Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much. What's going on with you?

Just got back home and saw on my phone that Irsay tweeted that a potential starter might be coming here. Heard high draft pick and possibly big bucks.

And I must say I AM VERY VERY INTERESTED. lmao

MJD? *shrugs* CB? Wallace?

Just a question... I'm not on twitter and don't know how it works... So is there more to this twitter thing Irsay sent out? Because I'm seeing high pick for veteran, but no further indication of which team Is giving up what part of the deal... Is it possible the Colts are giving up the player? Or maybe I'm just Not twitterpated enough with that particular technology.

Which could well mean it is Cary Williams.

This gets my vote as there are rumors that this is the target. Makes perfect sense..

1) Huge need

2) Played for coach Pagano last year.

3) Irsay mentioned opening the checkbook. Williams just turned down a 15 million $ extension. So he won't come cheap.

I'm going to guess this thing is either going to fall apart or get done tonight. The fact that Irsay has been absent from twitter for several hours tells me he's in some pretty intense negotiations.

Good investigation skills.

I'm going to guess this thing is either going to fall apart or get done tonight. The fact that Irsay has been absent from twitter for several hours tells me he's in some pretty intense negotiations.

Or.....

It could mean negotiations have stalled out and both sides decided to take a break for at least a night or more....

This happens more than most here might realize....

Hey, just sayin....

He later tweeted those rumors are false, stated by Jason La Canfora

booooo

Then again who do we believe?

This is from rotoworld

Report: Colts pursuing a veteran cornerback

A reliable source tells the Indianapolis Star the player the Colts are pursuing in trade talks is a cornerback.

Owner Jim Irsay's comments suggest the trade target is a veteran looking for a new contract. Cary Williams reportedly turned down a three-year, $15 million offer before training camp, and the Ravens have depth in 2011 first-rounder Jimmy Smith. CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora confirms the Colts have had no talks with the Cowboys about Mike Jenkins' (shoulder) availability. Rotoworld's Evan Silva suspects Dolphins CB Vontae Davis could be the Colts' target, as Williams is playing Thursday night. If he was involved in talks, the Ravens would likely hold him out.

booooo

Then again who do we believe?

This is from rotoworld

Report: Colts pursuing a veteran cornerback

A reliable source tells the Indianapolis Star the player the Colts are pursuing in trade talks is a cornerback.

Owner Jim Irsay's comments suggest the trade target is a veteran looking for a new contract. Cary Williams reportedly turned down a three-year, $15 million offer before training camp, and the Ravens have depth in 2011 first-rounder Jimmy Smith. CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora confirms the Colts have had no talks with the Cowboys about Mike Jenkins' (shoulder) availability. Rotoworld's Evan Silva suspects Dolphins CB Vontae Davis could be the Colts' target, as Williams is playing Thursday night. If he was involved in talks, the Ravens would likely hold him out.

oops..

umm I meant that umm negotioations with the Mike Wallace deal are getting closer...

There is a lot of talk that it is Williams because from everything i'm seeing around the internet and on twitter talks are in a holding pattern. which could be because the Ravens until very recently were playing a game.

If it is Williams i'd be disappointed.. Not the Vet/Give up high pick for I would want IMO.. Plus he's turning 28 this year... He's not gonna be in his prime that long