Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 calls Rams dirty

chad72

He said he wasn't calling it a bounty. He said they were going after him, but in a football context. He acknowledged that all defenses are going to try and go after him and test him. The kid isn't dumb.

2nd game in the NFL......the word should not have come up.....I know the man is not dumb, and I agree the media just will not quit...especially with the young guys....they kick the old timers too....see Tom Coughlin and Boston Red Sox Bobby Valentine....and the list can go on like the Energizer Bunny. Golic said yesterday "Get used to it my friend.(RG3) They are now coming after you even if it is for a lolipop....." :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd game in the NFL......the word should not have come up.....I know the man is not dumb, and I agree the media just will not quit...especially with the young guys....they kick the old timers too....see Tom Coughlin and Boston Red Sox Bobby Valentine....and the list can go on like the Energizer Bunny. Golic said yesterday "Get used to it my friend.(RG3) They are now coming after you even if it is for a lolipop....." :)

He's pretty.... NFL teams please don't hit RG3.... Let him model his quirky socks and be the personality he wants to be..... Smiling....... and crying in front of the camera. LOL.. hehe..

Lord have mercy.... I have heard and seen it all now.... This just in.... RG3 don't dig you hitting him..

While Luck just works and stays quite. .........

I know who I will bet on in the end.

He's pretty.... NFL teams please don't hit RG3.... Let him model his quirky socks and be the personality he wants to be..... Smiling....... and crying in front of the camera. LOL.. hehe..

Lord have mercy.... I have heard and seen it all now.... This just in.... RG3 don't dig you hitting him..

Not bashing RGS's style here....I am merely stating what he should expect from this week forward.

Just as Schiano should have his OL and DL prepared to be hit with a second left in ANY quarter, RG3 needs to be prepared to be hit by players that wish to make him look like a bobble-head.

In the same discussion with Golic mentioned above, ESPN's Mike Hill stated "There are guys in this league that would go after RG3 that hard if he was carrying a new-born.'" While that shocked me, so did RG3's 'disdain' toward getting hit......Fair game outside the pocket, and we know play inside the pocket can be 'hurtful' as well.

Edited by BrentMc11

I don't really disagree with you if your point was that the word should not have been used in any context. The questions from the reporters were leading up to that were kind of pushing in that direction though. During the course of the interview, I half expected it at some point.

As for the hits outside the pocket, none of them were that bad. Its different taking a shot while running then standing still in the pocket - you're able to brace for them and absorb the blow. I'm not saying he won't take a big shot at some point, but I will say that he's more likely to get a kill shot in the pocket then out of it. Just like a WR being exposed going up for a catch vs running with the ball.

Did Griff tell defenses what bothered him? Nah...nothing different than any other QB. Does Griff want to get hit? Of course not, no QB does. He knows the game and what defenses are going to do to him though. Now defensive coaches and players are going to say if you hit Griff, it will rattle him and throw him off his game? They say the same thing about Tom Brady who certainly doesn't like to get hit either and some of his actions during the preseason could have been construed as whining just as easily as Griff's comments. None of this is anything different than what's being said in every other defensive meeting room every week. Too much is being read into this. Griff is going to be fine. If Griff isn't going to be fine for any reason, it certainly won't be because of this interview.

Griff's exposure vs Luck working and staying quiet.....apples and oranges. Griff is working every bit as hard as Luck is. He's also able to handle the spotlight along with it. Luck could probably handle it too if he chose to. How each of them chose to market themselves is irrelevant. I guarantee you though, both of them are busting their butts in the film room and on the practice field.

I don't really disagree with you if your point was that the word should not have been used in any context. The questions from the reporters were leading up to that were kind of pushing in that direction though. During the course of the interview, I half expected it at some point.

As for the hits outside the pocket, none of them were that bad. Its different taking a shot while running then standing still in the pocket - you're able to brace for them and absorb the blow. I'm not saying he won't take a big shot at some point, but I will say that he's more likely to get a kill shot in the pocket then out of it. Just like a WR being exposed going up for a catch vs running with the ball.

Did Griff tell defenses what bothered him? Nah...nothing different than any other QB. Does Griff want to get hit? Of course not, no QB does. He knows the game and what defenses are going to do to him though. Now defensive coaches and players are going to say if you hit Griff, it will rattle him and throw him off his game? They say the same thing about Tom Brady who certainly doesn't like to get hit either and some of his actions during the preseason could have been construed as whining just as easily as Griff's comments. None of this is anything different than what's being said in every other defensive meeting room every week. Too much is being read into this. Griff is going to be fine. If Griff isn't going to be fine for any reason, it certainly won't be because of this interview.

