Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: 4 Teams meet with Mixon before Wed. 3/8 Pro Day.....

The four teams said to be Cleveland, Cincinnati,  Detroit and New Orleans....

Now, I don't think for a minute that only 4 teams are interested in Joe Mixon.     I suspect many, many more than 4 teams will be at the Oklahoma pro day to put their eyes on him.      Why more teams didn't meet with him I don't know.     But this doesn't stop more teams from meeting with him between now and the draft....

Here's your ESPN story....   disregard the video,  it's an older video that's not connected to this story....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18850454/joe-mixon-met-privately-cincinnati-bengals-cleveland-browns-detroit-lions-new-orleans-saints-ahead-pro-day

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

becasue he punched out a girl...

had that been a guy, i would probably pull him off of my draft board.  since it was a female, no doubt about it

I'm aware of what he did. There's no history, other than this outlier, with the guy. Was it wrong? Sure, but our opinions of the situation are probably different, so I'm not going there. I'd be willing, and it looks like many other teams are too, to give this guy a chance. I could care less about the "publicity" or possible "negative reputation", if people don't like it they will get over it or go watch/support something else. 

35 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I'm aware of what he did. There's no history, other than this outlier, with the guy. Was it wrong? Sure, but our opinions of the situation are probably different, so I'm not going there. I'd be willing, and it looks like many other teams are too, to give this guy a chance. I could care less about the "publicity" or possible "negative reputation", if people don't like it they will get over it or go watch/support something else. 

I promise you team owners care about bad publicity.    Also,  He has been in trouble since punching the girl in the cafe

29 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

There isnt history of abuse in general but he is definitely showing patterns of anger management issues. He was in anger management classes from him punching that girl and it obviously didnt help him, as he lost his temper and threatened to run over a parking attendant for giving him a ticket, causing another suspension. That was in November of last year. He was 6 months away from the draft and able to tell everyone that he was a changed man in all his interviews, but he still couldnt keep his nose clean. That is a major red flag that he is a risk to keep letting his temper get the better of him. Especially in a line of work that involves lots of criticism and unwanted attention from random people on the street. I would be worried about him going "Revis Mode" all over town. haha

27 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I promise you team owners care about bad publicity.    Also,  He has been in trouble since punching the girl in the cafe

I never said they didn't and wasn't speaking for them. Again, if it were a big deal, teams wouldn't be putting the amount of work in to see this guy. 

15 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

There isnt history of abuse in general but he is definitely showing patterns of anger management issues. He was in anger management classes from him punching that girl and it obviously didnt help him, as he lost his temper and threatened to run over a parking attendant for giving him a ticket, causing another suspension. That was in November of last year. He was 6 months away from the draft and able to tell everyone that he was a changed man in all his interviews, but he still couldnt keep his nose clean. That is a major red flag that he is a risk to keep letting his temper get the better of him. Especially in a line of work that involves lots of criticism and unwanted attention from random people on the street. I would be worried about him going "Revis Mode" all over town. haha

I try not to judge as i am FAR from even being on the same planet as perfect.  Instead i make jokes.

however, i have a problem, a REAL problem with those who abuse women, the elderly, the handicapped.  

If two nitwit guys mutually agree to go out behind the bar, thats one thing.  But to mentally or physically abuse someone who is "weaker" in some way really makes my blood boil.  And while i wont crucify them (so to speak), i will distance myself.  Thats a bad, bad trait to have or be around. Intimidation isnt much better.

the only real way to get thru 

to him might be to have a bigger, nastier dude shownhim what it feels like.  A "blanket party" as they say.

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I never said they didn't and wasn't speaking for them. Again, if it were a big deal, teams wouldn't be putting the amount of work in to see this guy. 

They would be going to the Oklahoma pro day even if Mixon wasn't participating.   They aren't going to extreme measures to see him

27 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I don't like LF7... He will need a good o-line to be successful. I don't like his play style.  And can't catch well. Mixon does everything great, can make something out of nothing. And he ran faster than Cook hahaha. 

Fournette has everything you look for in a RB, but I can't see how people over look his "lack of vision". If he doesn't have a clear lane, he's lost. He ran great against sub-par defenses, but his games against Alabama, he was completely dead in the water. It's only going to get tougher in the NFL. To me he's following right in the path of Trent Richardson.

3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

He has everything you look for in a RB, but I can't see how people over look his "lack of vision". If he doesn't have a clear lane, he's lost. He ran great against sub-par defenses, but his games against Alabama, he was completely dead in the water. It's only going to get tougher in the NFL. To me he's following right in the path of Trent Richardson.

When did these games happen?

13 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I don't like LF7... He will need a good o-line to be successful. I don't like his play style.  And can't catch well. Mixon does everything great, can make something out of nothing. And he ran faster than Cook hahaha. 

He is easily better then cook lol this guy screams Le'veon Bell to me and that is a very good thing being compared to the best back in the league 

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They would be going to the Oklahoma pro day even if Mixon wasn't participating.   They aren't going to extreme measures to see him

Of course, but at least 4 teams pulled him aside last night and probably will again today. Again, there is major interest in the guy regardless of the situation. 

