Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we went RG3 instead of Luck would we still be 6-3?

Tony Sullivan

Me? A Colts fan? Well, I guess GoPats, Dynasty, Yehoodi, JJ, and quite a few others here are Colts fans too, and watch every game, even though all they do is post on the Colts forum. That's great logic there, man. Considering that the Colts are currently 6-3, your prediction of losing 10 games hasn't quite been disproven yet. The Texans don't play till 7:30 tonight...so I can't get on my computer at 11 in the morning? Again, take your schedule into account. I don't take shots at 12, actually, because I am not as spiteful as so many on this board are. We do have a big game...possibly a SB preview, actually, in case you were wondering.

I don't see both of them getting to sb. Texans have better shot. I think the bears will get beat by greenbay and the falcons will prob choke as well.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see both of them getting to sb. Texans have better shot. I think the bears will get beat by greenbay and the falcons will prob choke as well.

That first GB and Bears game is definitely a forgettable one for the Bears lol but I think they could beat the Falcons in the postseason. If the Falcons prove they can get over that hump, well, anything is possible.

The replacement refs didn't blow anything, in my opinion. It was just a scapegoat kind of game, but everyone has their own opinions about that lol.

they didn't even catch the ball at the same time. the greenbay guy caught it and then the seahawks guy put his hand on it. I look forward to see greenbay blow them out in playoffs lol

That's great. I sure hope it goes better for you then the GB game did.

Well it'll be better than the way the first game against Gabby and the Jaguars, or when the Bears played the Colts will, I'm sure. Even if we don't win, the people down here still have SB aspirations. The Bears are like the Texans of the NFC, similar, good teams.

they didn't even catch the ball at the same time. the greenbay guy caught it and then the seahawks guy put his hand on it. I look forward to see greenbay blow them out in playoffs lol

Hahaha if they end up playing each other in the playoffs the Seahawks had better hope that it's not in GB. They will be booed everytime their offense takes the field, whether it be deserved or not. That atmosphere would be crazy, but it would be the same if the Packers played at the Seahawks stadium. I kind of want it to happen, just to see how crazy it gets. :)

I don't get it. What's wrong with his belief that the game is easier than practice? And the Rams weren't hitting too hard, that was not his complaint at all. Do you not like how he doesn't thank every defender and give him congrats like 12 does after hits? He came from a military family and is just as mature as 12 is. No need to knock another QB just because yours is winning and the other team's is not. No need to act like obnoxious Patriot fans...

Seriously? John didn't like his comments (and nor did I) and it's obnoxious? And I can say with absolute certainty that the Pats fans are no more obnoxious than any other teams' fans, including Texans fans, as your post above showcases.

Well it'll be better than the way the first game against Gabby and the Jaguars, or when the Bears played the Colts will, I'm sure. Even if we don't win, the people down here still have SB aspirations. The Bears are like the Texans of the NFC, similar, good teams.

true I just don't like cutler hopefully watt sacks him about 7 times so he'll whine and cry like the greenbay game lol. The game is a win win in my house. If the bears win it helps out the colts but if the texans win it helps out my wife's team the packers.

Seriously? John didn't like his comments (and nor did I) and it's obnoxious? And I can say with absolute certainty that the Pats fans are no more obnoxious than any other teams' fans, including Texans fans, as your post above showcases.

Picking at a QB about miniscule things like commercials, action figures, socks, not liking late hits, and calling another man immature does scream obnoxious to me. And no, I am not saying that it was all John Dee. I was referring to Manning and Brady when I said Patriots fans, I'm not calling them all obnoxious. Heck, I like the Patriots in the AFC, the Broncos as well, if I can't root for my Texans. My comment above is in no way obnoxious, so I don't know where that is coming from.

true I just don't like cutler hopefully watt sacks him about 7 times so he'll whine and cry like the greenbay game lol. The game is a win win in my house. If the bears win it helps out the colts but if the texans win it helps out my wife's team the packers.

Hahahaha oh yeah. So one of you will be satisfied by the time the night is over hahaha. I like Cutler and his grittiness but I too hope Watt gets about seven on him. Or at least let Barwin and Reed have some fun, haha. His offensive line better step their game up tonight, or it will be a long night for their offense.

Me? A Colts fan? Well, I guess GoPats, Dynasty, Yehoodi, JJ, and quite a few others here are Colts fans too, and watch every game, even though all they do is post on the Colts forum. That's great logic there, man. Considering that the Colts are currently 6-3, your prediction of losing 10 games hasn't quite been disproven yet. The Texans don't play till 7:30 tonight...so I can't get on my computer at 11 in the morning? Again, take your schedule into account. I don't take shots at 12, actually, because I am not as spiteful as so many on this board are. We do have a big game...possibly a SB preview, actually, in case you were wondering.

