Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-3) at Pittsburgh (12-17-17)

oldunclemark

6 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Fair enough, just comes down to an opinion if the movement was in the control of the player.  For the most part one essentially needs the ball glued to his hands.  As for storyline, I agree, but I 

think ne going to Pitt in January is better that Pitt going to ne

There's no way James controlled the ball when it hit the ground. The over rule was justified....I hate the Pats but it is what it is.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jules said:

That is so bad though. Imagine being a Steelers fan at that game and that one minute drive is going your way and is so exciting after that big run and you are jumping up and down. You appear to score on that TD and get over your nemesis and snatch homefield advantage and then they over turn it.

OMG.

If I was a Steelers fan I would be drinking.

I wanted Pitts to win but had to laugh at the call which was actually right. Just because of SB 40 and the 1995 AFC Title Game where the Colts got gipped.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

I saw some Jets/Saints today. Saints got something going but I don't know........I won't count them out but I would not say to bet on them either.

I have to see them beat the Falcons next week to have more faith in them I think.

Saying the Saints have a much better D this year isn't tough though, it was historically bad in recent seasons.......

The Saints D though needs a turnover or two a game.........

That game is at New Orleans isn't it? If it is, Brees will put up 35

5 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

Just because it was the pats? Short term memory? It happened to Calvin Johnson few years back. So you weren’t upset all this time and now you are upset about it now?

Just saying.

I am a woman and we are allowed to get mad and change our minds on things and go on tangents at times. If you don't like it don't reply to me. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That game is at New Orleans isn't it? If it is, Brees will put up 35

Yeah it's in NO. I have to see NO win it though officially. They have had some issues with Atlanta lately. I fully admit though, the refs WERE very anti Saints vs. the Falcons on that TNF not long ago. I mean it was kinda bad how ticky tack they got vs. the Saints and how many first downs they gave the Falcons.

On the flip side......the Saints can sometimes have some weird discipline issues this year and over the years on the field with stupid crap. Some of the calls against them are pretty justified.

IF the Falcons did manage to win this game though against the Saints and if the Falcons win tomorrow then it gets really interesting........

Trusting Atlanta is pretty tough though.

Carolina though.......they do look pretty good lately too.

9 minutes ago, dw49 said:

There's no way James controlled the ball when it hit the ground. The over rule was justified....I hate the Pats but it is what it is.

Agreed, there is enough movement to justify the NFL ruling and it really should hold up against scrutiny this week. 

Yes the Pats got lucky in that, with the subsequent INT, essentially reversed the result of the game.  And that can be really frustrating, especially on a call than a good handful of fans do not like.  Those fans want the older rule of two feet=catch and what happens after two feet does not defeat the reception.  I understand where they are coming from. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's why Jules rules. My buddy. Man did you put him in his place lmao 

Seriously though, I knew as soon as this game was over they would all come out to correct me or anyone else dissing "da call".

I don't like da call. I don't care how correct it might even be, I still don't have to like it. It looked like all kinds of wrong sauce sprinkled on hot steaming garbage to the naked eye.

The sad thing is, the Steelers often get calls their way too. They are lucky ones over history..........

And this totally just sucks that this is our yearly AFC picture. 

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Now come on....there is no arguing Tom Brady is great. He is so clutch it’s sickening. That said he has more ints dropped then any qb I’ve seen in recent history on game winning drives.

I am a Pats fan and I totally agree with this.  I have seen so many dropped potential interceptions.

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am a woman and we are allowed to get mad and change our minds on things and go on tangents at times. If you don't like it don't reply to me. 

Not sure why you bringing the woman card in here. I pointed out that this happened few times Calvin and Dez, but somehow when it’s the pats we are all done with the NFL because they keep winning? 

The NFL does us no favors, suspended Brady last year, suspended Gronk last week and rightfully so, but the week all out brawl between the Jaguars and the Bengals did not cause any suspensions, you don’t see us getting worked out about it.

It seems like blaming the NFL is everyone’s scapegoat. Blame the Steelers for having a horrible series in the red zone. They screwed up, Ben forced the ball in a triple coverage.

Just now, Jules said:

Seriously though, I knew as soon as this game was over they would all come out to correct me or anyone else dissing "da call".

