Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JMV insider says Harnish looks better then Luck

manningstheman

I'm not saying the MAC is better, but the PAC is last to the main six.

By what standard? The Pac has been as good as any conference outside of the SEC, especially over the last five years or so. USC had two down years, but Oregon and Stanford took their place quite adequately.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By what standard? The Pac has been as good as any conference outside of the SEC, especially over the last five years or so. USC had two down years, but Oregon and Stanford took their place quite adequately.

Let's not go there. Mainly because after those three you have to stop.

I will say one thing, I'm watching Total Access and Lindsay Rhodes looks better than Harnish and Luck.

Championships. PAC is the only one without a National title since the BCS, even though USC had one. But if they can say JoePa is the all-time winning-est coach then USC definitely doesn't have a title. Also I think the PAC has the least title since the modernization of the game in the 1930s.

Current AP pre season poll

4 SEC

3 PAC 10

1 Big 10

1 Big 12

1 MWC

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not. I haven't seen the AP, but I thought that after USC no one was expecting much from the rest of the PAC. I really don't want to turn this into a college football discussion. Besides, no one is going to convince me that the PAC is better than the SEC, Big 10, or 12.

JMV's insider at Anderson says that Harnish looked better then Luck right now. Infact, Luck looked a little confused at times. Lets not forget that Harnish was out for awhile when he got hurt early at rookie minicamp. What are your thoughts. I am a Norwell grad. So, my opinion is not valid. Harnish is gold to us up here.

I believe this started as a joke. I read somewhere that a waitress had spoken to the two of them and favored Chandler.

Championships. PAC is the only one without a National title since the BCS, even though USC had one. But if they can say JoePa is the all-time winning-est coach then USC definitely doesn't have a title. Also I think the PAC has the least title since the modernization of the game in the 1930s.

That's fair. I don't think it's an accurate way to determine what order the conferences are in right now, or over the past few years when Andrew Luck was at Stanford.

I believe this started as a joke. I read somewhere that a waitress had spoken to the two of them and favored Chandler.

I am guessing and hoping manningstheman is joking or got around to getting the joke on JMV's show.

Though it may not be a great analogy, tuning in to a radio show for a few minutes in the middle of a topic is like reading a random bible verse without knowing the context, both are prone to lots of misinterpretation :) :).

Let's not go there. Mainly because after those three you have to stop.

I will say one thing, I'm watching Total Access and Lindsay Rhodes looks better than Harnish and Luck.

What are all the powers in the ACC? The Big Ten is down, and has been for several years (not to mention that the Pac has had the edge in head-to-heads against the Big Ten for the past several years). The Big 12 is falling apart. The Big East is nowhere near the Pac in football.

I don't mean to derail the thread, I just don't get how the Pac is the bottom feeder of the main six in football. That's not even close to being accurate. And it's irrelevant when it comes to Luck's college career.

Maybe you are right, but I did say I am a Harnish supporter. You have a tied Luck in you pic. Funny.

just making sure you have no crazy thoughts of Harnish beating Luck out in any way.#1 pick loses starting job to Mr.irrelevant not likely many jobs would be lost.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not. I haven't seen the AP, but I thought that after USC no one was expecting much from the rest of the PAC. I really don't want to turn this into a college football discussion. Besides, no one is going to convince me that the PAC is better than the SEC, Big 10, or 12.

That's the number of teams each conference has in the Top 10. Oregon is #4, USC #6, Stanford #7.

No way is anyone in college football even close to the SEC. But I do think the Pac is better right now, and for the past two years, than the Big Ten and the Big 12.

What are all the powers in the ACC? The Big Ten is down, and has been for several years (not to mention that the Pac has had the edge in head-to-heads against the Big Ten for the past several years). The Big 12 is falling apart. The Big East is nowhere near the Pac in football.

I don't mean to derail the thread, I just don't get how the Pac is the bottom feeder of the main six in football. That's not even close to being accurate. And it's irrelevant when it comes to Luck's college career.

Yeah, let's not derail the thread anymore than we have. I'm a Big 10 guy (OSU) in SEC country. I get enough grief about 'quality football'. Hard to argue with them, I still think Bama had a better D than the Colts last year.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, August 1, 2012 - poster request
Hidden by Superman, August 1, 2012 - poster request

It is OK to derail the thread. I am disappointed that tonight's NFL Access has not shown much of what we saw today!

I get way too much Bengal 'stuff' here. Got more tonight. I do love the one-on-one with QB and running back....between everybody. That is a rush!

One thing I noticed this evening was Jerry Hughes running over #46 TE Dominique Jones. Earlier what we believed to be Scott Lutrus flattened TE Kyle Miller. This is important because Pagano had praised Jone's athleticism in mini camps and OTAs. Good luck Jerry Hughes.

Thanks to Malakai and the folks on early for some great analysis, humor and fun!!!

I am deleting this...dumb post.....wrong thread!

