Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown

BleedingBlue

If we could ever give him the blocking we gave Edge back in the day Brown would be a star. I've really come around on Brown. He's got speed and lowered his shoulder several times today to get an extra yard. His biggest challenge remains the line blocking in front of him. I did notice they were calling more runs to the outside today unlike last week which was good to see.

Donald Brown had a tremendous game today. If he didn't get hit so often and so far in the backfield, he would've had a career game today.

And to note, he trucked quite a few defenders today and picked up extra yards. He looks like he can actually get extra yards after contact, when he's not hit as soon as he gets the ball.

Unless you passing game AND running game are "threatening" then they are useless. If the oppolsitions sees no or little possibility of success they will abandon one and concentrate on the other. The Colts aere again this year without a running" threat". We have a first round draft pick next year, I pray they pick a monster running back.

Unless you passing game AND running game are "threatening" then they are useless. If the oppolsitions sees no or little possibility of success they will abandon one and concentrate on the other. The Colts aere again this year without a running" threat". We have a first round draft pick next year, I pray they pick a monster running back.

You realize without a oline to open any holes, a monster back is not going to help. Getting hit in the backfield by a back is a plan of disaster and that's what we have on our line, a disaster. We need a very solid lineman to match up with canstanzo.

Nobody short of Barry Sanders could run effectively behind our mess of an O line.

From what I saw it seemed both the coaches and Brown have been reading these forums.

I said Donald can;t block or catch so Mewelde Moore seemed to be doing all the blocking and was a check down for Luck.

Then Brown came in to purely run.

Brown showed a lot of heart and even caught a nice pass for a big gain.

As for the comments about running Brown up the middle, I completley agree, Ballard needs to be our middle guy. Brown our misdirection and outside. A good test for Brown will be Texas. darn those guys cover the spread well.

AGAIN!!!! It will do us little good to draft a monster back without a decent OL to block for him.. We need some big bruisers up front to push the defenders out of the way ;)

Why don't we run more stretch plays an screens brown always make big plays in space

That's a good question. I'm guessing it still boils down to the offensive linemen. You need fairly mobile linemen to run both plays. If anything, our linemen are bigger and less mobile than what we've had in the past.

I am not completely sure that Brown could ever be a feature back, but I never want to see him go. He is a big play waiting to happen, and if we ever need a quick score, I am not sure if there is anyone else on the roster I want to have the ball.

I am not completely sure that Brown could ever be a feature back, but I never want to see him go. He is a big play waiting to happen, and if we ever need a quick score, I am not sure if there is anyone else on the roster I want to have the ball.

Hard to be a Feature Back when your Front 5 won't Block for you

That's a good question. I'm guessing it still boils down to the offensive linemen. You need fairly mobile linemen to run both plays. If anything, our linemen are bigger and less mobile than what we've had in the past.

I mean even when we have te sets we should try to run on edges can run up middle