Getting kinda edgy there quizboy.Cant blame you, I know the Texans can smell the baby "monsters breath" already starting to breathe down their necks, way sooner than ever imagined..Watch out for that SB preview mentality, Colts fans have been there before..too many 12 win seasons only to be 1 and done for my liking. But the new Colts "monster" is being built differently, hopefully with different end results. Good luck against the Bears, but by tomorrow morning "the monster" might be 1 game closer, its possible!

Getting kinda edgy there quizboy.Cant blame you, I know the Texans can smell the baby "monsters breath" already starting to breathe down their necks, way sooner than ever imagined..Watch out for that SB preview mentality, Colts fans have been there before..too many 12 win seasons only to be 1 and done for my liking. But the new Colts "monster" is being built differently, hopefully with different end results. Good luck against the Bears, but by tomorrow morning "the monster" might be 1 game closer, its possible!

Hahaha yep, it's very possible! I had this same kind of mentality last year, except it was a playoffs mentality. Hopefully my mentalities are right lol...if we beat the Bears we are no doubt serious contenders. Here's to a good game tonight...in red and blue's favor. :D

the first couple of games i think rgIII was ready for the nfl speed. however luck caught up and i would say passed him a little. at the quarter mark of the season every one pretty much said ROY was griffin's to lose... however now he isn't getting many votes cause luck is play at an mvp level. (note mvp level doesn't mean the MVP, see brees vs rodgers 2012)

Find it rather confusing and at times humorous how and why a Texan fan would post 16-times on a "Colts Forum" thread. Since the Texan's are having such great success this season, why in the world are you wasting your time over on an AFC's opponent's forum?

Because this is America. :rock:

the first couple of games i think rgIII was ready for the nfl speed. however luck caught up and i would say passed him a little. at the quarter mark of the season every one pretty much said ROY was griffin's to lose... however now he isn't getting many votes cause luck is play at an mvp level. (note mvp level doesn't mean the MVP, see brees vs rodgers 2012)

I'm curious as to who will get it. If either of them manages to get their teams to the playoffs somehow, things will definitely heat up, and the one who has the most success at it will definitely get ROY. If Martin and Morris continue playing well, they can also make a case.

I'm curious as to who will get it. If either of them manages to get their teams to the playoffs somehow, things will definitely heat up, and the one who has the most success at it will definitely get ROY. If Martin and Morris continue playing well, they can also make a case.

agreed, however i think the nfc is much better than the afc this year and i have a hard time seeing how wash gets in over GB/CHI, SEA, plus man other in the NFC, and i can't see them winning the division over NYG,PHI, or DAL. as for martin and morris i think they have to play lights out for them to beat out a qb. just the nature of the nfl i suppose.

agreed, however i think the nfc is much better than the afc this year and i have a hard time seeing how wash gets in over GB/CHI, SEA, plus man other in the NFC, and i can't see them winning the division over NYG,PHI, or DAL. as for martin and morris i think they have to play lights out for them to beat out a qb. just the nature of the nfl i suppose.

Yeah, true. I wanted Washington to win the East before the season started and they have only played the Giants once, haven't played the other East teams yet. If the Cowboys and Eagles keep imploding they could have a shot though. The Giants are inconsistent but they are the most likely to win the division at this point. The nature of the NFL is definitely leaning more towards the quarterbacks hahaha, so it will more than likely be between 12 and 10 in the end.

Yeah, true. I wanted Washington to win the East before the season started and they have only played the Giants once, haven't played the other East teams yet. If the Cowboys and Eagles keep imploding they could have a shot though. The Giants are inconsistent but they are the most likely to win the division at this point. The nature of the NFL is definitely leaning more towards the quarterbacks hahaha, so it will more than likely be between 12 and 10 in the end.

i would through (pun intended) tannehill in the convo also. as i think the phins could be in the hunt for the playoffs

i would through (pun intended) tannehill in the convo also. as i think the phins could be in the hunt for the playoffs

If he gets them there, and 12 doesn't, then it's a given. He's improved week by week, and he's putting up numbers with a team that has a history of being horrendous. He and Wilson could be hindered by their strong defenses in the long haul though when it comes to voting. This was a good year to be a quarterback lol.

If he gets them there, and 12 doesn't, then it's a given. He's improved week by week, and he's putting up numbers with a team that has a history of being horrendous. He and Wilson could be hindered by their strong defenses in the long haul though when it comes to voting. This was a good year to be a quarterback lol.

the dolphins getting stomped by the titans

to the OP I seriously doubt it. I would have been flat out ticked if we drafted RG3PO. Let him worry about making all his stupid commercials while Luck focuses on FOOTBALL!

Why not? Why do you doubt it? Its not like the Colts have played that great of competition. The defense has kept them in most of the games these past couple of weeks and are playing much better than Washington's defense is.

