Photo

Refs in the Dolphins game [Merge]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#41 hilton13

hilton13
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

(Usually I hate whining about officiating, but it was hard to ignore the poor officiating in this game...)

Momentum is big deal, especially in a close game like this...

Coming out at halftime we get a big 3-and-out, march down the field, and score a touchdown...

That would've been a huge momentum swing our way, probably would've changed the entire way the second half played out.

Just to get called back.

Then there's plays like the ridiculous spot on the turnover on downs... Would've been another big momentum swing...

Instead there's all the time stoppage for measuring, making Pagano challenge, even more time stoppage...

Killed momentum again...

(And of course there are the other no-calls and poor calls that I didn't mention.)

I guess I won't go so far as to say the refs cost us the game. We did still have chances to win it at the end.

But it was extremely frustrating.

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#42 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

They didn't cost the Colts the game.

Most of the penalties they called were objective penalties. 

Andy, you can take your objectivity elsewhere. The Refs absolutely cost the Colts the game. There is a time to be objective and then there is just reality. I choose reality!

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#43 House

House
  • 6613 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Don't worry the league will release their "we screwed up" report. And they'll apologize. But it will change nothing.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#44 PhinsFan

PhinsFan
  • Rookie
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

You guys are hilarious. Miami had many bad calls go against them. Wake being held. A fumble recovery by the Colts even though the play was blown dead. Awful ball placement.

No need to be babies about it.

#45 corgi

corgi
  • 2412 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

You guys are hilarious. Miami had many bad calls go against them. Wake being held. A fumble recovery by the Colts even though the play was blown dead. Awful ball placement.

But you were the bigger man by coming on here and doing the same thing?

#46 trueblueblood

trueblueblood
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

I absolutely hate to do this... But come on! Blatant no-calls on pass interference and unnecessary roughness, as well as the bullcrap call of the "illegal shift" that negated the touchdown to fleener. Are you kidding me? Since when can a receiver not go in motion??? We won this game guys, you can't beat the refs and the dolphins. Terrible officiating.

#47 House

House
  • 6613 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

haha.

Two plays that were called correctly is your evidence for Miami having bad calls too? Your a funny guy. A little silly. But funny.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#48 PhinsFan

PhinsFan
  • Rookie
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

But you were the bigger man by coming on here and doing the same thing?

You guys are saying the Colts got screwed. I gave examples that they weren't. The refs let them play. Miami won. Luck was outplayed.

#49 PhinsFan

PhinsFan
  • Rookie
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

haha.

Two plays that were called correctly is your evidence for Miami having bad calls too? Your a funny guy. A little silly. But funny.

What's funny is you guys complaining even though you got outplayed.

#50 The Colts Walker

The Colts Walker
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

I really hate to stoop to this too but in all honesty, it should have been 24-24 on that final drive

#51 House

House
  • 6613 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Lol yeah we got outplayed and lost by 4 with a chance to win in the end.

That's a hilarious punch line for Fins fans.

No calls were made against the Dolphs all game. So I feel the odds of you guys playing a perfect game are pretty low. Naturally the refs will take some abuse. And rightfully so.

#52 Gandalf

Gandalf
  • Member nst
  • 4387 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

The refs have botched calls in two games that I have seen the Greenbay vs. San Fransisco game, and ours... maybe a time has come to make them accountable. Fines, or remove them from the NFL.

I'm a wizard who is drug/alcohol free. Also masqueraded as a human for a while... and didn't like it very much. A veracious reader of those funny little things called books especially J.R.R. Tolkien, and lover of music from classical to rock.

#53 Maniq

Maniq
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

You guys are saying the Colts got screwed. I gave examples that they weren't. The refs let them play. Miami won. Luck was outplayed.

As I mentioned, we didn't play well in the 2nd half, but to take away a TD and a clear hold at the end (both plays, that could change the game late dramatically) is not comparable to those plays you mentioned.

I mean, we also didn't get unnessesary roughness on some plays. Those goes both way, as you sure also had some missed calls, I assume. But a TD taken away on a clear mistake is different.

#54 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1137 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yeah this game stung pretty badly today.

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#55 Maniq

Maniq
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

No need for this, we didn't get outplayed. Both teams were pretty even. Perhaps you got the best of us, I could agree. But outplayed? No. It was a really close game.

#56 House

House
  • 6613 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

No need for this, we didn't get outplayed. Both teams were pretty even. Perhaps you got the best of us, I could agree. But outplayed? No. It was a really close game.