Yeah, let's not derail the thread anymore than we have. I'm a Big 10 guy (OSU) in SEC country. I get enough grief about 'quality football'. Hard to argue with them, I still think Bama had a better D than the Colts last year.

Im POSITIVE of that... lol

Anybody in SEC country would get that, though. They're blowing the doors off college football right now. Only thing the Pac can claim over the SEC is more starting quarterbacks in the NFL. Cam Newton and Matt Stafford are doing their best to represent though.

As for Bama's defense, at least we got one of their guys in the draft. Too bad he's not ready to hit the field just yet.

Okay, I'm done.

I Honestly don't see how "What Conference" you play in has ANYTHING to do with this. Each Conference offers a different Skill Position. For Example, the Big 12 is MORE LIKELY to Produce a BETTER QB than the SEC. But on the other Hand, the SEC is more likely to produce a BETTER RB than the Big 12. What conference you play in doesn't matter cause as long as you give it your Best, that's what counts

I Honestly don't see how "What Conference" you play in has ANYTHING to do with this. Each Conference offers a different Skill Position. For Example, the Big 12 is MORE LIKELY to Produce a BETTER QB than the SEC. But on the other Hand, the SEC is more likely to produce a BETTER RB than the Big 12. What conference you play in doesn't matter cause as long as you give it your Best, that's what counts

It makes tons of difference. big time programs, for the most part, put out players who are capable of playing in the nfl.. not too many small school guys playing QB in the NFL

I am guessing and hoping manningstheman is joking or got around to getting the joke on JMV's show.

Though it may not be a great analogy, tuning in to a radio show for a few minutes in the middle of a topic is like reading a random bible verse without knowing the context, both are prone to lots of misinterpretation :) :).

"The heart of the Wise makes his speech judicious and adds persuasiveness to his lips."

I think that's from the Book of Tebow, Chapter 3rd and 12.

It makes tons of difference. big time programs, for the most part, put out players who are capable of playing in the nfl.. not too many small school guys playing QB in the NFL

I guess. I just say it's down to whoever wants it more. For instance, I'll take a QB from the MWC over a QB from Alabama. Ex: That McElroy guy is 3rd String on the Jets. And the Term "Small School" is kind of Rude. It's just some Schools get more "Attention" than others. Some of those Lesser Attention getting Schools produce some of the Best Talent.

Whos JMV? Sounds like someone whos just wanting to get some publicity with silly statements, Only thing I will say about this is 1 thing, If Luck goes down the Colts go down with him, Stanton may get 2 wins maybe 3 at best........Harnish? Look the kid was real good in college but are we really taking teams like Ball State, Akron, Buffalo, Kent State, Umass, Bowling Green and so forth serious as a means to say Harnish is good enough? This is someone likely still bitter over the Manning release in my opinion, Lucks looked pretty dang good more often then not, Has Luck done a few bonehead plays? yep a couple but there is no comparisen

If harnish is looking good, then great. lord knows we have not had decent back ups in how long lol. if luck ever went down for the season (knock on wood) then id hope harnish or stanton could step in and finish the job unlike painter and sorgi. but something about big ten QB's that scares me when the colts get them. first Sorgi, then painter and then they traded for Stanton ( might be wrong about stanton, but he played for MSU) they just dont seem to do well for the colts lol.

IF, let's make it known this is an IF, Harnish happens to be better why would you trade him away?

Cause the PAC is on level with the other big divisions.

They're only behind the SEC and the B1G. USC, Oregon, Washington, Cal, Arizona State, etc. Harnish won't be better. I'm saying if he looks good in preseason and limited playing time we should trade him like Kolb or Flynn (I know he wasn't traded).

They're only behind the SEC and the B1G. USC, Oregon, Washington, Cal, Arizona State, etc. Harnish won't be better. I'm saying if he looks good in preseason and limited playing time we should trade him like Kolb or Flynn (I know he wasn't traded).

There was a reason to the if. I wasn't a question of is he, it was if he can be. I'm just saying IF he happens to be you keep the better of the two. I'm sure everyone would prefer $110 over $100.

Stanford isn't going to compete anymore. USC and Oregon are the only teams in the PAC.

There was a reason to the if. I wasn't a question of is he, it was if he can be. I'm just saying IF he happens to be you keep the better of the two. I'm sure everyone would prefer $110 over $100.

Stanford isn't going to compete anymore. USC and Oregon are the only teams in the PAC.

Washington will compete...this year FX...maybe not year after year...some good young players. Just my opinion....Love the QB!

Harnish doesn't have a strong enough arm to be better, IMO. I get what you're saying, though. Washington and Cal are also good. The PAC 12 isnt as weak as you make it seem.

Harnish doesn't have a strong enough arm to be better, IMO. I get what you're saying, though. Washington and Cal are also good. The PAC 12 isnt as weak as you make it seem.

Well they are the 5th best in bowl games last year, out of the main six, and overall National Champioships. I've said sixth before, but a few chamionships were doubled because of coach and AP selection in the Big East.

Back to OP, Colts.com have Harnish as the highlight Player of the Day also.