•  

Photo

our best o-line is.......

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7052 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

i think the best o-line would be canstonzo,reitz,shipley,satale,justice. It seems to me the o-line plays better when shipley is in. a lot of our good runs came when shipley was playing center. I dont think satale has enough of a mean streak to play center. Maybe a move would be good for him. what are your opinions on th best o-line we can possibly have.

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11414 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Linkenbach has been doing a really good job lately
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#3 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7052 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Linkenbach has been doing a really good job lately

as long as olsen isnt playing im happy

#4 HireBruceArians

HireBruceArians
  • 1498 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

i think the best o-line would be canstonzo,reitz,shipley,satale,justice. It seems to me the o-line plays better when shipley is in. a lot of our good runs came when shipley was playing center. I dont think satale has enough of a mean streak to play center. Maybe a move would be good for him. what are your opinions on th best o-line we can possibly have.

Move Reitz to RG and swap Satele for Link, and you have a deal.

Castonzo, Link, Shipley, Reitz, Justice

#5 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

I disagree with the topic title it should read " Our o-line sucks less when we play.........".

#6 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

I don't know that I would agree that Satele playing RG would be our best line. Considering to my knowledge, he's never played that position in the pro's.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#7 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7052 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

I don't know that I would agree that Satele playing RG would be our best line. Considering to my knowledge, he's never played that position in the pro's.

well playing from center to guard isnt much of a change to say tackle.

#8 ell_chrisso

ell_chrisso
  • 416 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

I disagree with the topic title it should read " Our o-line sucks less when we play.........".

Lol! Spot on

#9 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

well playing from center to guard isnt much of a change to say tackle.

Then if he sucks at center(as many suggest he does) then how would he not suck at guard too?

#10 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7052 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Then if he sucks at center(as many suggest he does) then how would he not suck at guard too?

sometimes a position change is good for a player

#11 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

sometimes a position change is good for a player

.........And sometimes it's a terrible idea. I just don't think he is strong enough to play guard in our blocking scheme. IMO, he is best suited for the center position, but he needs to get it together because right now he's probably the 3rd best center we have on the team.(Shipley, McGlynn)

#12 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7052 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

.........And sometimes it's a terrible idea. I just don't think he is strong enough to play guard in our blocking scheme. IMO, he is best suited for the center position, but he needs to get it together because right now he's probably the 3rd best center we have on the team.(Shipley, McGlynn)

so what do you suggest would be our best o line

#13 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

so what do you suggest would be our best o line

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the other's you suggested, I would just switch Satele for Link. And that pains me to say that because I'm not a fan of Link at all, but when he has played guard this yr. he has actually done pretty well.

#14 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7052 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the other's you suggested, I would just switch Satele for Link. And that pains me to say that because I'm not a fan of Link at all, but when he has played guard this yr. he has actually done pretty well.

i havent been able to watch many colts games this year, but I have heard many people praising link

#15 a06cc

a06cc
  • 638 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

I'm still going to call Anthony out. Dwayne Allen should just play left tackle. He was doing Anthony's job yesterday and helping him throughout the season.

#16 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6339 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Why are you guys dogging our OL, in my imagination they're very good. In my imagination, my imaginary OL has all players going to the pro bowl!!!!

My imagination wins 1 to nothing yeah!!!

All you have to do is sing the imagination song.

Imagin!! Imaginaaaaaation, imaginaaaaaayyyyytttiiionnn, ohhhh imagine, imaginaaaahhhhyyyyyeeeeeeetion!!!!!

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#17 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6339 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't realr.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#18 TheJACKCOLT

TheJACKCOLT
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

I think our best line would be- LT-Castanzo- LG-Reitz-C-Shipley-RG-Linkenbach-RT-Justice

#19 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6325 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Some of the blame, no matter who is playing, goes to our coaching staff. When they're constantly sending the blitz, like yesterday, they have to call a screen to back them off.

Except for AC, no one on that line will ever be mistaken for a pro bowl player. That's why I cringe whenever we go empty backfield.

#20 TheJACKCOLT

TheJACKCOLT
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

I agree, I don't know that we should ever go into the empty backfield with this O-line.

#21 COLT in J-ville

COLT in J-ville
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

All this Link love all of the sudden? What has the world come to? :monkeydance:

#22 a06cc

a06cc
  • 638 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Sorry, but there should never be an "except" Anthony Castonzo. Number one prospect, play like it! Way to many times this season have I seen him lost, getting help or Dwayne Allen blocking his guy.

#23 CardiacColts

CardiacColts
  • 423 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Very sad, but so true...
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi

#24 CardiacColts

CardiacColts
  • 423 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Every time I watch our O line get blown up I just sing Barenaked Ladies to myself, "If we had (45)million dollars, I'd buy an O line..."
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi

#25 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Justice was getting bull rushed all game yesterday. I would actually wait until Justice was fully healthy and then put him in.

When he has been injured and still plays, he is horrid. When healthy he is a good RT.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#26 1959Colts

1959Colts
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Costosnzo, Reitz, Shipley, McGlynn, Linkenbach.
Justice has been killing us.

#27 1959Colts

1959Colts
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Andrew Luck said on espn today that Samson Satele is the guy he defers to as the "teams leader"
That says to me...
If Satele is healthy, he will be the starter.

