Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaVon Brazil wowing Coaches and fans

HtownColt

Apparently LaVon Brazil is making his presence known in Colts camp so far(which I love), wowing coaches and fans with his playmaking ability and special team gamechanger ability. So far he is showing to have reliable hands and very very few dropped balls and one handed catches and blazing speed. Here is some quotes from this article and how he is doing in camp.

"LaVon Brazill took a pitch from backup quarterback Drew Stanton and headed off toward the left. But he stopped abruptly just past the tackle and looked downfield.

Fourth-year wide receiver Austin Collie was sprinting wide-open down the right sideline, and Brazill hit him in stride with a nearly textbook-perfect pass."

“Special teams is everything,” Brazill said. “That’s what you make the team from. We’ve got (three) great receivers, Austin Collie and Reggie (Wayne) and Donnie Avery. We have them. They’re going to be our guys. I’m trying to make my mark as that special teams player.”

He’s doing pretty well as a receiver, too.

"Brazill has opened eyes and wowed fans with an assortment of one-handed catches, but he’s also shown the consistency coaches love. No dropped passes immediately spring to mind after more than a full week of practices, and his pure speed is extremely difficult to ignore.

He blew past cornerback Korey Lindsey on Monday and pulled in a 70-yard touchdown pass from Luck."

http://m.heraldbulletin.com/thb/pm_104142/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=TN7hj3FZ

So far we know he's a great camp player. I was reading a Rams blog and they talk about a WR who's been all pro the last two camps. But they call him The Invisible Man because he disappears in real games.

I'm not getting down on Brazil, I hope he's the real thing. But I want to see how he plays for real before I'll get too excited.

This is good news!!!! Im anxious to see these guys in action against another team though. Its neat to hear about all this speed we have and also the fact that we have recivers who are not just fast but can catch and have good hands. I see Andrew Luck having a fair amount of Deep connections this year as Long as that O line keeps him upright. I hope oppsing corners are ready to work because thier gonna get tested with our speed.

Quote from above.....what I have been preaching since Pagano was hired....not to mention years and years past where we have been less than special: Special teams need to be special!

“Special teams is everything,” Brazill said. “That’s what you make the team from. We’ve got (three) great receivers, Austin Collie and Reggie (Wayne) and Donnie Avery. We have them. They’re going to be our guys. I’m trying to make my mark as that special teams player.”

Those last 7 or 8 spots and the practice squad will come down to ferocity on special teams. With the speed of Hilton and Brazill maybe (just maybe) we can take a couple to the house. Also guys like Lutrus and Hickman....Fugger...Lloyd need to be hitting machines (throw in some of your favorites too! :)

Good Luck on your continues progress young man, and keep up the great attitude you bring toward the true meaning of TEAM!!

Apparently LaVon Brazil is making his presence known in Colts camp so far(which I love), wowing coaches and fans with his playmaking ability and special team gamechanger ability. So far he is showing to have reliable hands and very very few dropped balls and one handed catches and blazing speed. Here is some quotes from this article and how he is doing in camp.

"LaVon Brazill took a pitch from backup quarterback Drew Stanton and headed off toward the left. But he stopped abruptly just past the tackle and looked downfield.

Fourth-year wide receiver Austin Collie was sprinting wide-open down the right sideline, and Brazill hit him in stride with a nearly textbook-perfect pass."

He’s doing pretty well as a receiver, too.

"Brazill has opened eyes and wowed fans with an assortment of one-handed catches, but he’s also shown the consistency coaches love. No dropped passes immediately spring to mind after more than a full week of practices, and his pure speed is extremely difficult to ignore.

He blew past cornerback Korey Lindsey on Monday and pulled in a 70-yard touchdown pass from Luck."

http://m.heraldbulle...ntguid=TN7hj3FZ

If Avery is hurt..we need this young man...

You mean we might actually have something that is resembles a special teams unit?

Can't like that enough!!

I was just wondering what happened to "Coaches Gushing Over Jabin Sambrano"? Haven't heard much about him lately.

Whatever. I just want them to be gushing over someone on Monday.

Wow....2 great posts in a row...not surprising given who posted them. Personally I don't care what the coaches say....I'm more interested in WHO the coaches PLAY! That will tell me all I need to know. Can't wait to get a look at the new team.

I was just wondering what happened to "Coaches Gushing Over Jabin Sambrano"? Haven't heard much about him lately.

Whatever. I just want them to be gushing over someone on Monday.

Anybody can look good in shorts and a helmet. As soon as the pads come on they fade. Happens every year on every team

Anybody can look good in shorts and a helmet. As soon as the pads come on they fade. Happens every year on every team

I think what he was meaning....and I apologize if I'm not taking his quote right but its how I feel is that the Coaches have basically Gushed over everyone in camp. Practice is not a game and while you accomplish many things in practice and its the foundation for success in games...we don't win any games in practice and no one wins an MVP in practice. We are more interested in what happens in the games.

Im thinking Griff doesnt have the speed the coaches seem to be looking for, Dont quote me on that of course cause I have no idea what his 40 was or how fast he is game speed but couple that with anything else the coaches may not like about him for example hands then he has no shot even if he has chemistry with Luck, I dont know if any of the above is true Im just throwing it out there

That explains why Allen's a football player and not a track star. Also, thanks to that 40 he fell to us.

and Ballards tumble caused him to fall... pun intended... to us also. not saying Allen is bad, the "slow" was in quotes for a reason. Guy is a beast and if he is our "slow" guy (by far the slowest of the rb/wr/te) we are FAST!