Me thinks the Fins fan didn't realize the foolishness of saying we got outplayed and lost by 4. Doesn't speak wonders about the Dolphins.

#57 colts_mp

colts_mp
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

last week. "a win is a win"

this week. "a loss is not really a loss because of the refs"

suck it up guys. we should have put the pedal to the metal and scored more points.

#58 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 9299 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Me thinks the Fins fan didn't realize the foolishness of saying we got outplayed and lost by 4. Doesn't speak wonders about the Dolphins.

let then have their day. they are on a two game win streak. That happens about once a decade

#59 Manning1887

Manning1887
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

HORRENDOUS officiating that actually went both ways. There were multiple defensive holding calls against the Dolphins that were not called, not sure about that "illegal shift" that robbed us of a td either.

Also, not sure how they called that a fumble against Tannehill. That looked like an incomplete pass and tough to justify a fumble there.

#60 Maniq

Maniq
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Also, not sure how they called that a fumble against Tannehill. That looked like an incomplete pass and tough to justify a fumble there.

True. It didn't cost them a TD, though.

#61 Brian Cronauer

Brian Cronauer
  • Rookie
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Gentlemen, as a Dolphins fan...you must be joking. That "fumble" by Tannehill that gave you perfect field position at our 40. Clearly an incomplete pass. Simply a well coached Dolphins team. The refs called it both ways and it was a good game.

#62 Andy

Andy
  • 8773 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Of course there were some penalties left on the field, but I don't think it cost them the game.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#63 Gandalf

Gandalf
  • Member nst
  • 4387 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Gentlemen, as a Dolphins fan...you must be joking. That "fumble" by Tannehill that gave you perfect field position at our 40. Clearly an incomplete pass. Simply a well coached Dolphins team. The refs called it both ways and it was a good game.

Who is this really, Tom Brady? The ball was knocked out of his hand... and the only reason it went forward was because of his wrist. There is no tuck rule to save quarterbacks now either.

I'm a wizard who is drug/alcohol free. Also masqueraded as a human for a while... and didn't like it very much. A veracious reader of those funny little things called books especially J.R.R. Tolkien, and lover of music from classical to rock.

#64 Maniq

Maniq
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

I will repeat yet again. We lost a TD on a 100 percent wrong call. Huge difference.

That fumble was reviewed from multiple angles, and the referee must have seen evidence on a fumble. He lost control just before moving his hand forward.

#65 bap1331

bap1331
  • 1566 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

I cant get over this loss. No more football for the day. Grieving while I drink apple juice out of  whiskey glass.

:sigh:

#66 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6394 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Don't worry the league will release their "we screwed up" report. And they'll apologize. But it will change nothing.

I'm sure it will be something like:

To whomever it may concern,

After conducting a full investigation, we regretfully inform you that the league officials screwed up during the Dolphins @ Colts game. Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day.

Sincere apologies,

NFL

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#67 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13134 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

We got out played but every close call went Miami's way plus this stat line 0 flags on Miami for 0 yards. I am not willing to say they cost us the game because we had almost a full half after they took away the TD but games like this is why fans do blame refs because it did seem a bit one sided today.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#68 House

House
  • 6613 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Gentlemen, as a Dolphins fan...clearly I'm biased

Thanks for the thoughts though.

And how can you say they called it both way? They didn't call you guys for a single thing lol.

#69 House

House
  • 6613 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

I'm sure it will be something like:

To whomever it may concern,

After conducting a full investigation, we regretfully inform you that the league officials screwed up during the Dolphins @ Colts game. Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day.

Sincere apologies,

NFL

That's how I imagined it going yeah lol.

#70 crazycolt1

crazycolt1
  • 1980 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Officials only part of the problem. I'm not one to beg fo a flag but do agree this game was rough to watch. I'm tired if the hype for Pagano has done nothing in two yrs and don't see any flash out of Pep either should have never let Bruce leave. GM  of the yr by butt this team is 6-10 at best. Hate to see what San Fran gonna do to the team.

For your information Pagano has coached a total of 5 games in two years. That's hardly two years. The Colts didn't have a choice if Arians left or not. ZIf the Colts wpould have let Pagano go and hired Arians that would have been the most classness thing that Irsay could have done. I can understand you not being happy with the Colts right now but no need to make stuff up. 

#71 trueblueblood

trueblueblood
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Actually, the ball was clearly out of his hand before it went forward, so yeah... Watch the replay

#72 dw49

dw49
  • 3591 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Get a grasp on the rules. The ball has to be in control of the QB when his arm is going . Because it rolled to his wrist or forearm area after it was dislodged , doesn't mean it was a forward pass. Now either post something that is factual or go bother your Dolphin fans.

