Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IT'S OFFICIAL: Replacement Refs to Start the Season....

NewColtsFan

ESPN's John Clayton just broke the news on SportsCenter....

Replacement refs through week #1 -- at least, potentially longer.

This is bad news. Not just for Colt's fans, but for all Pro Football fans.

I posted this here and not on the NFL message board because there are FAR MORE eyes here to see this story than anywhere else on the website....

I'm sure there's more info to come.... :no: :pullhair: :yuk::wall::thmdown::Cry::facepalm:

LATE ADD: http://espn.go.com/n...-regular-season

When you hear about D. Smiths comments about " reserving the right to strike" realize there will be no strike, players won't risk game checks over refs. Smith is just showing some support to the refs and is just bringing attention to how better refs make the game more safe.

No shock at all....at least the 1st two weeks....when hard heads negotiate...everyone suffers. That includes player's safety suffering via uncalled chop/blocks.....etc. I have negotiated all of my life in tough atmospheres.

Employees suffer/families suffer in the real world....Fans, players....and a potential Super Bowl winner could suffer...One bad call can make the difference between 9-7 and 10-6....the Giants were 9-7....Super Bowl winners.... TIME to bring them back ins NOW!

That's it!!!! That's it!!!! We're putting our WR's & Andrew Luck in Bubbles. I swear if they let the Bears CB's do our WR's like the Steelers did when they were just Tackling them before they even caught the ball, I'ma start a Riot. These are our NEW Uniforms

BubbleBoy1.jpg

That totally sucks. How Jerry Jones and others can say the see no real difference in the officiating, they are either bold face liars, or in a coma. They are so inconsistent in their calls, and as mentioned earlier, they will get someone trashed with their no calls... Just friggin' stupid....

That's it!!!! That's it!!!! We're putting our WR's & Andrew Luck in Bubbles. I swear if they let the Bears CB's do our WR's like the Steelers did when they were just Tackling them before they even caught the ball, I'ma start a Riot. These are our NEW Uniforms

BubbleBoy1.jpg

Sadly TK85, this is exactly what the new NFL zebras view as "roughing the passer." The LB or DE popped the QB's bubble...15 yard penalty. :facepalm::loco::bored::sigh:

Thanks for the link Mark.

"The problem continues to be that this dispute lacks any external person with the ability to force the two sides back to the table. So neither side has any obligation to talk until the other side wants to. Also, neither side has any duty to abandon its current position. The NFL has every right to dig in and wait for the officials to blink, and the officials have every right to dig in and wait for the officials to blink."

Nobody every wins in a game of chicken. The question is: Which side has the most to lose and which side has the most leverage? Get the REAL Zebras back on the field Goodell. This is ridiculous. 1st your team mishandles the bounty investigation and now you can't assemble the actual referees prior to the regular season...Not good management skills Mr. Commissioner.

Not to mention:

Ruling a downed football, at the 4 yard line, a touchback

Calling a blocking penalty on a PUNT RETURNER!

Screwing up the coin toss during the Hall of Fame game

Many missed illegal hits

And that was just the preseason, just wait till the lights are on and the speed is faster. These guys will pee themselves. This is *, get Ed Hochuli and his guns back on the field!!

Such a shame. Goodell is messing everthing up. he thinks he is the judge, jury, and exectioner. When is he gunna learn that he has to listen to others and the NFL isnt all about him and his personal agenda. If Tagliabue were still comish guarentee that this wouldnt be happening. He wants refs to quit their other jibs and just be NFL refs. Why???? They ref once a week for 17 weeks they should be able to have other jobs.

This is getting out of hand. I honestly don't feel like our players are safe with these refs in

Its just not our players bad officiating is happening league wide, I think players are just as safe pre- replacement refs as they are with them, Questionable hits are still going to happen,

I guess this really shows where the commish and the owners stand when it comes to player safety. I don't EVER want to hear one of those hypocrites (sp) mention anything about player safety being foremost in their hearts, minds, or negotiations.....NOT EVER AGAIN....

SOB's can kiss my bare A.$.$. on the 50 yard line of any stadium in this league, on any given sunday at the time of their choosing......

Sadly TK85, this is exactly what the new NFL zebras view as "roughing the passer." The LB or DE popped the QB's bubble...15 yard penalty. :facepalm::loco::bored::sigh:

Yet there will still be the office of the judge, jury, and executioner Roger Goodell to levee the fines on late hits, helmet to helmet, and all dirty plays.

I have been for the safety of the leagues players, and have supported Goodell in the bounty 'debacle.' All negotiating minds need to get in a room and LOCK the door!!! Get a deal done. The players are in jeopardy...and the fans deserve the best product on the field! Half of the Colts Forum board can referee better than the INSANE CLOWN POSSE known as replacement referees! Sign me up!

OMG get these replacement refs out of here. That redskins vs Bills game is the nail in the coffin. they called the Bills punt a touchback when it was downed on the 4yrd line not the 1yrd line the 4yrd line. then a cowboy defender tackled a dolphin receiver on a fade route way before the ball even got there NO FLAG. this cant continue