Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 calls Rams dirty

chad72

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/washington-redskins-rg3-robert-griffin-iii-says-he-can-take-hits-chides-st-louis-rams-092012

Not the first time one would think a team with Cortland Finnegan coached by Jeff Fisher being a chippy team, would you? :)

Oh, we Colts fans know it all too well, they were always coached to be chippy by Jeff Fisher and his defensive co-ordinator Chuck Cecil. No wonder Jeff Fisher wanted Gregg Williams for DC. :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only his 2nd regular season game and already he cant keep his comments to himself? Even if the Rams did talk smack to RGIII, he knows it's football and it's a physical game. If he thinks the Rams are bad, he should play Ray Lewis and the Ravens! On the field, Ray Lewis never stops talking.

It's only his 2nd regular season game and already he cant keep his comments to himself? Even if the Rams did talk smack to RGIII, he knows it's football and it's a physical game. If he thinks the Rams are bad, he should play Ray Lewis and the Ravens! On the field, Ray Lewis never stops talking.

Excellent point.....a whole lotta trash talking....we can talk back to the Larry Bird/Reggie Miller days too.....and boy do I love Ray Lewis. :D

Welcome to the NFL cherry pie.

Griffin is two games into the NFL and already whining :facepalm:

We lost so it must be the refs or another bounty in st louis...lame.

He wasn't whining, he was merely pointing something out. Whining would be begging the refs to do their jobs and restrain dirty tactics used by defensive players taking advantage of the ref lockout. He never said it had anything to do with bounties...in fact he said it had nothing to do with the bounties, but that the players were probably told to hit him every chance they got. It's no secret that many people think Griffin is injury prone and will be out of the game after one bad sack...which turned out to not be true. The guy has 526 yards and 3 touchdowns, plus he beat a team that many predicted to blow his team out of the water. He has the right to complain about the poor sportsmanship of other players, loss or not. He's not the only player complaining nowadays either, though I'm not condoning blaming the referees, which Griffin certainly did not do.

I like RGIII but between this and how he keeps covering up the Nike logo even though the league told him to stop and he knows it violates uniform rules... I'm starting to change my opinion a little.

Interesting I didn't know this... I have to admit I don't like him based on the media comparison all the time and all the hype which is not his fault so I am trying to fight that in my head!

Say what you will about Griffin commenting about it in front of a mic but the game was definitely uncommonly chippy and there was a lot of extracurricular activity after the whistle. That's just what happens when you mix a Jeff Fisher team (starring Cortland Finnegan) with replacement refs.

Labeling this as whining is hyperbole at best.

Ya... RG3 has had very smooth sailing so far... But take a peek at the "future of the game's" schedule coming up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/was/schedule

heeh.e... dude only gets to play NO and STL once this season..... The 1st and 4th worst D's against QB's through week 2.

Reality is setting in ......

He wasn't whining, he was merely pointing something out. Whining would be begging the refs to do their jobs and restrain dirty tactics used by defensive players taking advantage of the ref lockout. He never said it had anything to do with bounties...in fact he said it had nothing to do with the bounties, but that the players were probably told to hit him every chance they got. It's no secret that many people think Griffin is injury prone and will be out of the game after one bad sack...which turned out to not be true. The guy has 526 yards and 3 touchdowns, plus he beat a team that many predicted to blow his team out of the water. He has the right to complain about the poor sportsmanship of other players, loss or not. He's not the only player complaining nowadays either, though I'm not condoning blaming the referees, which Griffin certainly did not do.

Just wait until this "kid" starts getting hit..... a lot....

hehe...

Just wait until this "kid" starts getting hit..... a lot....

hehe...

He better be careful becauses he's 1 hit away from the hardest hit in in his life. There's a lot of linebackers and safeties out there that could just lay him out. These are not college kids.

that's what defenses do, hitting people, get to the QB knock him down to get the ball...

I'm guessing you didn't read the article or listen to what Griffin was saying. The Rams players slammed his head down to the ground on more than one occasion, but he was only sacked once the entire game. I'm sure you know what this is about. They are testing him, as so many seem to assume he is injury prone. That combined with the fact that the referees are less likely to give them penalties.

He better be careful becauses he's 1 hit away from the hardest hit in in his life. There's a lot of linebackers and safeties out there that could just lay him out. These are not college kids.

I think this goes for every quarterback in the NFL.

I wouldn't catorgerise his comments as "whining", I thought his comments were carefully worded and made his point well. Though I do think that his mention of bounties (even in the form of saying I'm not comparing this to bounties) was a bit silly. I would normally say that if the hits were really late, or vindictive they would have been flagged.... with real zebras, with the replacements I'm not so sure but hey he took his licks and kept getting up so fair play.

What I don't like is the side issues going on like the Addidas vs Nike, at this stage of his career all we should be talking about is his performances (good or bad), but I suppose this is the world we live in now.

I get the feeling from some replies though there is a still a bit or Luck vs RG3 rivalry on these here forums. :D

I wouldn't catorgerise his comments as "whining", I thought his comments were carefully worded and made his point well. Though I do think that his mention of bounties (even in the form of saying I'm not comparing this to bounties) was a bit silly. I would normally say that if the hits were really late, or vindictive they would have been flagged.... with real zebras, with the replacements I'm not so sure but hey he took his licks and kept getting up so fair play.

What I don't like is the side issues going on like the Addidas vs Nike, at this stage of his career all we should be talking about is his performances (good or bad), but I suppose this is the world we live in now.

I get the feeling from some replies though there is a still a bit or Luck vs RG3 rivalry on these here forums. :D

Yes, unfortunately. A little Manning v.s. Colts rivalry kind of thing too.

