Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dominique Jones Revolving Door

Smonroe

Stanford Routt is awful. I would be 100 % against signing him.

Hmm.....I bet I can name 4 Corners on the Colts that all would or should have been worried about getting a pink slip if we would have signed Routt

1.Powers-God love him his days of pretending to be a starter are over, good effort guy just doesn't have the necessary skills

2.Cassius "Penalty" Vaughn

3.Teddy Wiliams-who?

4.Josh Gordy-I think has some potential as a Nickel Back

I think we have one of the deepest tight end units in the league. I wish Arians would be more creative with the way he uses them. Saunders has basically been an extra linemen since he's been here. We need to send multiple TE's out on routes sometimes. I understand having to leave one in to block at times, but we need to have some plays where they are running safe, checkdown routes instead of staying in to block all the time. If all they're going to do is block, you might as well put an extra linemen on the field. It becomes a wasted spot when we don't utilize the versatility that comes with the TE position.

I think we have one of the deepest tight end units in the league. I wish Arians would be more creative with the way he uses them. Saunders has basically been an extra linemen since he's been here. We need to send multiple TE's out on routes sometimes. I understand having to leave one in to block at times, but we need to have some plays where they are running safe, checkdown routes instead of staying in to block all the time. If all they're going to do is block, you might as well put an extra linemen on the field. It becomes a wasted spot when we don't utilize the versatility that comes with the TE position.

I agree with this.

Plus let's see some of those Arians 3 TE sets. Why not have Allen, Fleener and Saunders on the field at the same time? Then you can either have a power run formation, or send em out to catch against LB's.