Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People might think Davis would not require the "checkbook" and it is odd for him to be playing if it were him in the discussions, but he does want a new contract, and has ties to Pagano, and would solidify our top 2 CB's......hmm..... seems like the safest bet, but I'm lost. I do think it would be a big deal and would not be let down, as long as it isn't too high a pick we trade

I also read today thats assante samuel is apparently on the outs already in atlanta... could it be samuel?... seems far fetched but does have griggs ties from philly and is a man corner.. I hope not but since we're all rumoring why not?..

People might think Davis would not require the "checkbook" and it is odd for him to be playing if it were him in the discussions, but he does want a new contract, and has ties to Pagano, and would solidify our top 2 CB's......hmm..... seems like the safest bet, but I'm lost. I do think it would be a big deal and would not be let down, as long as it isn't too high a pick we trade

Davis isn't the one with the ties to Pagano. Its Williams that has ties to Pagano and is the one thats playing tonight. I'm not sure anything will happen tonight but i will be keeping my eyes on these forums just in case! Either way I'm excited because i do think something is going to happen!

I"ll say this.....

If we make a trade where we are sending out a high draft pick (read 1st or 2nd round) to take on a veteran player like a CB or OT, or whatever the position.... here's what I think it signals...

I think it means that Irsay/Grigson/Pagano all feel that we have a very good chance of being a playoff team THIS YEAR.

Think about that.

No reason to trade a high pick for a player if you don't think we've got a very, very good shot at the playoffs.

I hope we're not over-evaluating what we've seen after just two pre-season games. That might be a bad mis-read of our situation....

The next few days/few weeks leading up to the start of the regular season are going to be fascinating to watch....

Could be. But of course many of us expect them to use a "high pick" on a CB next year regardless. Using that pick for a young yet established player whom the FO thinks is suited for their system isn't advancing "the plan" all that much. However I certainly hope that they don't start trading picks for older players - I can't imagine they expect the team to be THAT successful. Could you imagine if they traded next years number one for a 30 year old CB, and it turned out to be top ten pick?

How does Davis, who played collegiately at Illinois and was drafted by the Dolphins have ties to Pagano whose last college coaching job was at North Carolina and spent the last four years with the Ravens?

Could be. But of course many of us expect them to use a "high pick" on a CB next year regardless. Using that pick for a young yet established player whom the FO thinks is suited for their system isn't advancing "the plan" all that much. However I certainly hope that they don't start trading picks for older players - I can't imagine they expect the team to be THAT successful. Could you imagine if they traded next years number one for a 30 year old CB, and it turned out to be top ten pick?

Hmm thanks I tried to not think about it although I did briefly before but now lol thanks

I'm thinking Jake Long could very well be a Longshot still...... at first glanc eit makes no sense for Miami, but he did tick off Joe Philbin, hasn't been the healthiest guy ever if I remember correctly, and their GM supposedly thinks he drafted a OL in the 2nd ( Jonathan Martin ) who could step into his spot.... and his 11.2 million expires after this season, necessitating Irsay opening the wallet..... Longshot I know, but man..... that would be awesome...

Okay guys I must confess that I'm the one who is in trade talks with the colts.. I have offered Jimmy and Griggs my Chad Bratski, Cato June, Brandon Stokely, Mike Doss, and Mike Peterson Jerseys for 25% off a new Nike Colts Luck Jersey.. Jimmy ain't Budging though as he also wants me to throw in my Harbaugh.. I offered up my Terrence Wilikins but he really wants Harbaugh.. what should I do?

. @mortreport said on espn @JimIrsay tweets suggesting big #Colts trade are nothing more than him messing with #NFL and twitterverse.

— Mark Alesia (@markalesia)

August 24, 2012

" @mortreport said on espn @JimIrsay tweets suggesting big #Colts trade are nothing more than him messing with #NFL and twitterverse."

Irsay is going to be ripped to shreds if this is true,

. @mortreport said on espn @JimIrsay tweets suggesting big #Colts trade are nothing more than him messing with #NFL and twitterverse.

— Mark Alesia (@markalesia)

August 24, 2012

" @mortreport said on espn @JimIrsay tweets suggesting big #Colts trade are nothing more than him messing with #NFL and twitterverse."

Irsay is going to be ripped to shreds if this is true,

Mort's a tool. He can't guess who it is therefore the whole thing is a charade. ;/

Okay guys I must confess that I'm the one who is in trade talks with the colts.. I have offered Jimmy and Griggs my Chad Bratski, Cato June, Brandon Stokely, Mike Doss, and Mike Peterson Jerseys for 25% off a new Nike Colts Luck Jersey.. Jimmy ain't Budging though as he also wants me to throw in my Harbaugh.. I offered up my Terrence Wilikins but he really wants Harbaugh.. what should I do?

This may have been funny if you knew how to spell Bratzke.