Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Butler

lollygagger8

that is still a long way from spectacular.

You have very high standards then. He was beat for a long pass vs Houston where the receiver ran a perfect route, but since then? Nothing. One of the least targeted CBs on a per snap basis in the NFL. 

And before I here "small sample size", he was also one of the least targeted CBs in the NFL last year (counting playoffs). And gave up little yards on a per snap basis as well.

Good player. Probably keep him to play nickel after Butler (likely) leaves this year. 

You have very high standards then. He was beat for a long pass vs Houston where the receiver ran a perfect route, but since then? Nothing. One of the least targeted CBs on a per snap basis in the NFL. 

And before I here "small sample size", he was also one of the least targeted CBs in the NFL last year (counting playoffs). And gave up little yards on a per snap basis as well.

Good player. Probably keep him to play nickel after Butler (likely) leaves this year.

No sense in carrying this further and agree to disagree

Gordy is fine, there's no drop off between him and Butler really. Butler has better ball skills. Other than that they are pretty equal. 

I'm going to have to disagree with that, but that's based on limited viewing.  You really don't get to see the Safeties too much on TV and I've only been to one regular season game.

I respect your opinion, but IMO Butler is way better than Gordy.

Agreed, whereas Butler is one of the best slot CB's in the game and seems to struggle a little more on the outside.

I disagree that he struggles on the outside. .. He filled in for vonte very well in 2012.. It's just he's more of a benefit in the slot especially the way vonte and Toler are playing. .. However when it comes to tackling Gordy>> >> Butler

I disagree that he struggles on the outside. .. He filled in for vonte very well in 2012.. It's just he's more of a benefit in the slot especially the way vonte and Toler are playing. .. However when it comes to tackling Gordy>> >> Butler

If Toler or Vontae were to get hurt (knocking on wood so that won't happen) and Butler and Gordy were both healthy, I'd rather see Butler stay in the slot and Gordy move to the outside.