Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-3) at Pittsburgh (12-17-17)

oldunclemark

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, poaponies said:

I'm just hoping the 49niner score about 50 by half so they will switch the game 

Isn't that game going to bare minimum required audiences though? If you're in Tennessee or northern California you're probably riding that game out.

Although I do need the 49ers to win so the Titans can lose and help the Bills out for a playoff spot.

Just now, PeterBowman said:

In Pittsburgh no less....always seems in big games the refs swallow their whistles against NE.

Refs prolly don’t know what to do. They love both teams. A real tragedy for these guys. Let’s all take a moment and reflect on how tough their job is sometimes. Not all heroes wear capes guys.

How was that not offensive PI?  The way I understand the rule is that the receiver and defender have an equal right to the ball.  If a defender held down a receiver's arm so that he couldn't make a play on the ball, that would be defensive PI.  So when the offensive player holds down the defenders arm so that he can't make a play on the ball, why is that not offensive PI?  Don't get me wrong.  Amazing catch.  Spectacular concentration.  But how is it legal?

1 minute ago, JCPatriot said:

How was that not offensive PI?  The way I understand the rule is that the receiver and defender have an equal right to the ball.  If a defender held down a receiver's arm so that he couldn't make a play on the ball, that would be defensive PI.  So when the offensive player holds down the defenders arm so that he can't make a play on the ball, why is that not offensive PI?  Don't get me wrong.  Amazing catch.  Spectacular concentration.  But how is it legal?

I must have seen the play differently. The way I saw it they were hand fighting and Bryant had his arm held. 

Either way way to answer your question, I don’t think the defender was trying for the ball.

7 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I must have seen the play differently. The way I saw it they were hand fighting and Bryant had his arm held. 

Hard to tell.  I haven't seen a real good replay view of it.  It didn't look like the defender was holding onto him in real time, though.  It looked like he was using his free arm to hold off the defender......either with physical separation or by keeping his arm down.  If the defender was holding onto his arm, then it definitely should have been defensive PI.  If not, I would say offensive PI.  Seems like it should have been something, though.

22 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

Hard to tell.  I haven't seen a real good replay view of it.  It didn't look like the defender was holding onto him in real time, though.  It looked like he was using his free arm to hold off the defender......either with physical separation or by keeping his arm down.  If the defender was holding onto his arm, then it definitely should have been defensive PI.  If not, I would say offensive PI.  Seems like it should have been something, though.

The way I see it is why would the receiver not want to use both hands in that situation? Either way I agree. Flag should’ve been called either way.