Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt's Easy Schedule

Creekside

I think we can upset the Bears in week one. Imagine traveling to Chicago and luck just dumping bombs to wayne and collie :O

It's possible. I think it will be a dogfight if we did win because the Bears are a pretty balanced team now that their offense has improved

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible. I think it will be a dogfight if we did win because the Bears are a pretty balanced team now that their offense has improved

Yea especially with marshall and cutler linked up together, but theres also a good chance urlacher might not play too.

Bottom line is, we owe 'em for that beatdown 4 years ago. I was all pumped up that season, and we started out 0-1. Not happening this year. They don't have the Oline to block Freeney, Mathis, Redding, and Nevis.

No but they do have a running back that can slow down our pass rush by just running the ball. I would love it if we could beat the Bears but I still think it's unlikely that we do but I would agree we have shot which is all you can really ask for.

The Colts only play 5 teams in 2012 who had winning records in 2011. And 2 of those winning teams (Texans and Titans) were beaten by last year's Dan Orlovsky-led Colts, even though those two teams were fighting for play-off positions.

False. We clinched the South 2 weeks prior and were 99% guaranteed for the 3rd seed. But yes, the Titans were fighting to stay in the WC race.

And I could sit here and say that the Texans have a legitimate chance to go 16-0 because they can match up with any team that they face this year. Which is true, but we all know that's remote.

I didn't read each post in the thread. I was simply responding to NCF's post. I took that as him thinking those 4 games were easy at first look.

No.... not ME thinking those games are easy.... but others, in this thread, and in other threads who think overall that our schedule is easy... and one of the reasons some here think we've got a real shot at the playoffs. As was stated by others (not me) that we only have5 games on the schedule with teams who were over .500 last year...

That's not my view.... I'm still in the hope/expect to win 5-7 games. And while I think our schedule is one of the easier schedules of any team, i think it's ***NOT*** as easy as one might think. That's why I mentioned those 4 other teams that we face.

Hope that clarifies...

That would fit right along with the how badly Manning has owned the Houston Texans over his career. The entire city of Houston is scared :edit: of Peyton Manning.....it's really quite pathetic.

LOL that couldn't be further from the truth. But think what you like.

No.... not ME thinking those games are easy.... but others, in this thread, and in other threads who think overall that our schedule is easy... and one of the reasons some here think we've got a real shot at the playoffs. As was stated by others (not me) that we only have5 games on the schedule with teams who were over .500 last year...

............I never said there are 5 games where the Colts play teams with a 500+ record from last year. And I never said the Colts have any easy games. ....What I did say is that there are only 5 teams on the Colts schedule who had winning records last year. There are a total of 7 games (Houston and Tenn. twice). People are really reading too much into what I said. It's not rocket science..............My basic point should be obvious: A relatively easy schedule increases any teams chance of winning more games. A relatively difficult schedule increases any teams chances of losing more games.

We will probably end up 9-7 with losses against the Bears, Packers, Jets, Lions, 1 loss against the Titans and 1 loss against the Texans, and we will probably lose a close game to the Chiefs (they're defense is really good and they have 2 good runningbacks). We really don't have that easy of a schedule. records mean nothing, it's all about the way a team plays, we aren't good against the run, so a run based team that should go 2-14 has a good chance to beat us, our O-Line sucks, so a blitzing team has a good chance to beat us. The Texans will end up 9-7. Jags will be 4-12. Titans will be 8-8

False. We clinched the South 2 weeks prior and were 99% guaranteed for the 3rd seed. But yes, the Titans were fighting to stay in the WC race.

And I could sit here and say that the Texans have a legitimate chance to go 16-0 because they can match up with any team that they face this year. Which is true, but we all know that's remote.

....I know the Texans had clinched the division. But, as you admit, they had not clinched the 3rd seed. They played all their healthy starters throughout the game, including Arian Foster until the final drive that was unsuccessfull. They were trying hard to win that game. That was my point.....and my other point, which should have been obvious to you, was simply this: the Colts relatively easy schedule increases their chances of winning more games, just like a relatively difficult schedule would increase their chances of losing more games. Is that really the same as saying the Texans might go 16-0? Is it really?......Or are you just upset that , even though the Texans tried as hard as they possibly could to beat the Colts in their final meeting last year, Dan Orlovsky was just too much for that defense?

Since 1996 at least 5 teams who missed the playoffs the year before, make it. I think the colts have a real good chance to be one of those 5 teams if the pattern stands pat,and the schedule should help. Info: 1996 is when free agency and the salary cap went into effect.

