Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donnie Avery is set to play against Redskins

HtownColt

According to Mike Chappell Avery will play Saturday vs redskins now he gets to prove himself once and for all. Can't wait to see my Houston native get on the field in that colts jersey. But hope Collie is 100% for week one I doubt he takes another snap in preseason play

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4724&line=238532&spln=1

He is. But Avery is gonna have to perform like the 4 year player he is. Brazill, Crosby, Whalen (after Sunday's performance lol), & Hilton already have a leg up on him

Only one with a leg up on him is brazill(maybe Hilton), only cause Avery hasn't played.if Avery goes out and catchs 4 balls for 42yrds then he is as good as expected. And we will have a solid 5 receiver rotation with a good mix of veterans and rookies

Only one with a leg up on him is brazill(maybe Hilton), only cause Avery hasn't played.if Avery goes out and catchs 4 balls for 42yrds then he is as good as expected. And we will have a solid 5 receiver rotation with a good mix of veterans and rookies

Agreed. These next 2 Games are just gonna be the Theme of "Who Wants It More?". If you want your spot on that 53 Roster, you have to prove it in these next 2 games. Especially if you're with the 1st unit cause they're playing for 3 quarters I believe. So we should see more of our Defense. I mostly want to see Freeney & Mathis chasing RG3 around like they've been doing other QB's for so long now.

PS: This is my 1,000th Post!!!!!! :td::number1::cheer::thmup::applause: :clap: :disco: :rock: :dancing: :excited::thanks:

Whalen might have a leg up as well, hes not afraid to go over the middle and showed good hands, Hasnt been given the oppurtunity to do it consistently though and Avery is the veteran so Avery likely has the edge from that standpoint as well as from sheer speed,

Whalen might have a leg up as well, hes not afraid to go over the middle and showed good hands, Hasnt been given the oppurtunity to do it consistently though and Avery is the veteran so Avery likely has the edge from that standpoint as well as from sheer speed,

I think Avery had the edge before Sunday night. If the preseason were over now, I'd have Whalen over Avery, since Avery hasn't done anything. A solid showing and a good two weeks of practice by Avery could change that.

I think Avery had the edge before Sunday night. If the preseason were over now, I'd have Whalen over Avery, since Avery hasn't done anything. A solid showing and a good two weeks of practice by Avery could change that.

Agree but I did like the hands that Whalen showed, speed wise its little to no contest when Avery is healthy, Im still not into the idea of putting a little guy in the slot though and having him run over the middle. Whalen showed he could do it but I dont know about a whole season

I think Avery's spot is secure, just because he's missed the last two pre-season games doesn't negate all of the solid practices he's had. Personally, I think the team will strongly consider carrying 6 WR's on the active roster because of Collie's health concerns. I'd like to see Griff be that guy as he brings a different element to the game than the other receivers on the roster.

I didn't get to see the second half of the game(been on vacation but I have it recorded for when I get home) but when did Whalen get into the game? And was it against a 3rd and 4th string defense? Whalen, Adams, Ross, Sambrano are at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to Colts receivers

According to Mike Chappell Avery will play Saturday vs redskins now he gets to prove himself once and for all. Can't wait to see my Houston native get on the field in that colts jersey. But hope Collie is 100% for week one I doubt he takes another snap in preseason play

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4724&line=238532&spln=1

That's great news I'm really pulling for him lot of potential , but like they say you can't make the team from the cold tub or the trainers table

Agreed. These next 2 Games are just gonna be the Theme of "Who Wants It More?". If you want your spot on that 53 Roster, you have to prove it in these next 2 games. Especially if you're with the 1st unit cause they're playing for 3 quarters I believe. So we should see more of our Defense. I mostly want to see Freeney & Mathis chasing RG3 around like they've been doing other QB's for so long now. Congrats

PS: This is my 1,000th Post!!!!!! :td::number1::cheer::thmup::applause: :clap: :disco: :rock: :dancing: :excited::thanks:

he hasnt showed anything to us fans, since we havent been able to see him on real games.

but that doesnt mean he hasnt shown anything, if anything i have read solid things from him. All reports from camp say, that Wayne and Collie are the starters and when going to 3 receivers, he is the first option.

He is. But Avery is gonna have to perform like the 4 year player he is. Brazill, Crosby, Whalen (after Sunday's performance lol), & Hilton already have a leg up on him

Sambrano and Adams also have impressed at times.

I don't know how we'll hide any of these guys on the PS.

he hasnt showed anything to us fans, since we havent been able to see him on real games.

but that doesnt mean he hasnt shown anything, if anything i have read solid things from him. All reports from camp say, that Wayne and Collie are the starters and when going to 3 receivers, he is the first option.

I think there's an argument against that after seeing the results from our young receivers in the first two preseason games. I know he's been solid in practice, but that's restricted to the times he's actually been able to participate. He's spent a couple weeks now having limited participation, and I think his job is definitely more available now than it was two weeks ago.

I think there's an argument against that after seeing the results from our young receivers in the first two preseason games. I know he's been solid in practice, but that's restricted to the times he's actually been able to participate. He's spent a couple weeks now having limited participation, and I think his job is definitely more available now than it was two weeks ago.

now I do agree that the rookies have been impressed, particuarly for me Brazil. but i would like to see what he can do before we say bye bye.

Idk how either. We've showed our Hands too much lol. Everyone is gonna be watching our WR Core decisions

I wouldn't worry about it. If they aren't good enough to make the team then there will be other guys out there like them if they get picked off of our practice squad. All teams have to cut players and maybe we get a few cast offs that fill in our weaker positions.

Anyway it's part of the game every year.

I didn't get to see the second half of the game(been on vacation but I have it recorded for when I get home) but when did Whalen get into the game? And was it against a 3rd and 4th string defense? Whalen, Adams, Ross, Sambrano are at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to Colts receivers

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think Whalen came in the 2nd half and had 4 or 5 receptions for like 50 yards with one reception over the middle for 25 or so yards one short reception for a T.D.

I was pretty impressed with Whalen especially his hands... After the game on Sunday I felt like Whalen made a pretty good campaign to make the final roster... Also felt like Ballard may give Brown a push for the starting position...

TBH if there is anyone that could be the next best route runner for the colts on this team its Whalen, i hope they dont let him go.. Did yall see the move he pulled coming off the line on that CB?

TBH if there is anyone that could be the next best route runner for the colts on this team its Whalen, i hope they dont let him go.. Did yall see the move he pulled coming off the line on that CB?

On the big catch he had? Awesome route. Hate to say it, but he looked a lot like Austin Collie on that route, circa 2010.

Brazil and Hilton have looked pretty good, but Avery was better in camp, more than those two and especially more than Cosby or Ross (never saw Whalen). He's got to perform like a veteran alright, but he'll likely come out this week spotted as the No.2 maybe No.3 WR, because that's what he was at camp.

Brazil and Hilton have looked pretty good, but Avery was better in camp, more than those two and especially more than Cosby or Ross (never saw Whalen). He's got to perform like a veteran alright, but he'll likely come out this week spotted as the No.2 maybe No.3 WR, because that's what he was at camp.

And because Collie isn't playing right? Or are they letting him go back at it?

We need him to do good would love to have

1. Reggie

2. Collie

3. avery

4. T.Y

5. Brazil

Wr Adams or Whalen on p.s

Looking over your five WR do you really think Collie will make the team, we cant aford to go into the season with injury prone players. Plus I think we will be much stronger with a rookie then with Collie.