Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arians on Luck's playing time against the Rams

HtownColt

Expect Luck to take 20-25 snaps against the Rams in the first preseason game according to Arians.

"Still up in the air, you know. We want to see how long we want to play that first line and the entire group, so we haven't really sat down and talked about it yet. We'd like to get in 20 plays, maybe 25. Oh yeah, he needs to play against someone else other than himself and see different coverages and different fronts. We're looking forward to it." - Bruce Arians

At 20-25 plays.... we're talking roughly a quarter-plus, to a quarter and a half, give or take.

Wish it was more.... wish they'd come flat-out and say... he's playing the whole first half -- period.

But in Arians I trust, so I'll hold off on criticism. The man knows what he's doing.

By the way, did I mention I wish Luck was playing the whole first half?!? (Oh, yeah, right. I'll shut up!)

At 20-25 plays.... we're talking roughly a quarter-plus, to a quarter and a half, give or take.

Wish it was more.... wish they'd come flat-out and say... he's playing the whole first half -- period.

But in Arians I trust, so I'll hold off on criticism. The man knows what he's doing.

By the way, did I mention I wish Luck was playing the whole first half?!? (Oh, yeah, right. I'll shut up!)

Luck is only going to be out there while the 1st team o line is out there and I know theres no chance they would play a whole half together when you have all these lineman to evaluate. And there is no way in heck Luck stays in with a second string offensive line there's just no way lol. Let drew Stanton and Chandler Harnish take that pounding not your franchise QB. Have to protect your investment lol

I just wanna see how Luck responds to Howie Long's kid bringing the pass rush heat. I also wanna see how well Luck responds to LB and safety pressure too. No more Red protective jersey son. You can actually get sacked now. Welcome to the NFL...This is gonna be fun to watch....pose in the pocket, composure, and decision making front and center.

Luck is only going to be out there while the 1st team o line is out there and I know theres no chance they would play a whole half together when you have all these lineman to evaluate. And there is no way in heck Luck stays in with a second string offensive line there's just no way lol. Let drew Stanton and Chandler Harnish take that pounding not your franchise QB. Have to protect your investment lol

HTown....

I agree with every word you say. Every single word. I was hoping (and I knew it wouldn't happen) that Arians would have the whole first team offense play the whole first half. I was thinking they'd all need it. But, as I said, Arians knows much, much, MUCH better than I do.

Wishful thinking on my part. Silly thinking on my part. Honestly, I'm only talking out of my rear here...

Pre-season kicks off this week for the Colts. Really looking forward to it...

Did I mention the whole me talking out of my rear thing?!? (Oh, never mind!) :thmup:

First preseason game....very little film work....we will not see any 'wrinkles' offensively or defensively. We will see mostly 'base defense' which to me will be great to watch when the Colt's D is on the field.

I kind of wish Avery was playing after Reggie said all they tell him to do is 'go long.' :) I think a main key to watch in Luck's development is his relationship with the OL, in particular Samson Satele as he makes line calls. Also Luck's awareness of what the defense disguises. Like I said I do not see too many wrinkles, but as a Colt fan could you be any more excited! WOW!!!!

Depending on time of possession and how many possessions we get I would expect the whole first quarter and maybe one drive in the second. That is a long time to have the first team out there. Remember they probably aren't all in game shape and we want to get work for them but not have some bad mistakes because they aren't ready. Should be a good amount of time without opening yourself up to too many injuries. It would be just as bad to lose a first team that is set to protect Luck or he throw to them because we are trying to play them the whole half and rush them out there for too long when they aren't ready.

After watching nearly a whole season of Collins/Painter, I'll just be ecstatic to see a QB that can do anything. Thank god last year is over. So excited for this sunday and being able to see Luck's debut. Even if it is just preseason.

There is a lot of truth in that statement kansascolt. The benchmark of expectations has certainly be lowered given the lackluster performances of Painter and Collins last season. Any positive strides forward for Luck is gravy for our franchise. The needle is finally pointed up.

OK....

A Colts fan in Houston. How did that happen? What's the back-story?

When I first picked up football and started learning real football lingo and schemes and all that good stuff. The first game I ever watched and actuallu knew what I was looking at and can break down some of the things and responsibilities positions had was the Colts vs Ravens in 2002(Colts won 22-20 of course) and the colts just stuck and that been my favorite team ever since.and yes I get a whole lot of trash talk every year but I do my fair share of dishing out the trash talk. But yea that's my story lol

When I first picked up football and started learning real football lingo and schemes and all that good stuff. The first game I ever watched and actuallu knew what I was looking at and can break down some of the things and responsibilities positions had was the Colts vs Ravens in 2002(Colts won 22-20 of course) and the colts just stuck and that been my favorite team ever since.and yes I get a whole lot of trash talk every year but I do my fair share of dishing out the trash talk. But yea that's my story lol

Here is the box score and stat line of that game. Manning was 30-40 1 td and 1int, sacked 5 times though, Harrisson had 12 catches for 150yrds

http://www.footballdb.com/boxscore/2002101303

So the Texans had their first season in 2002. Why didn't you become a fan of them? Just curious.

So the Texans had their first season in 2002. Why didn't you become a fan of them? Just curious.

Like i said the Colts was the first team i ever understood and they just stuck..I was just never drawn to them with their David Carr experiment and paying all that money to that one lineman in the draft and he ended up never playing a down(i forgot his name)and on top of that I just don't like any team my daddy roots for..have to have something to argue about on NFL Sunday haha