Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

some things to look for in the game

CR91

besides the cheerleaders ;). hey the game gets boring once the starters leave you gotta watch something haha. but seriously this is what im looking at

-how the o-line looks

-how the defense looks

-how do our young targets look

-a darkhorse

-who is the best corner to play opposite powers

-and of course the obvious how andrew luck looks

Im looking to see who else can play there way onto the team as well as the other things you mentioned

This game means nothing in normal circumstances...

But Indy has a

new coach

new GM

new QB

new D

... I am kinda geeked really just to see what the 2012 edition of the Indianapolis Colts look like.

Ok... I'm really geeked..

Go Colts

besides the cheerleaders ;). hey the game gets boring once the starters leave you gotta watch something haha. but seriously this is what im looking at

-how the o-line looks

-how the defense looks

-how do our young targets look

-a darkhorse

-who is the best corner to play opposite powers

-and of course the obvious how andrew luck looks

Everything you said -- all good -- plus, who runs the ball well.

Of course I'd like to see this group do well or that group play well, yadda yadda yadda, but what I'm really looking for is attitude. I know it's only preseason, but I just want to see a hungry team that's ready to fight. Mistakes are going to be made, and that's fine as long as they're not excessive....what I want to see is us making great plays or mistakes at full speed and with some attitude. Right now, everyone's got something to prove. We should be chomping at the bit to be able to take out last year's frustrations (for the vets) and the new guys should be all too eager to show they're ready to build something great and get us back to being feared again.

It's more important than your typical preseason game. Gimme some gutsy football tomorrow and I'll be happy. We do that, and I'm sure we'll see plenty of individuals step up and get us excited for the season.

I just wanna watch our Oline mauling some people, and the Dline pushing their Oline back.

I'm ALL for that!

Wouldn't THAT be something different?

Interesting to see how Freeney and Mathis are used and how they do.

I wouldn't expect too much in the way of stunts tho, should be pretty vanilla I would think.

Also , I'll be watching the new and young WRs, this seems like one of the bigger "battles".

Can't wait to see the two rookie TEs too.

Soooooooo much new and exciting to watch for! Its like a brand new team.

I'm ALL for that!

I wouldn't expect too much in the way of stunts tho, should be pretty vanilla I would think.

Also , I'll be watching the new and young WRs, this seems like one of the bigger "battles".

yes or at least an "honest" effort to run the ball.

Talk the talk... walk the walk.

I'm ALL for that!

Yeah I'm not expecting a whole lot in the form of exotic blitzes. I'm expecting to see Hughes out there with the 1's though. They gotta test him out, and Preseason is the best time to start. I also want to see how Nevis looks as a 3-4 DE....dude's all motor, but I don't know if his build is ideal. Then again, a low center of gravity might be tough for an OT to block.

Its still such a bummer that Peyton isn't here. However, I don't remember being this EXCITED since Peyton's rookie year.

It's such a double-edged sword.

But I absolutely LOVE the direction we seem to be going and the "style" of play that we seem to be trying to do.

Love, Love, Love the aggressive attitude. Love the new players drafted and brought in too.

I'm sure Peyton is thinking "where the heck was that when I was there?"

The poor guy's shoulders are probably STILL sore. No wonder his neck was weak from carrying the weight of the team on his back.

Man...there is just so much to take in today. As others have said this is not just any ole preseason game. This is the start of a new friggin era of Colts football. New hierarchy, new franchise qb, new defensive philosophy...let'd do this!

Can't wait to get that first glimpse of Luck in the huddle. Been hearing good things so far but will he past the eye test of expectations?

T.Y. HILTON...wanna see this kid burn down the field. Along with Lavon Brazil...gotta see how our special team return prospects are looking.

What kind of a running game are we going to have? Do we have a bruiser? Can V. Ballard give us that tough edge to our offense that we've been missing since the days of Edgerrin James? Luck's gotta have a viable running game if he is going to be at his best. Will Donald Brown show that he is going to be the man this year? Inquiring minds wanna know brah...

DEFENSE...what will their attitude be like. Are they going to be an edgier, trash talkin, jack-you-up bunch? Can't wait to see some of our 3-4/4-3 hybrid although I expect they will be running basic vanilla schemes for now. Particularly wanna see how Freeney and Mathis are adapting to their expanded roles. How is our secondary looking now that the shackles of playing the "cushion two" has been lifted. Are they manning up and physical?

I could go on and on... Let's just get at it!

so much to look for - complete change is rare, and this is IT.

I want to see Luck command the offense, make intelligent reads. How much time wil the OL give him? Can they open holes for our runners?

On D, can we finally get off the field on the first or second 3rd down??? How aggressive are the corners playing?

ST: can we get some positive yardage off our return teams? Who is going to want to make the team, who's going to make an impact with their time on the field?

Should be a lot we can build off from this first game! So pumped!!

-d.

i want to see pagano's demeanor on the sideline

^^^This^^^ is what im most excited to see. I know we will probably not have a great yr. this yr. and I fully expect Luck to have his good games and his bad one's, but how this team handles itself under the new coaching staff will be very telling for our future. I think (at least im hoping) that Pagano is going to be one heck of a good coach for us.