5 teams in 16 years isn't a lot. I'd love to see it happen, but there are a lot of new players on this team and this is going to be a big learning experience even for those who have been around for a while. Give them a year and they will be back to the same old Colts we all know... and winning games.

5 teams in 16 years isn't a lot. I'd love to see it happen, but there are a lot of new players on this team and this is going to be a big learning experience even for those who have been around for a while. Give them a year and they will be back to the same old Colts we all know... and winning games.

I believe he is saying 5 teams in each of those 16 years.

....I know the Texans had clinched the division. But, as you admit, they had not clinched the 3rd seed. They played all their healthy starters throughout the game, including Arian Foster until the final drive that was unsuccessfull. They were trying hard to win that game. That was my point.....and my other point, which should have been obvious to you, was simply this: the Colts relatively easy schedule increases their chances of winning more games, just like a relatively difficult schedule would increase their chances of losing more games. Is that really the same as saying the Texans might go 16-0? Is it really?......Or are you just upset that , even though the Texans tried as hard as they possibly could to beat the Colts in their final meeting last year, Dan Orlovsky was just too much for that defense?

After we lost to Cam I believe Ravens and Pats had to lose every game and we had to win every game in order for us to not have the #3 seed. It was vastly far fetched and I never thought we'd get it. And honestly I've never seen a more vanilla offense run than that game. I was sitting there wondering why we kept running it up the middle almost every time and then would do a check down on 3rd and then punt. It was maddening. I was pretty upset with Kubiak. Throw in some awful ref calls and you have yourself a close game.

The Colts only get 2 games a year based on their record, other than that, it's virtually the same opponents. So maybe you'll go 6-10 instead of 4-12? Whatever. I had you pegged at 5-6 wins anyway. Luck will put up numbers but they'll lose games. And yes, your point was almost the same as my example. And anyways, the Texans have a better shot to go 16-0 than than the Colts do to even win 10. Sorry if that makes you sad.

For Example 2010 Playoff teams

2010 AFC

East Patriots

North Steelers

South Colts

West Chiefs

WC Ravens

WC Jets

In 2011, the Jets, Colts, Chiefs & Steelers failed to make the playoffs.

2010 NFC

South Falcons

North Bears

East Eagles

West Seahawks

WC Saints

WC Packers

In 2011, the Bears, Eagles, Seahawks failed to make the playoffs.

I missed some of this great back and forth on the so-called 'easy schedule.' Pagano will not let this team come and not give 100%. This is a guarantee. I can see him sitting Castonzo for example and inserting Big George Foster in.....in a halftime adjustment. HARK! Did I say adjustments? Where have they gone the last 3 years?

Coney-dog Central (Larry Coyer's game day seat)''had "'not made an adjustment in two years. LBs 5-7 back....DBs 10-12......thank goodness for an attacking defense. You ATTACK each team differently....not in the 'Coney 2' defense. OK..sorry...Coyer's Cover NOBODY defense.

............I never said there are 5 games where the Colts play teams with a 500+ record from last year. And I never said the Colts have any easy games. ....What I did say is that there are only 5 teams on the Colts schedule who had winning records last year. There are a total of 7 games (Houston and Tenn. twice). People are really reading too much into what I said. It's not rocket science..............My basic point should be obvious: A relatively easy schedule increases any teams chance of winning more games. A relatively difficult schedule increases any teams chances of losing more games.

Egg....

Overall, I agree with you. And if you notice, I didn't single you out. I didn't mention you by name. I didn't even say it was only this thread.... I mentioned this thread, and others.... so, I really went out of my way not to put the spotlight on you. At least, that was my intent....

I think we DO have one of the easier schedules.... but perhaps not as easy as it might appear.... of course, I say that today knowing full well that the Jets stunk it up Big Time last night against the Giants.... boy, it would be great if we could go to NYC and steal one from the Jets.... I've got that one in the "L" column for us.... a "W" would be SWEET!!

Hope that clarifies.... :thmup:

The Colts only play 5 teams in 2012 who had winning records in 2011. And 2 of those winning teams (Texans and Titans) were beaten by last year's Dan Orlovsky-led Colts, even though those two teams were fighting for play-off positions. That leaves the Packers (15-1), Patriots (13-3), and the Lions (10-6) as the only winning teams the Colts will face this year. The Lions have a great passing game , but are not a well rounded team. Their defense gave up 5.0 yds per carry on the ground last year. If the Colts can run the ball well against them, they have a chance to beat the Lions. Of course, the rest of the AFC South play the same teams as the Colts with two notable exceptions: While the Colts play the Chiefs (7-9) and the Browns (4-12), the Texans play the Broncos and the Ravens. The Jaguars play the Bengals and the Raiders, and the Titans play the Chargers and the Steelers. So, schedule-wise the Colts seem to have an advantage over their division rivals, especially the Texans. I'm not saying that the Colts will go 14-2, but I would say that the only games the Colts do not have a reasonable chance to win are the games against the Packers and Patriots.

Really deceptive.....wow

Only 5 winning teams but 7 games..and road games against the Bears, Chiefs and Jets cant be termed soft by any stretch, can they?

Its really problematic to rank this year's schedule on last year's results...

,,,but I'm glad we dont play Denver...or New Orleans...

BTW can the Texans and Colts switch week 1 games? Not fair. We have to go to Chicago and they get Miami.

:facepalm:

I would much rather open with Miami for obvious reasons.

I guess we just gotta deal with it. Buckle up and go to Chicago. Make some tackles, create some big plays and hope for the best. :banana:

If Peyton signed with the Chiefs i would be calling them SB champs right now

I have to agree on that ...never really understood why he told them he wasnt interested so early.

they are really, in my eyes, one of the most young-talented teams out there. their secondary is going to blow people ujp and it doesnt hurt to have Hali. they just need a NT and that D is ridiculous.

and they have weapons everywhere on Offense.

5 teams every year,not 5 teams in 16 years

BTW can the Texans and Colts switch week 1 games? Not fair. We have to go to Chicago and they get Miami.

I guess we just gotta deal with it. Buckle up and go to Chicago. Make some tackles, create some big plays and hope for the best. :banana:

You could play us again, although the track record the past 2 years isn't in your favor. ;)

Hey we aren't opening at Houston for the third straight year I'll take that and call it a win!

I am all on Indy's "jock" so far this year but I am putting it out right now. Chicago will blow us out.

First game of the season, all D starters are healthy, and Cutler now has some BIG TIME WR talent.

It won't be prety. I am having high hopes for this season but game one is a very crappy debut.

But ... who knows?......

I am all on Indy's "jock" so far this year but I am putting it out right now. Chicago will blow us out.

First game of the season, all D starters are healthy, and Cutler now has some BIG TIME WR talent.

It won't be prety. I am having high hopes for this season but game one is a very crappy debut.

But ... who knows?......

Johnny, ya been a little 'snarky' lately.....PM me if something is wrong...you seem upset and changing directions.on thoughts

btw/bethea just intercected Big Ben.....PM me.

Really deceptive.....wow

Only 5 winning teams but 7 games..and road games against the Bears, Chiefs and Jets cant be termed soft by any stretch, can they?

Its really problematic to rank this year's schedule on last year's results...

,,,but I'm glad we dont play Denver...or New Orleans...

........deceptive?...FOUR OF THOSE 7 GAMES ARE AGAINST TEAMS THE COLTS BEAT LAST YEAR AS THEIR ONLY TWO WINS. ...and did I use the term "soft"..?...Did you real all my posts?...How many times do I have to correct you guys?....

LOL that couldn't be further from the truth. But think what you like.

lol.....look at you being silly

Peyton Manning career numbers vs the Houston Texans:

16-2 Record

5122 Yards

42 TD Passes (9 Int)

67% Completion %

105.2 QB Rating

Yeah, he doesn't own the Houston Texans. Usain Bolt isn't fast, either :thmup:

........deceptive?...FOUR OF THOSE 7 GAMES ARE AGAINST TEAMS THE COLTS BEAT LAST YEAR AS THEIR ONLY TWO WINS. ...and did I use the term "soft"..?...Did you real all my posts?...How many times do I have to correct you guys?....

This is a completely different team from last year's, so the wins against those two teams you mentioned don't matter.

lol.....look at you being silly

Peyton Manning career numbers vs the Houston Texans:

16-2 Record

5122 Yards

42 TD Passes (9 Int)

67% Completion %

105.2 QB Rating

Yeah, he doesn't own the Houston Texans. Usain Bolt isn't fast, either :thmup:

I think he was referring to your belief that the entire city is afraid of Peyton Manning, not how badly he "owns" the Texans.

I think he was referring to your belief that the entire city is afraid of Peyton Manning, not how badly he "owns" the Texans.

If what I said "couldn't be further from the truth" then Texan fans really must not pay very close attention to how incompetent they are against him & must really be fond of losing!

I don't think a single player has ever owned a franchise more, in any sport, than Peyton Manning owns the Houston Texans. I mean, look at those numbers, for Christ's sake!