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

I try not to judge as i am FAR from even being on the same planet as perfect.  Instead i make jokes.

however, i have a problem, a REAL problem with those who abuse women, the elderly, the handicapped.  

If two nitwit guys mutually agree to go out behind the bar, thats one thing.  But to mentally or physically abuse someone who is "weaker" in some way really makes my blood boil.  And while i wont crucify them (so to speak), i will distance myself.  Thats a bad, bad trait to have or be around. Intimidation isnt much better.

to him might be to have a bigger, nastier dude shownhim what it feels like.  A "blanket party" as they say.

The original incident was pretty brutal and he lost pretty much any respect I had for him, but I have always believed that people can learn from their mistakes and become a better person. That being said, I don't believe that second chances are to be given away. You have to earn them by proving that you have learned from what you've done and taken steps to make sure that you on track to becoming that better person first. Had Mixon kept his nose clean, he would have earned that chance at redemption. He chose to continue being the same angry child that he was that night, so he doesnt deserve any respect until he can prove otherwise. It will be a long, hard road before I could accept him on our team. 

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The four teams said to be Cleveland, Cincinnati,  Detroit and New Orleans....

Now, I don't think for a minute that only 4 teams are interested in Joe Mixon.     I suspect many, many more than 4 teams will be at the Oklahoma pro day to put their eyes on him.      Why more teams didn't meet with him I don't know.     But this doesn't stop more teams from meeting with him between now and the draft....

Here's your ESPN story....   disregard the video,  it's an older video that's not connected to this story....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18850454/joe-mixon-met-privately-cincinnati-bengals-cleveland-browns-detroit-lions-new-orleans-saints-ahead-pro-day

He's supposedly meeting with 24 teams at his pro day today.  

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/joe-mixon-oklahoma-pro-day-lions-browns-bengals-saints/16gvl5k0igprh1ew4dgepn7m6g

8 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Re-read who I quoted... It was about Fournette

In fairness, I couldn't tell who you were talking about either, you talked about Mixon and Fournette in that post.  

Regarding his vision, I don't think it's as bad as your making it out to be.  It's not elite by any means, but it's better than just "terrible."

in a way Joe Mixon is much safer pick than most other players with drugs and other problems. I've said my piece about it(that if he's shown genuine remorse and has taken steps towards making sure he won't repeat his mistake, I'm willing to give him a second chance) and I will maintain it unless we get more information about his problems being likely to repeat.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him in the second.

8 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

If his situation was one where he bullied someone, then knocked them out, I could see where you're coming from. He didn't prey on someone weak. He reacted in a high tension situation that was escalated by that girl pushing, then hitting him. It definitely wasn't ok, nor will I say that it is, but to act like he is some kind of abuser is overkill. Tyreek Hill is/was an abuser. Greg Hardy is/was an abuser. Ray Rice was an abuser. They all had incidents in privacy where they preyed on a female, which usually suggests it's a pattern of behavior, not a one-time thing. There's a difference... It's like lumping a guy that smokes pot in with a heroin addict and saying they're both junkies. It's not always black and white.

Just now, stitches said:

in a way Joe Mixon is much safer pick than most other players with drugs and other problems. I've said my piece about it(that if he's shown genuine remorse and has taken steps towards making sure he won't repeat his mistake, I'm willing to give him a second chance) and I will maintain it unless we get more information about his problems being likely to repeat.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him in the second.

He may not make it to the second if there's a team that feels comfortable enough with his interviews.  His pro day is going beautifully.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

He may not make it to the second if there's a team that feels comfortable enough with his interviews.  His pro day is going beautifully.

I'm not big on drafting a RB in the first, but if we are to draft one, I'd want it to be Mixon and not Cook or Fournette.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

In fairness, I couldn't tell who you were talking about either, you talked about Mixon and Fournette in that post.  

Regarding his vision, I don't think it's as bad as your making it out to be.  It's not elite by any means, but it's better than just "terrible."

My post was only in reference to Fournette. I just went back and edited it. 

In my opinion, for him to succeed, he's going to need an above average OL. The mocks of him going to Carolina would be a good fit for him.

3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

My post was only in reference to Fournette. I just went back and edited it. 

In my opinion, for him to succeed, he's going to need an above average OL. The mocks of him going to Carolina would be a good fit for him.

I agree that Carolina is an excellent spot for him to land.  In fact, I hope Carolina takes him because I drafted him in a devy league!  

Anyhow, Fournette's like Gallman in the sense that their reading abilities are limited by scheme. Fournette does see the field well for the type of running game LSU had (that is, until Ensminger took over and shifted to more zone running). That said, you are correct in that he'll need a good OL to run behind as power oriented teams often do.  It certainly helps that Cam is there to take some of the attention off Fournette if that's where he lands.

I wouldn't be too upset taking him in the second or third, but I'm not spending a first on him, even though he has seemed to clean up his act a bit. He is the best back in this class, and that's saying something with the names you see in this years draft. He would also give Luck a LeVeon Bell/David Johnson clone, that being a player who can pound the rock and run receiver routes outside.