Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Front Office: Please Hire A Coach

TN_Colts_Fan_18

I'm just wondering if there are any other Colts fans out there that agree with me that they should hire a head coach? Why does it seem that this front office has never been committed to hiring a coach? Tony Dungy road Manning's coat tail the whole time he was here and it seemed as when they promoted Jim Caldwell, it was a joke. With possibly the best and smartest QB in the history of the NFL, why can't they just get Manning a head coach to work with. Jim Caldwell couldn't coach a little league football team and he is only here because Mannning has made him look good over the past 2 years. Without Manning this team wins 3 games at most, but without Manning and a head coach that can actually read a playbook, this team could compete. Is anyone with me on this?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a head coach. This thread is out of line.

This team is garbage without Manning and I think it is showing that. I'm not saying let's hire a new coach with the season getting ready to start. I'm just wondering when the Colts organization is going to get serious and hire a coach. Does anybody not realize the only reason this team wins is because of Peyton Manning. When he is gone let's see how well Caldwell can coach.

This team is garbage without Manning and I think it is showing that. I'm not saying let's hire a new coach with the season getting ready to start. I'm just wondering when the Colts organization is going to get serious and hire a coach. Does anybody not realize the only reason this team wins is because of Peyton Manning. When he is gone let's see how well Caldwell can coach.

To be fair has any coach not won without a good to great qb?Your theory means dungy was not a partial reason we won a super bowl.Not fair.

i say..i say... u might have something there sir. Loved dungy as a person, never thought he was a great coach of x's and o's. caldwell...dont need to say anything about that mess. I will say that at the beginning of mannings career he needed an easy going coach. someone to stroke his ego and never talk bad about his play. mora tried to scold manning a few times and it just ticked manning off and got him fired. manning was lets say, very confident in himself when he was younger. alot of his teamates repected him, but i am not to sure liked him. lol. i know him and wayne took awhile to get to know eachother lets say and even though harrison respected him i dont think they even talked to each other on the field. but now i think a strong leader would be good for this team. too many superstars that might be alittle to inlove with themselves these days. Maybe. not saying i know anything lol. i am pretty sure caldwell isnt the answer at head coach though. but at the end of the season, not now.

We have a good coach who has made some stupid decisions. He's only been a coach for 2 years, and he's already been to a SB. All he needs is experience.

The point I'm trying to make is why did they hire this guy in the first place? Should a team as prestigious as the Colts get a guy with no head coaching experience? Oh I forgot, he was Manning's QB coach, before. I believe anyone on this board would be successful as Manning's QB coach lmao

wow, the board wasn't nearly as crazy last year or even in '08 when we thought the sky was falling.

this place is out of control. Week 1 can't get here soon enough.

Actually, I thought there were some thoughtful posts here. We all know the FO isn't going to make a coaching change at this point.

Now, if you're talking about ST coaching...

I think everyone is getting the wrong idea here. I'm not calling for the firing of Caldwell, at this point before the season. I'm just really back tracking and asking why was this guy ever hired and if Manning comes out and suffers an injury and is gone for the season, and the Colt's lose 12 games, which will happen, will they get serious about the head coaching job?

I think everyone is getting the wrong idea here. I'm not calling for the firing of Caldwell, at this point before the season. I'm just really back tracking and asking why was this guy ever hired and if Manning comes out and suffers an injury and is gone for the season, and the Colt's lose 12 games, which will happen, will they get serious about the head coaching job?

If peyton does not play,and they lose 12 games like you say, i think caldwell will not be fired.I think the front office understands this.

We obviously can't fire a coach heading into the season, but it can be argued that he has been outcoached in each of the Colts last 2 playoff games. If he has another egregious coaching blunder in the playoffs this year, I think it has to at least be considered to look in another direction pretty soon. I don't like that Caldwell seems to have run off all the old guard of the coaching staff (which laid the foundation of what the Colts offense is today) and imported his guys. Moore, Huey and Mudd deserved better. They were lifers, in my opinion.

I'd love to see the Colts bring in a coach like Gruden. He's a offensive minded coach with the aggression of a defensive coach. He's familiar with the Tampa-2, so he wouldn't ruffle any feathers with a drastic scheme change. He would offer different concepts to the offense (because he's a football junkie who is constantly studying the game) but would still have enough respect for Peyton to let him do his thing (ala Tom Moore.) I just think he would bring an overall swagger and confidence to the team that is currently not here with this coaching staff.

We have a good coach who has made some stupid decisions. He's only been a coach for 2 years, and he's already been to a SB. All he needs is experience.

I seriously doubt that experience will help Caldwell any at all. He already stated that the stupid decisions that he made were good decisions and he would make the same decisions again if given the chance. As long as Peyton wins games, Caldwell will be coaching. When Peyton leaves or if he starts to seriously decline, Caldwell will be out the door.

wait i just though of something..

You want to know why jim is our head coach here in indy? Its because the colts feel that peyton is calling the shots. So they need a guy with no skills and who dont say much of anything during the game to the players because they know peyton will take care of it. Why do you think number 18 got almost over 50m of his new contract in bonus money. Because there paying him to be the coach and the starting QB.

It make sense, just think about it for a moment. They cant have a guy come in there calling shots telling players what to do. and letting somone else run the practices. Because thats what Peyton does.

I'm just wondering if there are any other Colts fans out there that agree with me that they should hire a head coach? Why does it seem that this front office has never been committed to hiring a coach? Tony Dungy road Manning's coat tail the whole time he was here and it seemed as when they promoted Jim Caldwell, it was a joke. With possibly the best and smartest QB in the history of the NFL, why can't they just get Manning a head coach to work with. Jim Caldwell couldn't coach a little league football team and he is only here because Mannning has made him look good over the past 2 years. Without Manning this team wins 3 games at most, but without Manning and a head coach that can actually read a playbook, this team could compete. Is anyone with me on this?

Really did Dungy ride Manning's coat tails when he was taking the Bucs from one of the biggest jokes in sports to a Super Bowl contending team? Also if it was just Manning's coat tails how on earth did Mora get fired? He had Manning too.

I think the 'new' Polian will give him this year to prove he can coach. He really looks like he is holding on to what Dungy created. I'll give him this year, and if it's obvious a change is needed, I bet he's gone. I think Gruden is calling the Colts every week "I'm ready to coach Peyton"

Jon Gruden should be hired as head coach at season's end, regardless of how this year goes.

So if we go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl we should fire a coach who would have been to two Super Bowls, never had fewer than 10 wins in a season and had a career record of 48-10 for John Gruden hunh? If you say yes to that I am just gong to say I am glad you don't own the team.

I'm no caldwell fan myself, but wanting a coaching change 3 weeks before the start of the season?

That's just a dumb idea...

I second this statement. I'm not a Caldwell fan. But who better to learn from than peyton. Not only can he command an offense, but he knows how to read and pick a part a defense. So let Caldwell learn from Peyton not to mention i see Peyton getting a coaching offer aftert his retirement.

We have a head coach, but he's in over his head and isn't qualified for the job. It's going to be sad watching the final years of Manning's career go down the drain.

It is too late to do anything about this year. Manning should have fought that from day 1 in the off season. Just sad with the poor excuse of a head coach that we have who seems to have to have training wheels to ride this bike.