I think RG3 would flourish greatly in Arians system.

To be honest Arians spead-style offense is closer to what RG3 ran in college than the option-read/pistol offense that Shanny is running. You don't throw for 4700 yards in an option-read offense in college like RG3 did last year. The Redskins defense is terrible and took a huge shot when Orakpo and Kerrigan went out. This Colts defense has came through quite well over the past few weeks.

I think RG3 would probably be better suited for this offense moreso than the one he is running in Washington. Lots of shotgun formations and allowing him to use his arm with the ability to take off if nothing is there. No different than what Luck is doing now.

I still don't believe the Colts nor the Redskins could have went wrong with either pick. Both are going to be fantastic players for years.

From what I understand , Shanahan "molded" much of the offense to fit RG3"s skill set and what he had done in college. He isn't asked to read defenses the same as Luck as been asked to do as they've tried to keep in a little more simple for RG. Also Luck has had to make way more difficult throws in Arian's offense. Much of this is what I've read as I haven't seen every Redskin game... mostly just bits and pieces. This isn't to say that RG3 is not a great prospect , just my opinion that he would be having a more difficult time running the Colt offense than Luck has.

I also agree with those that feel RG3 has faced a tougher schedule and he's handcuffed with losing Garcon and Fred Davis. On the other hand he has a better O Line and running game.

If you push me to say which QB I would have taken if I were making the decision this April , it would be the guy that doesnt have a 3 in his name.

From what I understand , Shanahan "molded" much of the offense to fit RG3"s skill set and what he had done in college. He isn't asked to read defenses the same as Luck as been asked to do as they've tried to keep in a little more simple for RG. Also Luck has had to make way more difficult throws in Arian's offense. Much of this is what I've read as I haven't seen every Redskin game... mostly just bits and pieces. This isn't to say that RG3 is not a great prospect , just my opinion that he would be having a more difficult time running the Colt offense than Luck has.

I also agree with those that feel RG3 has faced a tougher schedule and he's handcuffed with losing Garcon and Fred Davis. On the other hand he has a better O Line and running game.

If you push me to say which QB I would have taken if I were making the decision this April , it would be the guy that doesnt have a 3 in his name.

RG3 is running a safer offense and one that doesn't ask him to make a lot of high risk throws, so no this isn't the same offense he ran at Baylor. Arians offense is a lot closer to what he ran at Baylor. Speed and a lot of deep routes.

I think his transition would probably have been easier here than what its been in Washington. Also Baylor ran a very high tempo no huddle offense as well, so again I think he would have been fine here with Arians.

I am happy with Luck though, and would have been just as fine with RG3 as well.

RG3 is running a safer offense and one that doesn't ask him to make a lot of high risk throws, so no this isn't the same offense he ran at Baylor. Arians offense is a lot closer to what he ran at Baylor. Speed and a lot of deep routes.

I think his transition would probably have been easier here than what its been in Washington. Also Baylor ran a very high tempo no huddle offense as well, so again I think he would have been fine here with Arians.

I am happy with Luck though, and would have been just as fine with RG3 as well.

Good lord... do your homework... Arian's O is nothing like Bayors. Do you see Indy running ANY read option?

Shanny has taken "directly" for Baylor's playbook and molded it into his own.

Oh we... There is always next season Washington fan...

Good lord... do your homework... Arian's O is nothing like Bayors. Do you see Indy running ANY read option?

Shanny has taken "directly" for Baylor's playbook and molded it into his own.

Oh we... There is always next season Washington fan...

You don't THROW for 4700 yards in a read-option offense. That offense was a completely spread style offense.

I'm a Colts fan by the way. I just don't own a pair of those fancy rose colored glasses that a lot of people seem to wear around here.

You don't THROW for 4700 yards in a read-option offense. That offense was a completely spread style offense.

I'm a Colts fan by the way. I just don't own a pair of those fancy rose colored glasses that a lot of people seem to wear around here.

Um because we see what luck has done and what he may become? Real Rosie. Or the ones wearing the rosé colored classes because we support what irsay and company has done in the off season. So I guess we are either rg lovers, peytonites or have rose colored glasses cause we believe in our team and luck.

You would be 2-6 right now eliminated from playoff hopes and kicking the wall.

As I stated in another thread, the Colts defense has given up 20pts or less in 5 of the 9 week and 22 to the Jags in week 3. On top of that they have been rock solid in the 2nd half of games. The Colts have plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball that I don't doubt Griffin could have came in and put up a little over 20 to win those games.

Vice versely, if the Redskins had Luck would they only be 3-6?

Just something I thought of when my friends were talking about who is better.

Personally I don't think so. Not even to knock RG3 because he's been tremendous as well, but when you're watching Luck you're truly seeing greatness develop week in week out.

If we went RG3 and kept Manning we might be 7-2.