Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gonna go ahead and just predict there is no trade thats happening. I think they got a call from a team asking about somebody and Irsay just tweeted what he did. I don't think there was any intention of making a trade. I hope im wrong and they pull off a stunner, but since there is no info anywhere, I don't think anything is happening.

I'm not saying he's not happy, or that he might not have asked for a trade. I just don't see how they can accommodate it without getting another quality WR in return.

well yea who knows...im just passing what i heard about santonio and that maybe thats the trade jim was talking about

Incarcerated Bob@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Holmes wants out of Jets situation NOW! Camp drama continues (Agent called this morning hopes he can be dealt)

Expand

1h IBN_logo_final_normal.pngIncarcerated Bob@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Santonio Holmes has quietly asked for a TRADE if possible (Agent talked with Mike T this morning) #CampDrama

Evan Massey@EMasseyReport

Santonio Holmes has informed the #Jets that he would like to be traded. Not surprised. Things haven't been so good for him there.

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Holmes wants out of Jets situation NOW! Camp drama continues (Agent called this morning hopes he can be dealt)

Expand

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Santonio Holmes has quietly asked for a TRADE if possible (Agent talked with Mike T this morning) #CampDrama

Santonio Holmes has informed the #Jets that he would like to be traded. Not surprised. Things haven't been so good for him there.

Thats weird, Sal Pal is on ESPN(at Jets camp) right now live and he said Holmes was looking forward to suiting up and playing in the next preseason game.

They can keep Holmes as far as im concerned. I don't want him.

JMV is saying he heard from someone (not sure if reliable) that it might be Vontae Davis CB from Miami.

I could see that, I know he was sort of falling out of favor with the new coaching staff there. They think he's lazy.

I'll still believe it when it happens though, A lot of rumors from nobody reputable.

I'd sure like to pull off a trade for Vontae Davis but I dont see how it would work

That would make the most sense since he is an outside CB and we have enough of nickel and dime type of CBs, good for limited downs, except for one outside CB in Powers. Ladarius Webb with the Ravens did not become what he is before Pagano got there. Some guys just need a change of scenery and coaching to maximize their talents.

I'd sure like to pull off a trade for Vontae Davis but I dont see how it would work

The two sides have to agree on what they consider fair value.

Miami would take about a 3.5 dead cap hit for moving him.

His new team would pay him a little more than 2million over the next two years... .957 & 1.136.

I just hope freeney is not part of the deal...Id like to see what we got in him in this new scheme

I'm interested in seeing that too, but to get value he's one only a few possibilities.

Must be, since he's not doing anything but talk about Tebow for 5 minutes on every SportsCenter!

Zactly! Krapitz could give all the information SalPal does, sitting on his couch in Indy.

When is the last time he "broke" ANY significant news from the Jets?

He's got an Italian name and a press badge. He's a B teamer like the dunce down in Dallas who "broke" the story that we piped in crowd noise. ;/

JMV is saying he heard from someone (not sure if reliable) that it might be Vontae Davis CB from Miami.

I'd take him too. He's a good young corner that we can coach up. I've been monitoring that situation

the whole time. It's not too far fetched.

Could someone be interested in Hughes based on his PS performance? o_O

I think that this would be a mistake. You don't trade a young Natural LB who is showing a lot of upside... Hughes reminds me of Rob Morris. Who literally SUCKED until the colts moved him. Then he was a stud LB for the Colts till he got injured. Why would we trade possibly our best LB to be? I think Hughes has good potential. Hes playing well. No trade.

must..have.. more ... rumors...

per gang green

Wilson is already a better cover CB than Cro, but he is much more valuable in the nickel spot than on the outside, even though he would only look better. Could you imagine Cro trying to cover a slot receiver? It wouldn't be pretty. Wilson really shouldn't be going anywhere. Lankster has looked good, but there is no way he can fill Wilson's spot.

Meanwhile, Tanny is probably on the phone with the Lions/Colts right now.

:applause:

Expand

That's what they get for letting Braylon Edwards go. It's funny because they even tried to act arrogant about taking Braylon back. They had a decent offense when they had Edwards, Jericho Cotchery and Brad Smith along with Holmes. Now the whole kit and kaboodle is blowing up. Ha Ha!

Ryan knows zero about offense period!

To be honest, Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill would fit a Tebow oriented offense where the one-on-one matchups will be forced on the outside due to a need to defend the run more. Thus Holmes & Hill (who actually run blocked for the triple option at Georgia Tech at lot) can use their speed to be more productive because they will be more open.

That would, IMO, be more efficient than trying to make Sanchez an efficient pocket passer.

I dont see how they would be obsolete, That number for the Colts Nation is full of great memories with more to come hopefully, Old player jerseys are never obsolete in my opinion. I still wear my Reggie Miller jersey

Maybe obsolete was the wrong word choice, I was really just joking becasue I have a closet full of jerseys, all from players no longer on the team... & Reggie Miller is a different story, he retired a Pacer!! All my jerseys are from players playing for other teams now...