Griff's exposure vs Luck working and staying quiet.....apples and oranges. Griff is working every bit as hard as Luck is. He's also able to handle the spotlight along with it. Luck could probably handle it too if he chose to. How each of them chose to market themselves is irrelevant. I guarantee you though, both of them are busting their butts in the film room and on the practice field.

I actually think we are in pretty much total agreement....You tend to back your points well....and I happened to like RG3 better at one point last season when I did not think Andrew wanted to be here.

I then watched RG3 in the Alamo Bowl about 7 times to analyze and I still loved the man......until the same play he got knocked silly at the goal line and wobbled like a prize fighter. I like many analysts...amateur and expert....started to seriously worry about injury. Then the mentioning of them "really coming after him" makes you think a little more. All I can say is is I a DC....I am going to hit him clean and hard anytime I can. I think we call that NFL Football. :)

RG3's 'disdain' toward getting hit....

not directed at you in particular but general question -- where did this even come from? I see no signs of his "disdain". In fact he said quite the opposite. His exact words concerning the hits and physicality were "bring it on". He just shrugged and said "that's football". "We're all grown men out here." The clip in the OP is 5% of the entire press conference and its blowing up. What he has disdain for is the late hits and having his head pushed into the turf as players get up off him. There was more going on in that game than what you typically see, just like in a lot of games this past weekend.

not directed at you in particular but general question -- where did this even come from? I see no signs of his "disdain". In fact he said quite the opposite. His exact words concerning the hits and physicality were "bring it on". He just shrugged and said "that's football". "We're all grown men out here." The clip in the OP is 5% of the entire press conference and its blowing up. What he has disdain for is the late hits and having his head pushed into the turf as players get up off him. There was more going on in that game than what you typically see, just like in a lot of games this past weekend.

'disdain' was implied.....maybe a bad word choice by me....he just needs to know this can mean Not For Long....all players do. Remember...I like the kid!!

I think we call that NFL Football. :)

haha...oh yeah for sure :) That hit during the bowl game was pretty bad too and I couldn't help but laugh a little at his wobbling, but my basic stance is that his odds of taking a kill shot are higher being exposed in the pocket while looking down field. Of course that's not to say he won't ever take a big shot anywhere else either. Players like him come with an inherently higher injury risk of course, however I wouldn't equate him to Vick though and how much abuse he's taken over the years. Griff is quite a bit further along as a QB than Vick was Griff consistently gets rid of the ball inside of 3 seconds. When they dial up the deep play, its almost always with play-action and a moving pocket to buy him more time. Its also harder to land a big shot on a QB when he's moving.

Remember...I like the kid!!

haha...yeah I wrote that last post as you were typing your last one up too. :) Of all the fanbases I've talked with, there is more vitriol here towards Griff and sometimes you just get used to defending. Granted its a pretty small sample size here among all fans :)

haha...yeah I wrote that last post as you were typing your last one up too. :) Of all the fanbases I've talked with, there is more vitriol here towards Griff and sometimes you just get used to defending. Granted its a pretty small sample size here among all fans :)

Good discussion this morning! Thanks! I was hoping someone was on to talk logically to start my football day....after my fiance just had to leave :( Oh well....fun stuff stat2883!!! Funny you mentioned the same wobble...:)

Has Vick gotten used to it? You just cannot run 10+ times a game a be a "reliable" NFL QB. You cant.

RG# has went up against 2 of the 4 worst D' vs QB's in the NFL. He has no idea what awaits and he is laying law down now?

What is "professional" ?? Really ? Getting hit hard and complaining after game 2 of your Pro Career.? And He knows what "professional" I can't wait until his / Washington's schedule kicks in.... and it does.

Sigh........ pampered, entitled, rookie. Oh well.

I'm glad Indy has Luck. He has run for his life HIS first 2 games and not a "P-tweep" out of him.... Just win and move on.

Your animosity and blue glasses are overwhelming. It's a pity. He is a professional since, you know, he's getting paid, pretty heftily, for what he does. Rodgers, Elway, Cam, tell them that a running quarterback cannot be successful. Your argument is so one-sided it's ridiculous. Luck has faced...The Vikings. He didn't get roughly shoved into the ground 5 seconds after the whistle on several occasions. I can't wait till Washington's schedule kicks in as well...because Griffin is probably headed to the playoffs this season. I know that probably makes your eyes bleed but oh well. Just because you chose Luck doesn't mean Griffin is pampered or entitled. He has a great personality and that is interpreted poorly by a lot of the das around here. You're in for a whole lot of trouble if you think Griffin is not going to be successful this season. He didn't blame any of his teammates, all he did was point something out that was clearly horrible. You think if Peyton Manning gets hit 10 seconds after the whistle blows for 5 or more plays that he won't complain about it? Get a life, your hatred is suspicious and ridiculous all at the same time.