#73 House

House
  • 6613 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Get a grasp on the rules. The ball has to be in control of the QB when his arm is going . Because it rolled to his wrist or forearm area after it was dislodged , doesn't mean it was a forward pass. Now either post something that is factual or go bother your Dolphin fans.

Funny the amount of Fins fans that like to chirp, only after they know they've won.

Weird right? Almost like they would only have the courage to post when there's nothing on the line.

#74 deedub75

deedub75
  • 1677 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

My favorite part was when the chain fell off as they were measuring for the 1st down. Facepalm.

Yes.  They should have had to recalibrate the chains after that.!

"I have 3 kids and no money. Why can't I have 3 money and no kids?" - Homer Simpson

#75 CheezyColt

CheezyColt
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm also mad that bradshaw wasn't in blocking on last play instead of brown.

This.  There will always be bad calls that go both ways, but putting Brown in to block instead of Bradshaw I think lead directly to the sack.  The dolphins won this game fair and square.  We knew it would be a hard fought game with a couple calls making the difference.  It has worked to our favor in the past, this time it didn't.  Next week will be tough, looks like we're going to face a 1-2 record going into the Jaguars game.  We win that and we're 2-2 facing a Seahawks game.  THAT game sets the tone for the whole year, to me.  If we beat them, we make the playoffs.  Remember, we won a lot more games last year than we "should have."  I don't consider a winning record and missing the playoffs a failed season.  We weren't "supposed" to win more than 5 games last year, and I think falling back a little doesn't diminish what we've done. We have a LOT of work to do, and we're capable of surprising many teams but I don't think our talent level equals that of our expectations. The injuries definitely add a negative dimension to our play, but just like any team that is NOT an excuse.  It's about building a TEAM and we can't fall back into the same habit of "Our QB can carry us into the playoffs" because that is exactly why we lost in so many postseasons.  Defense is my No. 1 concern, and we're on the right path for that.  Another year or two and we should be dominant favorites to win the AFC.  Of course, a draft pick like Bridgewater or Clowney to the Jags or Titans could sway that, but what is the NFL if not one giant crap shoot.  Go O-Line!  Go D-Line!  Go DBs!  Go COLTS!!!  We really are a GREAT organization!

#76 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

These refs were pretty bad. The only calls they got right were the ones they used the replay booth for.

So the replay booth clearly shows a ball on the ground in the catch they over turned?   I must have been blurry eyed because I never seen the ball touch the ground.

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

#77 dw49

dw49
  • 3591 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Funny the amount of Fins fans that like to chirp, only after they know they've won.

Weird right? Almost like they would only have the courage to post when there's nothing on the line.

No doubt we lost the game and it was not stolen from us. But for these nerds to the "refs called it both ways" is so lame when they had zero penalty yardage. Then the "Cameron Wade was held" stuff on top of that crap. Pretty gutless officiating , late hits , the one on Wahlen which would have been a huge call on a lousy play ... but was PI. Anyway 3 points in the second half and its our bad.

#78 Jules

Jules
  • 7337 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

They are momentum killers that for sure.

And sometimes I feel as if they want most of the games close every week now......

A lot of parity in many games.

#79 Stanford Joel

Stanford Joel
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Not ONE penalty called on the Dolphins today. That's virtually unheard of in the NFL. Can you say "controlling the point spread?"

#80 CheezyColt

CheezyColt
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yes, not ONE penalty on the Dolphins.  That IS unheard of and I think there was one or two calls that should have been blown.  No matter how you look at it though, I feel they out played us.  It's not often that I can say a straight football game was played but this was one.  They beat us, and I'm ok with that.  We showed so much improvement.  I think Werner and the pass rush looked good, even if our containment didn't.  I haven't looked at the stats, but watching the game I feel like we played a good game and we were just outdone.  I was hoping for a comeback in the fourth, but having Brown in instead of Bradshaw sealed the deal for us.  I think Brown played admirably, but he should not have been in on that last play.  Luck held on to the ball too long on some plays, and threw behind the receivers on a few more.  He didn't have his best game but he is still impressive as all get out.  Hopefully we don't get blown out next week, though I still anticipate a loss. I just hope we can still move down the field as effectively as we've proved we're able to.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Jul
    T Y Goodbye

I hate the media. The headline is Oregon QB Marcus Mariota only taking 2 classes..Golf and Yoga. What they left out is that he already graduated in 3 years, with over a 3.0 GPA in General Science, and STILL has 2 years of eligibility left.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates