Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Beautiful Mind.... (Guess Who?!)

NewColtsFan

.... no surprise.... it's the latest on Luck from NFL.com and Albert Breer. His last piece on Luck earned raves here....

Well.... this one will blow your mind! Really.

This piece has Pagano telling Andrew stories on when and how everyone knew that Andrew wasn't like other rookie quarterbacks. That there was something extra special about him.

Read on..... You'll ***LOVE*** This!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000046590/article/andrew-lucks-football-savvy-stuns-colts-coach-chuck-pagano?module=HP11_content_stream

WHAT DID I SAY!! I told everyone Luck was going to have 3 plays, & depending on how the Defense goes... he can Change it. Who ever heard of the Play being STOPPED cause he Audibles in Practice? haha, Coach P is Funny. But Luck is Going Places in his Career. 5 More days and it starts

.... no surprise.... it's the latest on Luck from NFL.com and Albert Breer. His last piece on Luck earned raves here....

Well.... this one will blow your mind! Really.

This piece has Pagano telling Andrew stories on when and how everyone knew that Andrew wasn't like other rookie quarterbacks. That there was something extra special about him.

Read on..... You'll ***LOVE*** This!

http://www.nfl.com/n..._content_stream

HOLY :censored: THAT GETS ME FIRED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't find anything that fully shows how that article makes me feel but this one is close:

:banana:

WHAT DID I SAY!! I told everyone Luck was going to have 3 plays, & depending on how the Defense goes... he can Change it. Who ever heard of the Play being STOPPED cause he Audibles in Practice? haha, Coach P is Funny. But Luck is Going Places in his Career. 5 More days and it starts

Ummm.... I don't think so. He's not going to have 3 plays. That's something they did at Stanford. They're not going to do that here at Indy.

And the reason is this.... at Stanford, the plays were shorter, not as much language (words).... he'd literally call three plays in the huddle, and then the team would check with him at the line.

But here at Indy, there'd be no way to do that. The plays are dramatically longer. There'd be no way for Luck to convey that much information in such a short time.

They'll give Andrew one play, and the freedom to audible out of it to anything he sees fit. Just like any other veteran quarterback. Otherwise, it's just overkill.

The key here is his ability to absorb and process information like a veteran. It's almost like dealing with someone with a near photographic memory. But it's more than that.... it's his ability to process and understand the information.

Don't get me wrong. He'll get confused and frazzled just like any other rookie QB. But hopefully, it will happen less than most. That'd be my expectation.

Hope that clarifies.... :thmup:

Ummm.... I don't think so. He's not going to have 3 plays. That's something they did at Stanford. They're not going to do that here at Indy.

And the reason is this.... at Stanford, the plays were shorter, not as much language (words).... he'd literally call three plays in the huddle, and then the team would check with him at the line.

But here at Indy, there'd be no way to do that. The plays are dramatically longer. There'd be no way for Luck to convey that much information in such a short time.

They'll give Andrew one play, and the freedom to audible out of it to anything he sees fit. Just like any other veteran quarterback. Otherwise, it's just overkill.

The key here is his ability to absorb and process information like a veteran. It's almost like dealing with someone with a near photographic memory. But it's more than that.... it's his ability to process and understand the information.

Don't get me wrong. He'll get confused and frazzled just like any other rookie QB. But hopefully, it will happen less than most. That'd be my expectation.

Hope that clarifies.... :thmup:

Peyton had the "3 Play System" when he was here if I'm not Mistaken. So, it is Possible... but Idk Arians style of Offense so maybe he won't give him 3 plays then

Edit: Sorry, it was a "2 Play System". I re-read what I wrote. So yeah, maybe they'll give Luck 2 Plays

I'd rather he had 3 SECONDS to throw the ball.

Not in August.

Hard to disagree.

I get the impression that your not cool with the new direction, and I get ya. Maybe the goods are on the way though? It's football, I'll remain optimistic about this situation until proven otherwise, at a much later date.

Hard to disagree.

I get the impression that your not cool with the new direction, and I get ya. Maybe the goods are on the way though? It's football, I'll remain optimistic about this situation until proven otherwise, at a much later date.

The direction has nothing to do with it. It is what it is. Irsay made his decision and that is that.

I just didn't want to get wet.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - August 7: Andrew Luck cautiously peers out of his bedroom suite, with scientific formulas no football mind has ever come across displayed prominently on the window pane above him.

cacecba6_2001RCABM.jpg

I know this is just a friendly little dig at the Luck Euphoria, but honestly, what do you think of him so far? Spare us the "we haven't seen him play yet, etc." obvious stuff, just give your outsider opinion on what you think of Luck as a prospect right now.

I know this is just a friendly little dig at the Luck Euphoria, but honestly, what do you think of him so far? Spare us the "we haven't seen him play yet, etc." obvious stuff, just give your outsider opinion on what you think of Luck as a prospect right now.

We haven't seen him play yet.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - August 7: Andrew Luck cautiously peers out of his bedroom suite, with scientific formulas no football mind has ever come across displayed prominently on the window pane above him.

cacecba6_2001RCABM.jpg

Matt Schaub's reaction to the beautiful mind in Indy:

Matt-Schaub1.jpg

The AFC South and the landscape of the AFC in general, will never be the same again.