I don't like da call. I don't care how correct it might even be, I still don't have to like it. It looked like all kinds of wrong sauce sprinkled on hot steaming garbage to the naked eye.

The sad thing is, the Steelers often get calls their way too. They are lucky ones over history..........

Hey Brown only has a partially torn Calf muscle. Will be ready for Playoffs, just reported.

This is pretty rich. Listen to the Senior VP of Officiating literally say "completes a pass to James."  

Make up your mind.  

Completes a pass but incomplete.  Shows how inept the NFL is.

I finally watched the replay over again and I don't know how you can CONCLUSIVELY say his hand wasn't still under the ball.

I missed all the games today.  We had a family outing and get together.    One of the kids were keeping tabs on the games on her phone,  and told me the Steelers were up 30 -27.   I get home and see the Pats won 27-24.    Was a TD overturned at the end, or what?  Someone fill me in.

45 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I missed all the games today.  We had a family outing and get together.    One of the kids were keeping tabs on the games on her phone,  and told me the Steelers were up 30 -27.   I get home and see the Pats won 27-24.    Was a TD overturned at the end, or what?  Someone fill me in.

The bribe check Kraft sends to the officials cleared the bank in time.

So now we're going to get two games in Foxboro next month, instead of the Patriots possibly having to play 3 games and 2 on the road in the postseason.

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Gramz, yes the TD was overturned.  James did a Dez Byrant, he caught the ball turned and reached for the goal line as he fell to the ground and he hit the ground the ball rolled in his hands.  As he was not able to maintain control through going to the ground, he did not get credit for possession, thus no TD, incomplete pass. 

4 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

But I didn’t see anywhere near enough to say he didn’t have control. The ball can move and did but there was nothing in any of the replays I saw that showed irrefutable proof to the contrary.

And yes, NE does get the benefit of these calls, as does Pitt. Why? It’s a good storyline.

The ball hit the ground and moved......it was the right call....There isn't any question about it.

The only debate is 'is the rule that asks you to maintain possession al the way through the end of the play and hold it at the end.....is that rule fair?

But we've seen this before. According to the rule the way it is written now...that's not a TD...

2 hours ago, Gramz said:

I missed everything after the early games...

...What's funny is..there are so many highlight shows...you almost don't need to watch...

Sounds like the Steelers did as well as they could without Antonio Brown.

..and I would have wanted them to go for the win and not just tie the game on 3rd down

Still looked like a TD to me when it happened and before they over analyzed it to death. And then before the parade of "DON'T BE STOOOPID IT WAS THE RIGHT CALL STOOPID" came out.

It's like if a cat walked across the room and you said to yourself, "Yeah thats a cat and looks like a cat It's a cat". That looked like a TD to my eyes when it happened the first time, silly aazz me. Some things look like obvious things but then you get convinced otherwise later you were wrong despite logical eye tests. And well to me when it happened it looked like a TD but CLEARLY I am wrong and don't get the NFL or how to score TDs and I need to learn da rulez. 

Now countless articles will be written to PROVE it was NOT a TD. It's borderline political. 

So maybe the cat that walked across the room isn't really a cat and then they can convince you later it was a "ghost cat". Oh no!!!!

Oh well, I give up.......enough of this crap and this game. And since now the Cowboys get first downs via pieces of paper I seriously don't even know anymore.

But Jules...

How can I say this.......It doesn't matter what..."IT LOOKS LIKE TO US'

It doesn't matter what 'WE THINK IT SHOULD BE'

I think that, as fans, we have a wildly overblown opinion of our own opinions.

We've seen that rule 10 times. You almost have to hold it throughout the catch, get up and hand it to the ref.

Nothing short of that is a TD catch.

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Tom looked fine from what I saw...he looked tons better than last week....but that’s because Pitts never gets pressure on Tom.

I think that having #87 on the field played a pretty significant role as well. The defense is really hurting them these past couple of weeks. The Pats offense only had 3 possessions in the first half yesterday because the defense couldn't get off the field. Buffalo actually started this trend a few weeks back and frankly, it's the best way to beat this team...slow, patient drives down the field that kill the clock and result in points.

