Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

not seeing it with my boy luck

Ohio Colt

1 thing I notice is he's getting hit a lot on longer throws. So it's hard to judge him. Luck's problem is RG3 is racking up crazy stats that he can't match. A lot of that is the offense and talent around Luck.

Not only is saying he can't match his stats flat out wrong, but one took over a better team but is given a simple offense that can't win games, while the other was given a far interior team that he is leading to the playoffs.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only is saying he can't match his stats flat out wrong, but one took over a better team but is given a simple offense that can't win games, while the other was given a far interior team that he is leading to the playoffs.

I'm not sure this is correct. Most likely just wishful thinking.

While I have to commend Arians for how the team is doing given the off-field issues, and even Mathis saying he was the teams "MVP" at one point, I think he's trying to run an offense that the colts don't quite have the personnel for just yet - starting with the O-line as everyone well knows. I do know that most of Pittsburgh was not sad to see him leave. All that said, I do hope he succeeds.

Luck is doing all he has been asked and more.

our O-Line is quite decent and is giving him reasonable time to throw. Luck & BA ARE the problem.

Too many receivers running deep routes and LUCK is targeting Reggie and deep routes. And MISSING/Not Seeing Wide Open receivers underneath.

What works for other Elite QB`s isn`t good enough for Luck & BA.

That`s a Fact Jack! And of course Luck is just not that accurate. But I would still keep him! :thmup:

Luck is playing more of a vertical offense then what he played in college. The problem is, the routes are further down field and the offensive line is not protecting him good enough to let him step up in the pocket. So that combination leads to not a high percentage of pass completions and mistakes. I am sure if he would have stepped into a short passing, West Coast Offense, he numbers would be much better. It's arguable that he is playing the best offense for him. But you can't argue with the winning record.

Matt Cassel completed a high percentage of his passes and made the Pro Bowl, but I don't think anyone ever thought he was a good QB. Doesn't take much to throw short passes when you have a good running attack.

This is not an excuse but outside of Wayne, they really dont have a good, consistent option at WR. Hilton has been coming along the past few weeks but still is a rookie. Avery does not get open consistently and routinely drops passes that should be caught. Fleener has been slow getting acclimated to the league and has been injured now. Dwayne Allen is a good short to intermediate reciever but he is a TE that has been utilized more for his blocking skill this season because of the oline issues.

And that's another thing too, the line itself when healthy and has had time to gel isn't half bad AT RUN BLOCKING. Pass blocking is another story and Castanzo has been the only one on that line who has played with any level of consistentsy in that area.

You also have to attribute Luck's ability to scramble and buy time. There have been plenty of times where no one is open downfield and Luck will buy enough time to let someone get open. Peyton for all the awesomeness he embodies wouldn't be successful at all really with these pieces in my opinion. No one besides Reggie plays at s high level game in and game out. This is what happens when you have a young team. Give them some time and enjoy this years ride. It'll be gone before you know it.

our O-Line is quite decent and is giving him reasonable time to throw. Luck & BA ARE the problem.

Too many receivers running deep routes and LUCK is targeting Reggie and deep routes. And MISSING/Not Seeing Wide Open receivers underneath.

What works for other Elite QB`s isn`t good enough for Luck & BA.

That`s a Fact Jack! And of course Luck is just not that accurate. But I would still keep him! :thmup:

wow you really arent watching the same game. I see a pocket collapsing and Luck having to maneuver to even get a pass off a good portion of the time.

That aint the fact there Jack.

i think he will flourish as well. I'm not worried - just thought I would be more impressed to this point.

Nobody is perfect all of the time. Luck is doing enough to get wins in a very tough league. Have there been some unimpressive moments? For sure, no denying that.

