Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason La Canfora just said there's been no talks with the Cowboys, ruling Mike Jenkins out I guess.

On twitter that is...I dont know how to post a "tweet"

That makes me happy, here's the tweet

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Lot of speculation out there Colts trade could be for Mike Jenkins, given their need at CB. I'm told no talks w/Cowdoys. Can rule him out

Expand

I have no problems with Irsay doing this - his enthusiasm is infectious. It's just that unless the only thing they are waiting for is for the ink to dry on the agreements, this type of thing can NOT be making Grigson's job easier. It could even cost him leverage in a deal if he is trying to play things close to the vest ("ah, we'd like to get him but it's not THAT big a deal") and all of a sudden the owner is bouncing around like a 5 year old.

Who knows what's going on in his mind.

I personally like it. Makes it seem like he's more like one of the guys instead of a stuck up rich *...which I have to deal with at times. Its usually the wannabe baller types who really get on my nerves.

Conspiracy Theory Mode On: He said they were moving behind the curtain "must move behind the curtain!", the Steelers are the "Steel Curtain" yup that confirms it's Mike Wallace

/Mode Off

:P

sounds like something he would do, but I really hope its not him.

found this on rotoworld.com

Cary Williams - DB - Ravens

A reliable source tells the Indianapolis Star the player the Colts are pursuing in trade talks is a cornerback.

Owner Jim Irsay's comments suggest the trade target is a veteran looking for a new contract. Williams reportedly turned down a three-year, $15 million offer before training camp, and the Ravens have depth in 2011 first-rounder Jimmy Smith. CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora confirms the Colts have had no talks with the Cowboys about Mike Jenkins' (shoulder) availability. Rotoworld's Evan Silva suspects Dolphins CB Vontae Davis could be the Colts' target, as Williams is playing Thursday night. If he was involved in talks, the Ravens would likely hold him out.

this would be Nice..