Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets talk some bears!

StewieG

First off I just want to say YAY ITS TIME FOR THE FIRST OFFICIAL REGULAR SEASON GAME! WOO HOO! THE START OF A NEW ERA!

It will be interesting to see what Luck can do against this pretty decent Bears D. It will be a pretty big challenge for sure. And it will be interesting to see how our D will be against a (probably) pretty good bears offense.

Let's do talk bears.

I went dabears.com forums and they are certainly not talking about us!!!

Offense and ST should be pretty good for da Bears. Not full strength Urlacher leads the D.

Can our Oline stop Peppers and co.? I don't know. I don't know. Here's to a good game from AC!

It's Bear Huntin season!

Urlacher not being 100% can only help but I am much more worried about going up against Peppers with a second year tackle, rookie blocking tightend and rookie QB.

I don't expect the Colts to win this game but I think we'll get our first honest look at what the defense is going to be. I think they stayed very plain during the pre-season. I am not expecting greatness but it will be interesting to see if they can give the Bears some looks they aren't expecting. Like all games this season I am just looking for signs of progress.

I'm not too worried about pass protection. There's more than one way to skin a cat. We can get the quarterback on the move, we can use tight ends and backs, etc., to manufacture protection. I'm more worried about the lack of a threat in the run game, which will lead to the Bears keeping seven in coverage all game long and forcing the rookie to read coverages and make great throws.

Defensively, Matt Forte is the kind of back that can wreak havoc against us, if the tackling isn't up to par.

I couldn't think of a much better team to be playing week 1. And if we have to go to Chicago I would much rather it be in September. Since there is next to no footage of our team for them to use I think we can surprise them a lot with our formations and hopefully our D can cause some havoc. As Superman said Forte will be the key for the Bears because if he's having a good game their O will be a hard one to deal with. We'll learn a lot about our beloved Colts right off the bat. Can't wait for Sunday! GO COLTS!!!!!!

I imagine Forte will do some serious harm to us. Our o-line also hasn't faced anyone like Julius Peppers yet. Urlacher is also expected to play. If Forte runs the ball effectively, Cutler can go playaction on us, and he has a big arm, so expect him to take those shots deep. We're also playing at the Bears, which will complicate our group consisting mostly of rookies and young players.

I just don't see us winning this one. Luck will learn quickly though and embrace this loss.

im excited to see how we fare against Forte not only on the running game bu ton the passing game...what LB is going to cover him? vontae on marshall should be sweet, satelle vs paea like another poster mentioned shoould be good too...and of course castonzo vs peppers.

honestly if we can force them on some obvios passing situations, 3 & 7, 3 & 5 etc... I really like our chances, they wont stop mathis and freeney...much less when we blitz, that OL wont hold up. Carimi is barely making it bad from a bad knee injury, their LT (i forgot his name) is nothing out of the ordinary and their middle of the OL is just meh.

im dying to see fleener and allen vs Urlacher and Brigss...should be a good parameter for them. And quite honestly, i think Wayne/Collie are gonna abuse Jennings. lets hope brazil/hilton/avery can make those S play away from the box because they are afraid they will get burned by any of those 3.

This is just my Opinion.....but I believe our Offense is too Fast for the Aging Bears defense. And with Urlacher (No matter how fine he says he is) not being 100%, this could be an advantage to us. You can't run well with your Knee not being in Good Health. Last I checked, your Knee played a big role in you running

except now they got two dangerous receivers to go with a pretty darn good Cutler (when he gets protected by his O Line). if our O Line provides protection and some running lanes here or there then we should be able to stay with them (unless some of our young rookies drop passes) till the end and if we can force a turnover then we can win, unfortunately I think that Bears defense has to many weapons even if Urlacher isn't 100 percent, they have Peppers, Briggs, Tillman isn't elite but he is good, also Idonije and Shea Mclellin, they are going to presure pressure pressure Luck and he has to throw into that pressure to get them to peel off, some short quick routes, some draws and screens with some deep in routes over the middle of the field should do it, also a healthy dose of the ground game, running about 20-25 times, doesn't have to be for alot of yards but they have to run to keep the Bears pass rush honest, I wouldnt have Luck dropping back 45 times to throw it on this defense and abandoning the run thats suicide with our O Line

This game is so important, also will be so hard, but could be a 3-0 start going to the bye week. Honestly I don't think we will win it but who knows? That's why games are played. Imagine going into the bye week with a 3-0 record, the return of angerer no major injuries and a good game plan againts the packers at home could be a 4-0. Jajajaja kind of improbable but just dreaming.

At their core, Chicago's still a run-based offense whose passing game will build off of that.

If we can't stop the run, we're in for a long day of Chicago grinding the clock and killing us with deep play-action passes to their big WR's. Front 7 play is crucial. Not having Angerer hurts, but hopefully Freeman's ready to step up because Chicago's going to test him early. They're not stupid and the first thing any smart coach does when a team loses a key guy is to target his backup.

If we can stop (or at least contain) the run, we can force Cutler into mistakes because their pass blocking isn't much. But we've got to play sound run D to make that happen.

Cutler can't play well if he's on his back. I'm hoping our front 7 can exploit a questionable o-line.

(Rotoworld) Bears head coach Lovie Smith officially named J'Marcus Webb the team's starting left tackle, as expected. Analysis: Webb, albeit underwhelmingly, beat out former first-round pick Chris Williams for the right to "protect" Jay Cutler's blindside. It's going to be an ongoing issue all season. The first test for Webb is Dwight Freeney and the Colts' new 3-4 look in Week 1.

This sounds like Freeney's perfect opportunity to showcase his new "role".

I think on offense, we should be alright. We won't be able to run the ball as usual...but the Bears' Cover 2 will keep Fleener open up the seem all day long. My worry is on defense. If Vontae can take Marshall out of the equation, Powers can defend against Jeffery/Bennett, the D-line can look better than ever and if the linebackers can not only blitz well but defend against the Bears screen pass...we might have a shot at not getting beat too bad.

(Rotoworld) Bears head coach Lovie Smith officially named J'Marcus Webb the team's starting left tackle, as expected. Analysis: Webb, albeit underwhelmingly, beat out former first-round pick Chris Williams for the right to "protect" Jay Cutler's blindside. It's going to be an ongoing issue all season. The first test for Webb is Dwight Freeney and the Colts' new 3-4 look in Week 1.

This sounds like Freeney's perfect opportunity to showcase his new "role".

Interesting. Hopefully this is something Freeney can exploit.