Yes, unfortunately. A little Manning v.s. Colts rivalry kind of thing too.

Didn't quite put that across how I meant it, I think it's only natural that there is what I'd call banter about other team's players, especially a rival team's (though are the 'Skins really rivals?)but a lot of this seems to be an extension of the we should draft Luck/RG3 arguments. The draft is done and whether you think it's for better or worse we've gone with Andrew. Personally I think both have played well above a "normal" rookie level albeit in different ways due to the circumstances around them. Early days for both and I look forward to watching both their careers develop, though obiviosly with a little bias towards Mr. Luck.

I like RG3 but in this case some things are just better left unsaid. He is a rookie with only 2 NFL games under his belt. He should not be popping off and giving opposing defenses extra motivation to want to knock him on his rear even more. He needs to just chalk it up to experience, make a mental note of it and adapt his game accordingly. No need to even dignify the Rams tactics by commenting about them. He is just confirming that they rattled him. Like one of the Rams players said, "This is the NFL not the Big 12." Adjust.

If anyone has a right to complain..it's Michael Vick, an established veteran who for years has been getting much worse than anything RG3 experienced last Sunday. That guy has been taking a pounding for years due to the way he plays his position. RG3 poses a similar threat with his running ability perhaps even more so because he has pocket passing ability as well, so he will just have to expect the extra "attention" and learn to overcome it. For now, I will simply file this away as a rookie moment. He'll learn.

But not more so for rushing QBs?

He's on track for 160att.... 40 more than Cam had last year and 36more than Vick ever has.

So much for the "he's not a running QB" crowd.

Newton has 5games of 9 or more Rushing Att. Vick has had 32.....RG3 has had it in both games he's played....

He's on track for 160att.... 40 more than Cam had last year and 36more than Vick ever has.

Newton has 5games of 9 or more Rushing Att. Vick has had 32.....RG3 has had it in both games he's played....

Wow, I'm kinda surprised about how often he runs. And when I'm talking about taking hits, I'm not talking accumulative hits, I'm talking about a big, knock out hit from nowhere. Sure he got hit in college, but will be able to take a huge hit from the likes of Laundry or James Harrison, with his slight build?

I saw the game and the interview later in the week - reporters asked several pointed questions and Griff tried to dance around them at first. Media will run with it of course and everyone will read the article (or more likely just the headline) and conclude whining. Hardly whining for anyone that actually took the time to see for themselves.

Take everything with a grain of salt if you don't see it first hand (the games or the interviews). Some stuff that gets put out there is so horribly distorted that its mind-blowing.

As for the running - the play calls are designed with several built in options (typically at least 3) - run or not isn't decided until after the snap. Several of the runs vs the rams were due to pressure and coverage and as a last resort. Griff goes through his progressions pretty well. He's not running after the 1st read like Vick did in Atlanta. So far Griff has been elusive enough to not take one crushing blow. The two biggest hits I've seen so far have both occurred in the pocket while throwing. Easier to avoid hits once you tuck and run because you have an easier time seeing what's coming. Much more vulnerable in the pocket looking down field.

I like RG3....but he directly used the word bounty? Where is Cris Carter C'Mon man!

He said he wasn't calling it a bounty. He said they were going after him, but in a football context. He acknowledged that all defenses are going to try and go after him and test him. The kid isn't dumb.

I dont recall a season starting like this before - maybe its the media I've been blaming for creating stories rather than simply reporting them, but this season there seems to be a whole lot of cry baby attitudes thus far and it started in week one! I guess entitlement nation and the spoiled athletes with egos larger than life its bound to continue to get worse!

I saw the game and the interview later in the week - reporters asked several pointed questions and Griff tried to dance around them at first. Media will run with it of course and everyone will read the article (or more likely just the headline) and conclude whining. Hardly whining for anyone that actually took the time to see for themselves.

Take everything with a grain of salt if you don't see it first hand (the games or the interviews). Some stuff that gets put out there is so horribly distorted that its mind-blowing.

As for the running - the play calls are designed with several built in options (typically at least 3) - run or not isn't decided until after the snap. Several of the runs vs the rams were due to pressure and coverage and as a last resort. Griff goes through his progressions pretty well. He's not running after the 1st read like Vick did in Atlanta. So far Griff has been elusive enough to not take one crushing blow. The two biggest hits I've seen so far have both occurred in the pocket while throwing. Easier to avoid hits once you tuck and run because you have an easier time seeing what's coming. Much more vulnerable in the pocket looking down field.

he def took shots outside of the pocket....

Say what you will about Griffin commenting about it in front of a mic but the game was definitely uncommonly chippy and there was a lot of extracurricular activity after the whistle. That's just what happens when you mix a Jeff Fisher team (starring Cortland Finnegan) with replacement refs.

Uncommonly chippy? Meet Mr. Fisher. I think he's is a good coach, however.

He'll...get used to it? Like every other quarterback does? Or do you expect him to "whine" after every single game?

Has Vick gotten used to it? You just cannot run 10+ times a game a be a "reliable" NFL QB. You cant.

RG# has went up against 2 of the 4 worst D' vs QB's in the NFL. He has no idea what awaits and he is laying law down now?

What is "professional" ?? Really ? Getting hit hard and complaining after game 2 of your Pro Career.? And He knows what "professional" I can't wait until his / Washington's schedule kicks in.... and it does.

Sigh........ pampered, entitled, rookie. Oh well.

I'm glad Indy has Luck. He has run for his life HIS first 2 games and not a "P-tweep" out of him.... Just win and move on.

Edited by Coltssouth
Profanity

Good info sound like RG3 is feeling "sore" already... hehe..