I think most people, myself included, expected Bob Griffin to come in and have some really flashy games and just absolutely wow people. The media is going to glorify him, perhaps deservedly so. There's no doubt he's been brilliant, but so has Luck. Luck is already expected to be able to carry this team, and for the most part he has. Sure he makes some poor throws and has a high level of INTs but so did Peyton as a rookie, and he only won 3 games. Sure he targets Reggie a lot but he would be dumb not to. I'm not saying he should always target him but he is the most consistent WR we have. Not to mention he has a significant number of rookies and newcomers around him plus a line that has been rotating starters for the majority of the season due to injuries. We are so quick to jump on him for his errors that we forget the good games (GB and MIA for example). He is breaking rookie records and is showing flashes of brilliance. All I ask is that we just take a deep breath and enjoy what has turned out to be a special season thus far. If these mistakes continue through next season then we can have cause for concern. Until then let's just enjoy the fact that a group of rookies and newcomers, led by our new rookie QB and some strong veterans, is surprising the masses by making a run at the playoffs.

Team already has as many, or more, wins than most thought and all the majority of this site does is complain. Shows a lot about people.

so true. all I read is "Wahhhhh wahhhhh wahhhhhh"...

it's fun to see the personal opinions of people, keeps me interested, and to each his or her own, but some of you.. wow

Too sloppy, missing too many throws.

I like Luck, I know he'll be extraordinary... but he has not been all that good this season save about 2-3 games. He gets a huge free pass within the media. He needs to be a LOT better. Anyone who has read my posts knows I'm big on Luck both for now and in the future but I don't see what the experts are forcing themselves to see. He's not playing that good of football.

THEN WHO THE HECK ARE YOU "SEEING IT" FROM? Jeez he just out performed a 7 year vet, 5 year starter, and future starter next year. Oh well, it just would't be fun if EVERYONE knew how good Luck is.

I dont know, his stats are still kind of messy in a lot of ways. He can throw for a lot of yards in his sleep, but he rarely has a clean day.

Just would like to see him tidy things up a bit... He's better than this (which is scary).

Stop looking at stats and actually watch him play. He's obviously not perfect, he's a rookie, but if you don't watch him and don't like what you see, you're ignorant. At times, he has missed open receivers and forced the ball into tight coverage, sure. Those things happen to rookies no matter how prepared you are. Now show me someone at this stage with better pocket awareness, control of the system (one he's never been in before), ability to scramble and make plays, throw the ball accurately while getting hit, etc. Oh, and he has FOUR 4th quarter comebacks in the first 11 games of his career. Watching him in the 2 minute drill is a thing of beauty. If you take everything into account and you are disappointed with where is at currently, just not sure what to say.

I hate to see comparison between Luck and RG3 specially because our defense dont force a single turnover

Last 2 games that RG3 threw for 4 TDs Redskins always made picks and forced fumbles, he threw 4 TDs in a game that he threw 15 passes against a horrible Eagles team

With Luck we ALWAYS start at the 20 yard line

Here we go with this so called "college style" offense again. Can someone please tell me the definition of a college style offense? This is a pro game with pro players. If a college style offense was so easy to run in the pros don't you think every team would be doing it and winning games?

Nope you need the right style quarterback.

Tebow, Newton and Brown all had success running a college style offense for about half a year then the pros had tape on them and put a stop to it.

. This is exactly right. Dinks and dunks ...screens and run for your life. They have far more talent (veteran talent) on that team. They spoon feed him.

People need to be patient with Luck. Realize what is being asked of him. This is a complicated vertical offense with not much talent to work with. We could have a dink and dunk offense riddled with screen passes and bootlegs for short gains, but ultimately this offense, this early in his career will make him a monster in the next 3 years.

"Your 'boy' Luck, huh?"

Not sure of the purpose of your post, other than to cause friction.

Suspect a Bobby Griffin troll lurks.

Ohio Colt has been a big supporter of Andrew for a couple of years now as most long-time posters to the board know, so I can say with total assurance that is an inaccurate statement. Goodness knows we have had a few around here laley but this is not one of them.