So he's a villain because he has action figures, makes commercials, wears different socks than everyone else, and doesn't like dirty play from other players. Nice. The guy should be sent to jail, he just can't do anything right. :bored:

Not bashing RGS's style here....I am merely stating what he should expect from this week forward.

Just as Schiano should have his OL and DL prepared to be hit with a second left in ANY quarter, RG3 needs to be prepared to be hit by players that wish to make him look like a bobble-head.

In the same discussion with Golic mentioned above, ESPN's Mike Hill stated "There are guys in this league that would go after RG3 that hard if he was carrying a new-born.'" While that shocked me, so did RG3's 'disdain' toward getting hit......Fair game outside the pocket, and we know play inside the pocket can be 'hurtful' as well.

It's not about getting hit...of course he knows he's gonna get hit. For anyone that actually listened to the press conference or read the article, it's about the extracurricular stuff. Watch that game and tell me how many times you see Griffin get his head slammed down into the dirt or get hit late. Jeff Fisher's players are totally taking advantage of the referees. Of course I'm not blaming you for the complete misunderstanding Brent. A lot of people around here seem to have intentionally taken this the wrong way, but I know you haven't. I know you like the guy. :D

It's not about getting hit...of course he knows he's gonna get hit. For anyone that actually listened to the press conference or read the article, it's about the extracurricular stuff. Watch that game and tell me how many times you see Griffin get his head slammed down into the dirt or get hit late. Jeff Fisher's players are totally taking advantage of the referees. Of course I'm not blaming you for the complete misunderstanding Brent. A lot of people around here seem to have intentionally taken this the wrong way, but I know you haven't. I know you like the guy. :D

No problem Quiz. I just got the soundbites of things the media wanted to hear, and I was just saying what the responses were by Golic and Mike Hill....as well as not mentioning Stephen Jackson laughing about it. I do think you are correct that Fisher's boys.....and some others are utilizing the weak officiating to 'Do their thing.' By that I mean...'put a hurtin on em.' Thanks for the response.

I liked the Redskins when Billy Kilmer threw wounded ducks.....I like the play of this young man.

I liked the Redskins when Billy Kilmer threw wounded ducks.....I like the play of this young man.

those were the golden years of football....when WRs had to fight off contact 20 yards down field and you could pile drive a QB into the ground and not get flagged. I love me some defense! :) Honestly though I'm glad they ruled those kinds of things out. There was some vicious hitting going on. ....and Kilmer had one of the ugliest balls ever maybe :)

oh please would people stop acting like griffin was getting stomped on after the whistle. all he got was a little head shove a lot of rookies probably get. and he let the rams know he didn't like getting hit in the first half by whining to the officials which u clearly hear in the first half....even the commentators heard it.

Your animosity and blue glasses are overwhelming. It's a pity. He is a professional since, you know, he's getting paid, pretty heftily, for what he does. Rodgers, Elway, Cam, tell them that a running quarterback cannot be successful. Your argument is so one-sided it's ridiculous. Luck has faced...The Vikings. He didn't get roughly shoved into the ground 5 seconds after the whistle on several occasions. I can't wait till Washington's schedule kicks in as well...because Griffin is probably headed to the playoffs this season. I know that probably makes your eyes bleed but oh well. Just because you chose Luck doesn't mean Griffin is pampered or entitled. He has a great personality and that is interpreted poorly by a lot of the das around here. You're in for a whole lot of trouble if you think Griffin is not going to be successful this season. He didn't blame any of his teammates, all he did was point something out that was clearly horrible. You think if Peyton Manning gets hit 10 seconds after the whistle blows for 5 or more plays that he won't complain about it? Get a life, your hatred is suspicious and ridiculous all at the same time.

headed to the playoffs? they have faced a saints team that has looked awful and a team that won two games last year....and oh yeah, they lost to the team that won two games last year. plus, their lost their best pass rusher for the year. they will be a decent team, but they will prob finish last in their division.

headed to the playoffs? they have faced a saints team that has looked awful and a team that won two games last year....and oh yeah, they lost to the team that won two games last year. plus, their lost their best pass rusher for the year. they will be a decent team, but they will prob finish last in their division.

Remember the Saints were absolutely 'juiced' at home and almost got blown out of the same building we got beat 62-7 in.....I was amazed how easily RG3 picked them apart. It was beautiful.

