Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stop Blaming Pagano

a06cc

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, a06cc said:

Did Pagano today tell the offensive line to not pick up the blitzes? Did he tell Tj Green to have a melt down in the second half? 

Show me the last time one of Pagano's teams actually played a full 60 minutes of football....... I'll wait

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

Did Pagano today tell the offensive line to not pick up the blitzes? Did he tell Tj Green to have a melt down in the second half? 

Amen. It was a player loss, Pagano did what he could as a coach during this game to give us the best chance. Challenge was worth it, could've gone either way. Looked like he never reached the 25 but it is what it is. At the end he had to try to give the players to make the best chance to make a play, but they couldn't, and we aren't talking about that. Mingo missed a sack on the same play Brown put the Steelers in field goal range. 

4 minutes ago, a06cc said:

And last week when Sheard came through with that sack.

Swing and a miss

4 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Can’t play because of the players not holding up on their end. He coached a good game today 

Obviously you need that football for dummies book they used in the Waterboy movie. Last week was NOT playing 60 minutes of football.

Just now, csmopar said:

Swing and a miss

Obviously you need that football for dummies book they used in the Waterboy movie. Last week was NOT playing 60 minutes of football.

Yes it was. How wasn’t it? We finished the game this a sack. Doesn’t matter what the final score was. We won the game. I think you need to read that book.

Pagano is a terrible in-game coach . His lack of game awareness and bad decisions , adjustments have cost them dearly in the past . But in his defense the team is playing hard and they haven't quit. Even the most ardent Chuck hater has to give him that credit . Not easy to do when the whole team knows you are a lame duck . 

Just now, a06cc said:

Yes it was. How wasn’t it? We finished the game this a sack. Doesn’t matter what the final score was. We won the game. I think you need to read that book.

Letting a backup QB torch your defense and getting down to what, the 3 yard line and getting a lucky sack isn't playing 60 minutes

I find it interesting that Eagles fans wanted Pederson gone after they lost to the Chiefs. Now, he should be coach of the year, according to the same fans.

IF Ballard fires Pagano, so be it. But don’t be shocked if he takes injuries and inexperience into consideration and extends him for a year.

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

I find it interesting that Eagles fans wanted Pederson gone after they lost to the Chiefs. Now, he should be coach of the year, according to the same fans.

IF Ballard fires Pagano, so be it. But don’t be shocked if he takes injuries and inexperience into consideration and extends him for a year.

With the Colts nothing should be suprising. 

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Nicely put

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Letting a backup QB torch your defense and getting down to what, the 3 yard line and getting a lucky sack isn't playing 60 minutes

We have a backup QB as well. Correct me if I’m wrong but the end result were the Colts with a win against HOU. If that’s not playing 60 minutes and finishing a game I don’t know what you would call it. 

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

No it’s not at all. Their grown men

Yes it is, and your an * of thinking it not Pagano leadership. "They are grown men" argument is stupid. Every time this team makes stupid penalties, miss assignments, runs the wrong route. Reflect on the leadership of Pagano of getting them ready for the game. When TJ Green made that stupid penalty on jumping on to the pile, what did chuck Pagano do, did he yell at him, did he look upset, did he grab him by his face mask and yell at him. No, he did not. Pagano does what he always does. Pull the guy to the side hold his hand and tell what he did wrong and then pat him on the butt like it was a good game. What happens when the offense come off the field after a failed 3rd down the conversation. Their he is clapping his hand and saying a good job and giving them a good job smack. Is this guy was a military leader heck the lower enlisted would run circle around this character. There is no repercussion when anything negative happens. None what so ever.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't blame Chuck for today. I thought he had us prepared well today. Colts played a great game for the most part, when you play Pitt you cant make critical mistakes though. Doyle letting the ball go through his hands was the 1 critical mistake, that isn't Chuck's fault. That play resulted in 8 points for Pitt.

So true

I defended Pagano up until this season.  I looked for reasons to defend him continually, as I genuinely like him, but I can't think of any defenses at this point. 

Ultimately, it is his job for how the players on the field do.  The OC/DC/ST coordinators answer to him.  The players answer to him.  Of course, he cannot control everything the players and coordinators do but he answers to the GM and owner for the results.