#28 Quantum88

Quantum88
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Our best o-line is the one we will have after signing a couple of free agents and a draft pick this off season.

#29 Thewholefnshow28

Thewholefnshow28
  • 2034 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Our best offensive line is not on this team yet and will need to be addressed this offseason if they wish for Luck to stay healthy.

Outside of AC I really do not feel comfortable with any of them starting especially Justice. The guy was just getting abused yesterday and pushed around like a ragdoll.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back." - Oscar Wilde

#30 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16353 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Our best O Line combo is......um....uh.....uhhh.......hmmm :dunno: I know it involves

LT
LG
C-Shipley
RG-Linkenbach
RT-

No I dont think Castonzo is our LT of the future(I think he will look alot better in the pass game as Luck grows more and more comfortable but I dont think much improvement coming from him consistently in opening up holes for the run game

#31 Mameluc

Mameluc
  • 1970 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

to me it should be
Castonzo Reitz Shipley Mcglynn Likenbach or
Castonzo Reitz Shipley likenbach Justice.

and i dont agree with what Gavin said about castonzo, i think his run blicking is underrated

#32 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16353 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

If everyone was healthy then

LT-Ijalana
LG-Linkenbach
C-Shipley
RG-Justice
RT-Castonzo

#33 buccolts

buccolts
  • 1964 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

.......awaiting us, come this off season.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#34 Peytonparker

Peytonparker
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

If everyone was healthy then

LT-Ijalana
LG-Linkenbach
C-Shipley
RG-Justice
RT-Castonzo

I was just wondering what makes you think Ijalana is capable of playing LT at the pro level?

#35 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16353 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

I was just wondering what makes you think Ijalana is capable of playing LT at the pro level?

Wasn't Ijalana discussed at LT a while back, Nothing makes me think he can at this point but I dont thin Castonzo is our answer at LT

#36 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Wasn't Ijalana discussed at LT a while back, Nothing makes me think he can at this point but I dont thin Castonzo is our answer at LT

You have seen Ijalana play for about a quarter when the other team had no film on him and did not practice for him yet you are ready to hand him the job or protecting Andrew Luck's blind side? It's very questionable to if Ijalana is even on the roster next year let alone being the starting left tackle. I understand people like to try to be different but it's calls like this that make me glad that the fans don't run the team. IF, and that's a big if, Ijalana comes back from this injury and plays well with the STARTERS and Castonzo becomes a problem then they might look at it but frankly left tackle isn't the big problem with the o-line. It's the middle of the line where the heat comes from most of the time. That's guards and the center. Honestly I would be okay with bringing Castonzo and Justice back as tackles IF we upgrade the other three positions.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#37 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Andrew Luck said on espn today that Samson Satele is the guy he defers to as the "teams leader"
That says to me...
If Satele is healthy, he will be the starter.

I'll also say this the one knock I've noticed on Shipley is that his snaps are low and before I get nailed for "nit picking" like I did last time I brought that up that's an important detail when talking about a center when your QB spends a good bit of time in shotgun. Clearly it's something that can be improved but could play a role as to why he's not starting over Satele along with the leadership quality.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#38 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16353 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

You have seen Ijalana play for about a quarter when the other team had no film on him and did not practice for him yet you are ready to hand him the job or protecting Andrew Luck's blind side? It's very questionable to if Ijalana is even on the roster next year let alone being the starting left tackle. I understand people like to try to be different but it's calls like this that make me glad that the fans don't run the team. IF, and that's a big if, Ijalana comes back from this injury and plays well with the STARTERS and Castonzo becomes a problem then they might look at it but frankly left tackle isn't the big problem with the o-line. It's the middle of the line where the heat comes from most of the time. That's guards and the center. Honestly I would be okay with bringing Castonzo and Justice back as tackles IF we upgrade the other three positions.

I agree that it is obvious that the interior of our O Line is a real concern(Thats obvious). We have two Guards and a Center who simply have not gotten the job done this year(to me it was a given from day 1 it was not going to work well at all) and while Justice not being a world beater, he has played decent but dont see him as being the answer at RT.I think pre injury Ijalana was better suited at LT and to help not expose Justices slow feet he could have been tried at Guard.(This was all pre injury), Next year I would do something different. As for who we put out there for the rest of the season, ......Castonzo-LT LG-Linkenbach C-Shipley RG-Mcglynn RT-Justice

#39 weslo1812

weslo1812
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

I agree to putting AQ Shipley in at center. Hes played well in just about every opportunity hes gotten. Satele doesnt look like hes gonna stay healthy anyways.
"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us"? NIV

#40 unitaswestand

unitaswestand
  • 1202 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Our best Oline will be Castonzo, Reitz, and maybe Shipley. The rest have to go I am not even sure about Reitz. Hopefully bring in a few via free agency and the draft.

This year, I think Castonzo, Reitz, Shipley, Linkenbeast, and Justice would be the best setup. Just not Seth Olsen. Please not Seth Olsen. PLEASE!!

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      23 Apr
    BrentMc11

'possibly' having a re-do on my right eye tomorrow depending on the risk. It is still too far-sighted. I am too young to not have it done with a better script. Hoping it is easy...may have stitches this time with bigger incision.

Show comments (9)
View All Updates