And as to football, I have never been known not to favor leaving some 'blood on the tracks....or 50 yard line for that matter.' I feel that a lot of this was friendly/opinionated debate, and every team should be taking advantage of the SCAB officials.' Not however with intent to 'cart off....' A little extra-curricular never hurt anybody...even in a homeplate collision in baseball....my favorite as a catcher and baserunner. :)

oh please would people stop acting like griffin was getting stomped on after the whistle. all he got was a little head shove a lot of rookies probably get. and he let the rams know he didn't like getting hit in the first half by whining to the officials which u clearly hear in the first half....even the commentators heard it.

Griffin did the same thing pretty much every player does, his voice just happened to get picked up. There's players lobbying to the refs to watch this or that on half the plays in a game - or at least when there's a break in the action.

Most of the comments coming out are on behalf of the team as a whole - not just Griffin. There was plenty going on to other players that is being addressed as well. However since Griffin is the one being quoted, its being taken as just his viewpoint. I don't expect you to take the time to do any kind of research, but if you do, go and check out all the post game pressers and interviews over the last few days by players and coaches alike if you think this is all stemming from one little head shove. Then when you're done there - go and check out the same from most of the other games this past weekend and you'll see a definite trend.

Griffin did the same thing pretty much every player does, his voice just happened to get picked up. There's players lobbying to the refs to watch this or that on half the plays in a game - or at least when there's a break in the action.

Most of the comments coming out are on behalf of the team as a whole - not just Griffin. There was plenty going on to other players that is being addressed as well. However since Griffin is the one being quoted, its being taken as just his viewpoint. I don't expect you to take the time to do any kind of research, but if you do, go and check out all the post game pressers and interviews over the last few days by players and coaches alike if you think this is all stemming from one little head shove. Then when you're done there - go and check out the same from most of the other games this past weekend and you'll see a definite trend.

And as Quizboy...mentioned...and I had to agree.....most of us just heard the 'snippets' the media wanted to hear.....another good point!

n

i never said it stemmed from one little head shove. there was a lot of chippiness and smack talking, but i didn't see anything that was a big deal. like the guy above said that kind of stuff is par for the course when it comes to a jeff fisher coached team.

and he was complaining about a ordinary tackle outside of the pocket...."he was leading with his helmet".... not big deal it was more humorous than anything else.

Remember the Saints were absolutely 'juiced' at home and almost got blown out of the same building we got beat 62-7 in.....I was amazed how easily RG3 picked them apart. It was beautiful.

And as to football, I have never been known not to favor leaving some 'blood on the tracks....or 50 yard line for that matter.' I feel that a lot of this was friendly/opinionated debate, and every team should be taking advantage of the SCAB officials.' Not however with intent to 'cart off....' A little extra-curricular never hurt anybody...even in a homeplate collision in baseball....my favorite as a catcher and baserunner. :)

they're also the team that made the panthers look good. and being "juiced" at home probably last about two plays. having said that griffin did look good in that game, but making the playoffs in that division is going to be extremely difficult.

And as Quizboy...mentioned...and I had to agree.....most of us just heard the 'snippets' the media wanted to hear.....another good point!

yeah that's what gets to be frustrating about the media and choosing what to put out there. Shanahan said he had never been a part of a game like that.

In regards to BLOODontheTRACKS, your post I quoted implied that "all he got was a little head shove". I responded accordingly. Fletcher got a couple late shots, Finnegan did his usual thing. There was a bit of shady tactics being employed by the offensive line in regards to cut blocks (not illegal, but frowned upon). If all you saw was the telecast, then yeah there wasn't a lot that showed up unless you were really looking. Fletcher getting hit while on the ground, a head shove and questionable late hit call on Griff, and Finnegan inciting the Josh Morgan response were about all that was memorable. Go back and watch it again and you'll see more.

they're also the team that made the panthers look good. and being "juiced" at home probably last about two plays. having said that griffin did look good in that game, but making the playoffs in that division is going to be extremely difficult.

Gonna have to agree here too! I hate it when I agree....HA HA!..Who would have thought the defensive changes...and Payton meant THIS much. And Yes RG3 has been flat out impressive....(I am a Colt Guy......just making comments btw...) :)

yeah that's what gets to be frustrating about the media and choosing what to put out there. Shanahan said he had never been a part of a game like that.

In regards to BLOODontheTRACKS, your post I quoted implied that "all he got was a little head shove". I responded accordingly. Fletcher got a couple late shots, Finnegan did his usual thing. There was a bit of shady tactics being employed by the offensive line in regards to cut blocks (not illegal, but frowned upon). If all you saw was the telecast, then yeah there wasn't a lot that showed up unless you were really looking. Fletcher getting hit while on the ground, a head shove and questionable late hit call on Griff, and Finnegan inciting the Josh Morgan response were about all that was memorable. Go back and watch it again and you'll see more.

