yards per game for each team minus the Jets game and then what they did vs Jets

Buf 131.5 yds avg went for 195 ( +63.5)

Pitt 79.7 yds avg went for 66 (-13.7)

Mia 123.2 yds avg went for 185 (+ 61.8)

SF 184.0 yds avg went for 245 (+ 61.0)

Hou 136.5 yds avg went for 169 (+32.5)

I understand injuries, fluke plays, bad calls etc BUT allowing teams an extra 41.0 yrds per game isnt a 5-10 or even 15 yard bump it is significant and shows an obvious problem. Colts currently ranked 19 in the league rushing for 97.5 yards per game with that same bump look for 138-139 yards rushing on Sunday.