3 minutes ago, ty4atd said:

you can't say for sure it did and his hand is underneath the ball the whole time.

So again.. i'm not understanding what one has to do for a catch..

With Dez and Calvin the ball touches the ground..

I failed to see the ball touch the ground with Jesse..

So it's not allowed to move at all? 

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I missed everything after the early games...

...What's funny is..there are so many highlight shows...you almost don't need to watch...

Sounds like the Steelers did as well as they could without Antonio Brown.

..and I would have wanted them to go for the win and not just tie the game on 3rd down

Yeah, I did finally see some highlights from the games.      I am so over this season already.  :sigh: 

I have seen this statement on several sites.   Do you agree ~ or disagree...??

The rule was interpreted correctly, but the rule is bad. There are plenty of problems with the NFL right now, but many of them are either intractable or downright unfixable. The catch rule is not one of them. The NFL has to fix it, and that might require a totally radical sort of solution. 

11 hours ago, Jules said:

I feel for ya Jules. It's your prerogative to not like the call whether it was right or wrong. I knew it was coming back right after I saw the replay. There are just several types of plays like this that I think go against the spirit of the rule imo but there is nothing you can do about it because it comes down to the judgment of officials. I do think all too often they look for ways to overturn things and make too much out of things. Did the ball move....certainly....do I think at any time he did not catch it or control it...nope...but that is how it was interpreted. There is probably no physical way he could succeed in making that play and it standing. There is no way he can dive like that and land on the ball and it not move some..even if it never leaves his hands or becomes dislodged. He should have just came down and then stretched out. Tough luck I guess.

I do agree though it gets sickening to watch the same teams at the top...there are some nice stories this year but they always seem to be in the NFC....so few ever happen in the AFC...and that's just a testament of a great run organization with great players. It will change in time I promise....we just may all be in a nursing home when it does though. I can agree on this...I would have loved to see the Pats face some adversity in the playoffs by having to go on the road...but it didn't shake out that way....they have won the close games when it counts....Houston should have beat them and honestly TB should have too but both teams played like complete garbage that night. The Jets I thought had them as well....but champs find a way to come out on top. I'm sure there were a lot of fans that got sick of us winning so much in the 2000s too....and I'm sure we got a lot of band wagon fans that wanted to see Peyton beat Tom too just to have someone else to root for. Every sport has their evil goliaths. The New York Yankees and their huge payroll. The Lakers and the Celtics had their dynasties...and some are talking about Cleveland and GS since every decent FA seems to sign with them. Usain Bolt.....I mean how is it fair to run against him!! Don't even get me into soccer where the rich always get richer. Point being every sport has it....but it makes it oh the sweeter to knock them off on your way to winning your own title!

38 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

the cowboys & patriots won ---> forgettable week in the NFL

Yeah...it was about as bad a week as we could get. Colts lost another second half lead.....then even if you want a high pick the Giants blew a chance to win....NE won on another goal line stand by a team that is dumb enough to throw the ball over the middle instead of a fade and just..it was pretty bad all the way around. Tough one.

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

I have seen this statement on several sites.   Do you agree ~ or disagree...??

The rule was interpreted correctly, but the rule is bad. There are plenty of problems with the NFL right now, but many of them are either intractable or downright unfixable. The catch rule is not one of them. The NFL has to fix it, and that might require a totally radical sort of solution. 

I don't think there is a solution to fixing the definition of a catch other than just simply NOT defining it and letting the officials use their own judgement lol. That would be horrible because each would interpret it differently but it seems that kinda happens now anyways. The ol adage I know a catch when I see one.....yes that LOOKED like a catch last night...it just didn't stand up to the rule we have. I don't think its fixable. The ONE RULE that IS fixable is the fumble through the endzone touchback. That is an AWFUL rule and if it doesn't get changed this offseason that would be a travesty. No reason the offense should lose the ball when there is no recovery by the defense. I see no reason the ball shouldn't go back to the point of the fumble. If you want to not reward offenses for fumbles than that is fine....if a fumble goes forward then bring it back to the point of the fumble on ALL fumbles...even in the endzone etc...I'm cool with that...but this touchback thing...HAS TO CHANGE.