I will go back and look. I have thoroughly enjoyed the discussion here on both sides!! Good job everyone!! :thmup:

For those interested, here are some of the various interviews etc from the skins during the week where some of the headlines and comments came from, only now in their full context. :) As a side note, I just don't see how you can hate a guy like Griff.

various guys in the locker room post game:

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/Locker_Room_916/29054aa2-a0e5-4c0c-a517-7205b768d6a9

London Fletcher post game:

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/London_Fletcher_916/b1b336e9-1ae7-4300-8613-b6cdc1689ebf

Mike Shanahan post game:

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/Mike_Shanahan_916/db217e77-c4e1-45b9-aa56-cb6c488b8651

Griff post game:

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/Robert_Griffin_III_916/e042c1bd-be26-448e-b2d0-52b875e24ce2

Shanahan on Monday:

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/Mike_Shanahan_917/eb05611d-5d29-438e-b0bd-79cdd92bfc6d

Shanahan on Wednesday:

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/Mike_Shanahan_919/6742d031-7eec-489d-9af9-a08167ecf0d2

Griffin on Wednesday (where most of these headlines came from):

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/Robert_Griffin_III_919/a8b5407b-a4bd-4ea9-8a85-7b92af28cc44

there's various other tidbits out there detailing specific instances, but I've already killed a good chunk of my day on this. :)

For those interested, here are some of the various interviews etc from the skins during the week where some of the headlines and comments came from, only now in their full context. :) As a side note, I just don't see how you can hate a guy like Griff.

various guys in the locker room post game:

http://www.redskins....17-7205b768d6a9

London Fletcher post game:

http://www.redskins....13-b6cdc1689ebf

Mike Shanahan post game:

http://www.redskins....56-cb6c488b8651

Griff post game:

http://www.redskins....d0-52b875e24ce2

Shanahan on Monday:

http://www.redskins....bd-79cdd92bfc6d

Shanahan on Wednesday:

http://www.redskins....f9-a08167ecf0d2

Griffin on Wednesday (where most of these headlines came from):

http://www.redskins....85-7b92af28cc44

there's various other tidbits out there detailing specific instances, but I've already killed a good chunk of my day on this. :)

Thank you...saved my sorry butt some time.... :yahoo::funny:

Thank you...saved my sorry butt some time.... :yahoo::funny:

hehe....any time mate :) If I wasn't up in Canada right now, I'd go back through the game and point out specifics, but since I'm up here I can't access a lot of streaming services (netflix, hulu, NFL Game Rewind, etc), but I did watch it a couple times after along with several other heated games over the past weekend. There is definitely a trend IMO.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 23, 2012 - discussing moderation
Hidden by Nadine, September 23, 2012 - discussing moderation

wow getting warnings

RG3 is the next Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck has to catch up!

http://m.theatlantic...manning/262678/

((this is like the equivalent of farting in a crowded elevator just to see everyone's reaction)) :hide:

Sigh and a Colt sight has to put up with it.

And I get a WARNING FOR defending the .... OUR TEAM?

for TRUTH...

OK QUIZ , UJMMMMM RG

So he's a villain because he has action figures, makes commercials, wears different socks than everyone else, and doesn't like dirty play from other players. Nice. The guy should be sent to jail, he just can't do anything right. :bored:

:lol: Yeah...that about sums it up. I still think RG3 would have been better served keeping those particular comments to himself but I have to agree that the amount of hate RG3 gets around here borders on the ridiculous. I don't personally dislike him though... I just want Luck to do better because he's our guy. If we picked RG3 then I would be the same way.

:lol: Yeah...that about sums it up. I still think RG3 would have been better served keeping those particular comments to himself but I have to agree that the amount of hate RG3 gets around here borders on the ridiculous. I don't personally dislike him though... I just want Luck to do better because he's our guy. If we picked RG3 then I would be the same way.

Yep, completely understandable. I like that kind of thinking from fans of quarterbacks who are going to be linked their entire careers. :yes: It's completely rational, unlike some of the other stuff I've seen hahaha.

It's only his 2nd regular season game and already he cant keep his comments to himself? Even if the Rams did talk smack to RGIII, he knows it's football and it's a physical game. If he thinks the Rams are bad, he should play Ray Lewis and the Ravens! On the field, Ray Lewis never stops talking.

He can take that stupid sleeve and that ridiculous Micheal Jackson glove and he can go sit in the corner.