Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

our best o-line is.......

CR91

i think the best o-line would be canstonzo,reitz,shipley,satale,justice. It seems to me the o-line plays better when shipley is in. a lot of our good runs came when shipley was playing center. I dont think satale has enough of a mean streak to play center. Maybe a move would be good for him. what are your opinions on th best o-line we can possibly have.

i think the best o-line would be canstonzo,reitz,shipley,satale,justice. It seems to me the o-line plays better when shipley is in. a lot of our good runs came when shipley was playing center. I dont think satale has enough of a mean streak to play center. Maybe a move would be good for him. what are your opinions on th best o-line we can possibly have.

Move Reitz to RG and swap Satele for Link, and you have a deal.

Castonzo, Link, Shipley, Reitz, Justice

sometimes a position change is good for a player

.........And sometimes it's a terrible idea. I just don't think he is strong enough to play guard in our blocking scheme. IMO, he is best suited for the center position, but he needs to get it together because right now he's probably the 3rd best center we have on the team.(Shipley, McGlynn)

.........And sometimes it's a terrible idea. I just don't think he is strong enough to play guard in our blocking scheme. IMO, he is best suited for the center position, but he needs to get it together because right now he's probably the 3rd best center we have on the team.(Shipley, McGlynn)

so what do you suggest would be our best o line

so what do you suggest would be our best o line

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the other's you suggested, I would just switch Satele for Link. And that pains me to say that because I'm not a fan of Link at all, but when he has played guard this yr. he has actually done pretty well.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the other's you suggested, I would just switch Satele for Link. And that pains me to say that because I'm not a fan of Link at all, but when he has played guard this yr. he has actually done pretty well.

i havent been able to watch many colts games this year, but I have heard many people praising link

Why are you guys dogging our OL, in my imagination they're very good. In my imagination, my imaginary OL has all players going to the pro bowl!!!!

My imagination wins 1 to nothing yeah!!!

All you have to do is sing the imagination song.

Imagin!! Imaginaaaaaation, imaginaaaaaayyyyytttiiionnn, ohhhh imagine, imaginaaaahhhhyyyyyeeeeeeetion!!!!!

Some of the blame, no matter who is playing, goes to our coaching staff. When they're constantly sending the blitz, like yesterday, they have to call a screen to back them off.

Except for AC, no one on that line will ever be mistaken for a pro bowl player. That's why I cringe whenever we go empty backfield.

Our best O Line combo is......um....uh.....uhhh.......hmmm :dunno: I know it involves

LT

LG

C-Shipley

RG-Linkenbach

RT-

No I dont think Castonzo is our LT of the future(I think he will look alot better in the pass game as Luck grows more and more comfortable but I dont think much improvement coming from him consistently in opening up holes for the run game

Wasn't Ijalana discussed at LT a while back, Nothing makes me think he can at this point but I dont thin Castonzo is our answer at LT

You have seen Ijalana play for about a quarter when the other team had no film on him and did not practice for him yet you are ready to hand him the job or protecting Andrew Luck's blind side? It's very questionable to if Ijalana is even on the roster next year let alone being the starting left tackle. I understand people like to try to be different but it's calls like this that make me glad that the fans don't run the team. IF, and that's a big if, Ijalana comes back from this injury and plays well with the STARTERS and Castonzo becomes a problem then they might look at it but frankly left tackle isn't the big problem with the o-line. It's the middle of the line where the heat comes from most of the time. That's guards and the center. Honestly I would be okay with bringing Castonzo and Justice back as tackles IF we upgrade the other three positions.

Andrew Luck said on espn today that Samson Satele is the guy he defers to as the "teams leader"

That says to me...

If Satele is healthy, he will be the starter.

I'll also say this the one knock I've noticed on Shipley is that his snaps are low and before I get nailed for "nit picking" like I did last time I brought that up that's an important detail when talking about a center when your QB spends a good bit of time in shotgun. Clearly it's something that can be improved but could play a role as to why he's not starting over Satele along with the leadership quality.

You have seen Ijalana play for about a quarter when the other team had no film on him and did not practice for him yet you are ready to hand him the job or protecting Andrew Luck's blind side? It's very questionable to if Ijalana is even on the roster next year let alone being the starting left tackle. I understand people like to try to be different but it's calls like this that make me glad that the fans don't run the team. IF, and that's a big if, Ijalana comes back from this injury and plays well with the STARTERS and Castonzo becomes a problem then they might look at it but frankly left tackle isn't the big problem with the o-line. It's the middle of the line where the heat comes from most of the time. That's guards and the center. Honestly I would be okay with bringing Castonzo and Justice back as tackles IF we upgrade the other three positions.

I agree that it is obvious that the interior of our O Line is a real concern(Thats obvious). We have two Guards and a Center who simply have not gotten the job done this year(to me it was a given from day 1 it was not going to work well at all) and while Justice not being a world beater, he has played decent but dont see him as being the answer at RT.I think pre injury Ijalana was better suited at LT and to help not expose Justices slow feet he could have been tried at Guard.(This was all pre injury), Next year I would do something different. As for who we put out there for the rest of the season, ......Castonzo-LT LG-Linkenbach C-Shipley RG-Mcglynn RT-Justice

I agree to putting AQ Shipley in at center. Hes played well in just about every opportunity hes gotten. Satele doesnt look like hes gonna stay healthy anyways.

Our best Oline will be Castonzo, Reitz, and maybe Shipley. The rest have to go I am not even sure about Reitz. Hopefully bring in a few via free agency and the draft.

This year, I think Castonzo, Reitz, Shipley, Linkenbeast, and Justice would be the best setup. Just not Seth Olsen. Please not Seth Olsen. PLEASE!!