Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mvp race

runthepost

It is Brady. He has not even played this week yet. Coming into this week his passer rating was 111, best in the league. Newton's rating was at 84 putting him at 21st in the league. He also has 9 picks to Brady's 3.

7 games to go and I think it is very likely that the Panthers could go 16-0. They have a nasty game at Dallas on Thursday but if they get by that then the rest of their schedule looks as favorable as the Pats does.

There have been two threads today saying Cam will win MVP.

The voters won't be able to resist Mr. Super Bowl golden boy in Boston.

Just watch.......

And Edleman is out so future wins until he his back will be hyped up as if he won without Jerry Rice.

It's not really MVP, it's MVQB.  As of now, I have it going to Brady.  In the mix, I have Cam, Palmer, and Dalton.  Still, there are several weeks of football left and anyone can get hot or start to stink it up.

Agreed and I hate that fact. They almost need to make 2 designated MVP awards. One for QBs and one for non-QBs

Agreed and I hate that fact. They almost need to make 2 designated MVP awards. One for QBs and one for non-QBs

I don't think it's a flaw of the award, but rather a result of how the game is designed.  The QB touches the ball on every offensive play, giving him the most meaningful touches out of anyone on the team.  I think Vince Lombardi once said something to the effect of football is the perfect game outside of one flaw, and that is the extra emphasis on quarterbacks.  It's a team game, so it doesn't make sense to have so much focus on one guy.  However, that's how the game is designed.  Combine the inherent emphasis on quarterbacks with the rules that help offenses and you get QBs who put up lots of stats, making them easy choices for MVP

As of right now the race is Tom Brady and then everybody else. Carolina is 10-0 but a large part of that is the defense. Carolina is 22nd in Yards Per Drive with just under 30 Yards Per Drive. Plus Brady has Cam beat in just about every catergory. I would say Palmer is more worthy of being in the discussion with Brady than Cam does.

AMfootball and I discussed this a while ago.  Baseball had a similar problem with the pitcher being a dominate force even though they only play ever 4th or 5th game.  In the mid 50s baseball came out with the Cy Young award.  Pitchers are still eligible for the MVP, but since the Cy Young award came out pitchers winning the MVP award has decreased a great deal, thereby opening opportunities for others to win the MVP.   

Perhaps the NFL could do the same, have an award for the QB only and have the MVP as well.

There have been two threads today saying Cam will win MVP.

The voters won't be able to resist Mr. Super Bowl golden boy in Boston.

Just watch.......

And Edleman is out so future wins until he his back will be hyped up as if he won without Jerry Rice.

I think the most impressive part of their success has been with all of their offensive line injuries.. They were on their 4th left tackle for 3-4 weeks, playing 3 rookies on the interior and Stork who was a center last year at RT and were still able to produce enough offense to win games

We're not saying we like it, or agree, but that that's what the doofuses who think there are no other positions will vote.

Yeah pretty much. I think of the voters and what I think they will go ga ga for.

Some of the voters might even have Brady posters on their walls!!!

Yeah pretty much. I think of the voters and what I think they will go ga ga for.

Some of the voters might even have Brady posters on their walls!!!

They aren't that descrete. They wear his jersey. I don't see how anyone would vote for him after his nonsense with the phone. Then the crap continues during the regular season. It seems every time you turn around some sketchy stuff is happening in NE.

I realize it's about your play but to me character should play a part.

They aren't that descrete. They wear his jersey. I don't see how anyone would vote for him after his nonsense with the phone. Then the crap continues during the regular season. It seems every time you turn around some sketchy stuff is happening in NE.

I realize it's about your play but to me character should play a part.

Oh, they will vote for him. Heck the Football Gods have been with that team all season. They have got every key break imaginable. Every time they play a good team their key players are out or not healthy like Luck wasn't in our case.

Oh, they will vote for him. Heck the Football Gods have been with that team all season. They have got every key break imaginable. Every time they play a good team their key players are out or not healthy like Luck wasn't in our case.

Last time they got all the breaks it didn't end so well. I hope we get healthy and get another shot at them